Which first team players would you keep?

I really think Lennon is at the lash.We on here love Celtic and to listen to his excuses is cringe worthy.A blind man can see where the problem is,he continually plays Duffer and his substitutions usually leaves us worse off.Yesterday chasing the game he pulls off a forward and puts on Rogic.He has not got a clue about tactics I think he just looks and whoever is nearest goes on.The games up for him I mean honestly Ajeti and Polish Paddy twiddling his thumbs in the stand.Please go Neil thanks but it’s time to go.
Pretty much Under lined all the Clubs problems there Croppybhoy.
But totally agree Taxi fur Lennon

HH 👏

Someone(s) is going have to actually do this for real in the coming weeks/months, whether that's a DOF and or the old fashioned manager deciding football issues ,hopefully he is

1. Selected despite his wage demands
2. Selected despite never playing fir ra Sellick- aw that pish needs to end.

The squad is too large, no doubt. Remember just before BR took charge, players like Broony, Forrest were piss poor, and probably could have been heading oot. BR came in and got the best out of those players, and more.

Morale is at an all time low, and a new Gaffer would probably get the best out of the squad again.

Keepers

Bain - Keep
Varkas - Sell
Doohan - Not seen
Hazard - Future

Defenders

Julien - Keep, still to see him at his best
Taylor - Still young
Duffy - I'll personally drive you to Brighton
Ajer - Keep
Elhamed - Cheerio
Ralston - Not sure he has a future with us, Could possibly be played in another position
Welsh - Promising future
Laxalt - Keep

Midfield

Coffey - Not seen
Bitton - Versatile Utility, but could go
Brown - Pipe and slippers time
Soro - The new Broony
Turnbull - Bright future
Christie - A new Gaffer might get the old Christie back?
Rogic - Out
Johnston - Bright future
Ntcham - Think he wants away?
Elyounoussi - Inconsistent, see Christie
Connell - Future
Robertson - Future
McGregor - Keep
Forrest - Not sure what player we'll get back once fit
Henderson - Future
Dembele - Keep
Shved - Not given a chance,, Not seen him enough

Forwards

Griffiths - Keep the heid and you can stay
Ajeti - Started off with goals, but might improve with a new Boss
Klimala - See Ajeti
Edouard - Keep, or Cash in
Okoflex - Future
Harper - Future
Bayo - Undecided as not seen enough of him

Keep, assuming they want to stay (?)

Barkas, Hazard, Doohan
Taylor, Jullien(?), Ajer(?), Welsh
McGregor(?), Turnbull, Soro, Henderson, Connell, Robertson
Forrest, Johnston
Ajeti, Klimala

Edouard, Christie, Ntcham, Rogic will all definitely leave, Brown should retire, Griffiths should have been chased last summer and a lot of the youngsters aren't good enough (which is a whole different issue that hopefully a Director of Football will address). Loanees to go back and those loaned out to be sold. Squad players like Bitton, Elhamed and Ralston can go.

I would add Klimala to these three.
The boy came in added 20 lbs of muscle in response to criticism and has pace to burn. Great work rate. Bit of deceb Coaching and I think there is a player in there
Maybe young Welsh as well.
Beyond that neither up nor down
HH

There's certainly an argument for these 2 and maybe Taylor too mate but right now, for me anyway, the 3 I mentioned look like they're the only ones worth building a team around.

Can't fault Klimala for his attitude and work rate Lmc just don't know if the required talent is there, same goes for Welsh. Just too early to tell imo.

Let's be honest, in today's economic climate there is not going to be a massive clear-out but there will be a number of out of contract players who will go along with the loanees. We need a dynamic coach with a reputation of developing and improving players. He will probably be allowed to buy 3 or 4 key players as well.

I think the players we have do have a lot of talent but they just need to get fitter, encouraged properly and given proper coaching and definitive tactics instead of chucked on the pitch with no obvious gameplan.

Keepers

Varkas

Despite his lack of saves I think his pedigree is affected mostly by covid and our shocking system. I think a good coach could work with him and hopefully he settles better in coming months if not then we need 3 keepers for first team.

Defenders

Julien (bit physically weak and unstable in cold wind) but still probably our best CB
Taylor - decent left back for me
Ralston
Welsh

need a proper dynamic left back who can cross well
need a proper dynamic right back who can cross well
need 2 solid experienced CBs who can shift and read game

Midfield

Soro
Turnbull
Connell
Robertson
McGregor
Henderson

need 2 proper dynamic CMS who stay our goal side of ball by nature but can both read game and pass 1 touch with decent accuracy

Forwards

Ajeti
Klimala
Johnston
Forrest

I think both Ajeti and Klimala would be decent partnership up top if they felt they were important to team. I think if Ajeti was given proper instructions he would be good inside left/right/striker

forrest missing has been huge for us this year, despite sometimes not appearing to do much n park we have been very very much poorer without his creativity and goals

I would like a proper robust all rounder striker who can play any role through middle someone like
Larsson would be ideal

if we cant get that dude then maybe we keep Griffiths till we find a proper centre forward who can head ball well and can shoot left or right peg.

my preferred formation would be 433 with 3 central mids who stay central and support defensive channels by being aware but structured enough to support the attack in n organised coherent plan

Jock Stein took a bunch of players who couldn't win a three-legged race in a Primary School and in 18 months won the European Cup with them .

So much of our present malaise is DEFINITELY down to poor coaching . The majority of our players were 'invincible' under Rodgers ( like him or loath him ) - so many have regressed under Lennon .

Don't condemn all the players until we see how they can perform under someone who has tactical nous and knows how to handle players - NOT name them and throw them under a bus during a live TV interview when he is pissed off .

HH
They were regressing towards the end of Rodgers time and Lennon's first year and a half but they were up against a team of fucking shitebags.
I would think the fact we're nearly 30 points behind them should allow The Celtic manager to be pissed off. I am pissed off and clearly we all are and so we should be. If there was supporters at games, i can guarantee they wouldn't be this shite but they can hide now.
Their cars got attacked and there were protests, there you go couple of performances.
Were even pretty good v Deidco, but now they've downed tools, they're on holiday.
I say this bar a few of them that do give it their best.

So IMO they should be flung under a fucking bus and reversed back over, forward and back a few times :devilish:
It's not a couple of bad performances it nearly a season of them.

I'd say he's done well to keep it together with them (well sort of) until now. He's been flung under a bus by them/board/supporters/media for performance after performance.
He himself is utterly fucking culpable, but these guys have had smoke blown up their arses for too long.
Never have we had a group of non-triers than we have this season, they are indefensible.
I don't think he's went far enough but he's got to temper it before the dummy's that haven't already been spat, go too.
There .......... ahhhhhhhhhh.......i think i'll have my weekly reefer now

Let's be honest, in today's economic climate there is not going to be a massive clear-out but there will be a number of out of contract players who will go along with the loanees. We need a dynamic coach with a reputation of developing and improving players. He will probably be allowed to buy 3 or 4 key players as well.

I think the players we have do have a lot of talent but they just need to get fitter, encouraged properly and given proper coaching and definitive tactics instead of chucked on the pitch with no obvious gameplan.

Never doubted that there's plenty of talent within our squad BB, it's the commitment, professionalism, hunger and fight that's been so sorely lacking imo mate.

Couple all that with a management team with little tactical nous, an inability to prepare a team properly for the demands of the modern game, poor man-management skills and a stubbornness to change or accept responsibility and it's a recipe for disaster.

Back