Whisper it, but Celtic could be getting 2750 tickets for Ibrox

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
A few weeks ago we mentioned the dilemma facing theRangers and their support as their confidence in winning the title for the first time ever in front of their supporters started to grow. But there was something at the back of their minds as they looked at the remaining fixtures, and through their blue-tinted glasses they realised that there was a real problem that needed addressed.

Every week will be neck-and-neck now and there are likely to be dramatic moments and maybe some points unexpectedly dropped. However the big stand-out is this; both teams know that if they win all their games outside the Glasgow Derby, take the three points in their home game and get a draw away from home against their title rivals then they are guaranteed the title.

LC_RANGERS_CELTIC_1703_preview-1024x689.jpeg

The entire problem with the Glasgow Derby ticket row started when an element of the theRangers support lobbied their board to restrict Celtic’s allocation from a full and free Broomloan Road stand to that dangerous little corner. There logic was this. Win their home games against Celtic, write-off getting anything at Celtic Park as a bridge too far and then it’s down to how they perform against the rest. That’s the only way that they could see back in 2018 to get any sniff of a title.

Of course they did get one, but it took the intervention of a global pandemic and they all sat watching in on their sofas. It’s just not the same as being there and we all understand that.

rangers-fc-v-celtic-fc-cinch-scottish-premiership-21-1024x682.jpeg

So back to this season. The next Glasgow Derby is at Ibrox, Celtic will refuse tickets for the corner as even theRangers have admitted that it is unsafe – after all seven Celtic supporters have been hit by glass missiles thrown by theRangers support. So if it’s a stand-off then there will be no Celtic supporters at this game – one theRangers are confident that they can win – and that means that for the return game there is zero chance that there will be any away tickets given to theRangers.

Remember they tried their best to get tickets for the game in December, Celtic point blankly refused and the SPFL didn’t want to get involved. Nor will they this time either.

So what if they are coming to Celtic Park after the split in May looking for a point that would effectively win them the title, in their eyes, and through their own actions they have denied themselves the opportunity to be their to witness what would be the greatest triumph in their new club’s history?

As you would expect, theRangers fans would be desperate to attend this game, and the ONLY way that they can make this happen is to alter the ticket arrangements for the game at Ibrox at the start of April.

Fe5CKZVXEAI0yI0.jpg-large.jpeg

And judging by this rumour that has emerged today, it looks like theRangers are going to offer Celtic 2750 tickets for this game, presumably with a similar number being offered to them for the game in May at Celtic Park. The image above shows Liverpool fans enjoying their night at Ibrox, anyone recall the scoreline? That’s likely how things would look with us doing something similar at Celtic Park.

Having seen the tweet shown below we contacted a friend of a friend ‘across the barricades’ who has some insight into these matters across the city and there does indeed appear to be something in this.

“It’s true, it is being discussed” was the response that was indirectly relayed back to us. We have asked Celtic too but have heard nothing back yet. It’s also being openly discussed on their favourite forum, the one that started the whole thing, so it appears to have come full circle.

Have a look at this and make of it what you will…

Hearing Celtic are getting 2750 tickets for the old firm in April.

If this is true then this is a fantastic first step.

The biggest derby in Europe will be back to full strength once again.

Bring it on
😎

— Stacks (@DonStacks) February 13, 2024

6th April – Ibrox… Run it back Celtic
😅
pic.twitter.com/9uGwmrxMiS

— The Parkhead Faithful (@TheParkheadF) February 13, 2024

Help raise funds for Celtic Youth Academy by playing the Celtic Pools Weekly Lottery and you could win up to £25,000. The lottery is £1 per week.

THE CELTIC STAR’S WINTER SALE IS NOW ON! ALL BOOKS HALF PRICE FOR A LIMITED PERIOD INCLUDING OUR 2023 BEST SELLER MAJIC, STAN AND THE KING OF JAPAN. GET A MASSIVE 50% OFF ALL BOOKS AT CELTICSTARBOOKS.COM/SHOP

More Stories / Latest

No question of Abada being shunned because of where he’s from
Feb 13 2024, 13:21

Whisper it, but Celtic could be getting 2750 tickets for Ibrox
Feb 13 2024, 12:23

Brendan Rodgers looks well and truly up for a title fight
Feb 13 2024, 11:31

Continue reading...

In my opinion, this should not be accepted. It does not guaranteed Celtic fan's safety. They initiated this nonsense, so let them accept the consequences of it. We have proven our players can win there, without support. And will do so again. I know many will say, accept it, and that it is progress. But it is progress on their terms, and only because, they think, it is to their advantage now. For me, it is a case of 'stand firm Celtic'.

In my opinion, this should not be accepted. It does not guaranteed Celtic fan's safety. They initiated this nonsense, so let them accept the consequences of it. We have proven our players can win there, without support. And will do so again. I know many will say, accept it, and that it is progress. But it is progress on their terms, and only because, they think, it is to their advantage now. For me, it is a case of 'stand firm Celtic'.
Fuck them, they made their bed and were allowed to do so by the powers that be, and the Scottish media continues to run with the narrative that we are somehow to blame
Let them scream and shout their abuse at anyone who knows the story, they live in 1690 and will never change
They attacked our team, our fans, and even climbed over their own disabled section, in an attempt to get at Celtic players celebrating a win at their hole
They can’t take defeat graciously, and cannot guarantee the safety of their own, never mind anyone else
FTH

Last edited:
I'll nail my colours tae the post, I've rarely attended matches at Ibrox, a few in the 80’s & a couple in the 90s, I WOULDN'T GIVE THAT RANCID MOB THE STEAM AFF MA PISS, NEVER MIND MONEY.

Liverpool won 7-0, my niece & nephew we're at Ibrox that night. They reckon it was the best away day ever, they video called at 6-0, Liverpool fans in full voice 🎶We've won it six times, 55 you've won fuck all🎶

I'll nail my colours tae the post, I've rarely attended matches at Ibrox, a few in the 80’s & a couple in the 90s, I WOULDN'T GIVE THAT RANCID MOB THE STEAM AFF MA PISS, NEVER MIND MONEY.

Liverpool won 7-0, my niece & nephew we're at Ibrox that night. They reckon it was the best away day ever, they video called at 6-0, Liverpool fans in full voice 🎶We've won it six times, 55 you've won fuck all🎶
Couldn't agree more HH

Rumour has it, it was a story someone posted on the interweb, and there's no truth to it, isn't life grand when trolls can get their jollies by doing that...fukwits
It's being discussed over there. If it was just that tweet I wouldn't have posted it. We have a decent contact, anything we've heard has been accurate. They want tickets for game at Celtic Park. Whether Celtic agree or not who knows.

It's being discussed over there. If it was just that tweet I wouldn't have posted it. We have a decent contact, anything we've heard has been accurate. They want tickets for game at Celtic Park. Whether Celtic agree or not who knows.
Couldn't give a munkys

Back