Who Next??? 🤔

Ok here is my two pence worth 🤣

Always said that a manger should not be cutting it at a club our size with the demands that go with it (remember the throwing the baby out with the bath water for losing some dead rubber cups) so this rules out, Brown, Kennedy etc

The manger we have been linked with are all good. We should be going for the best possible candidate (we are in a very good place, squad and cash wise).

Ange failed in Europe like a lot have done, this for me rules out Brendon Rogers (who is a fantastic manager).

Potter, he didn't handle the pressure at Chelsea he won't up here too.

Moyes, win percentage isn't great but he's a top manager. Hopefully he wins a European trophy. I would snap anyone's hands off to win one in my lifetime. I think he would be super loyal.good Scottish managers are hard to find, however when they're good they're very good. Would welcome Moyes.

Kjetil Knutsen, is a super interesting prospect. His win % is very good and has done wonders at Bobo. A small Norweigan club is very different to Scotland's biggest, ask Ronny (who I liked a lot). I would be pleased with him, but the Celtic family would really have to get behind him.

The question is, what do we want our manger to win? the treble or win in Europe? Personally don't think both can be done. Ange and Brenden did trebles and walked away as it's not enough for the super ambitious.

If we want trebles then, get a loyal manger in like Lennon (who I liked for all his faults and bad luck) and use Europe as a bonus.

If we want Europe then get Moyes or Knutsen and say sacrifice the cups if you need too (play the youth and reserves). Win the league and progress in Europe.

I think tonight (10pm in Melbourne) I'm having a self reflection on what we demand.

I demand more, more European success more League wins. The rest is a bonus.

Ange came under struteny in Europe his open inviting play got quickly found out. Chances made with Kyogo missing. Everyone asked if he would tweak it to be more solid. Nah mate!

Imagine either Moyes or Knutsen with Ange's team in Europe next season. Watch out. They say Ange's teams peak in their 2-3 year.....maybe we have 1 more to go. His team but with a new more tactically aware manager.

Hey we are Champions H H 🍀

Last edited:
For my tuppence worth I think there are a few non starters in the names being mentioned.
Rodgers whether he is a no no for supporters or not despite his success his relationship on leaving with the board particularly Peter Lawell would prevent any return.

Broony needs a bigger test first before he gets anywhere near us ....I don't think the leap from his current position puts him in the running other than a bit part of the coaching team.

I would rule out Knutsen as he has a unique contract at Bodo where he currently gets 15/20% of player sales on top of his salary putting him on a EPL type wage. No way our board will be able to match that.

Marsche doesn't cut it for me as he has struggled in his last two appointments after Salzburg.

Maresca has won an under 23 league with Man City.
I get he is currently working with the best in Pep but its a risk as he flopped badly at Parma on his first role as a number one.

Potter will probably end up in the EPL musical chairs and will fancy another go down there.

Enrique again would probably be outside of our budget

Talk of Clarke Moyes would put half of the support on mogadon. Just NAW.

So who does that leave well hopefully not Kennedy who might also be for the off.
Has anybody considered Kewel might want to throw his hat into the ring.
I think he's quite a firey character and has the balls and would have learned alot under Ange ....if we are considering guys like Maresca why not Kewel who is already there...just saying like.
🥸 well that fkd that then ye tore ma list to feck

🧐 where's your list football manager

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the days of longer-term managerial appointments are at an end. If the manager is successful then a richer (usually English) club will try to poach them for massive riches and promises of huge transfer budgets (plus a huge pay-off when they usually get sacked after a few months). If they are unsuccessful then the fans complain and they get sacked. Therefore maybe we should seriously look at implementing European style operating structure with a Director of Football overseeing all aspects of the playing side including hiring of the manager/coach? This will ease the problems of having a powerful manager responsible for recruitment of players who then leaves and the next manager has to inherit players that may not fit their style and/or who do not want to play for them.

Interestingly, I have heard that this was the main factor for Dominic McKay leaving so quickly as CEO. There was a massive clash as he wanted to recruit a DoF (as he very publicly stated when he was hired with much fanfare from his successful stint with the SRU) but Ange refused to work under one. The board backed Ange and told McKay to bugger off after only 10 weeks in the job.

This model may or not work for us but it might smooth the transitions between managers which will probably happen every year or two from now on. Alternatively, you could correctly say that we have enjoyed our greatest ever period of success in our unbroken history, so there is no need to make such a dramatic change to how we operate.

It looks like the days of longer-term managerial appointments are at an end. If the manager is successful then a richer (usually English) club will try to poach them for massive riches and promises of huge transfer budgets (plus a huge pay-off when they usually get sacked after a few months). If they are unsuccessful then the fans complain and they get sacked. Therefore maybe we should seriously look at implementing European style operating structure with a Director of Football overseeing all aspects of the playing side including hiring of the manager/coach? This will ease the problems of having a powerful manager responsible for recruitment of players who then leaves and the next manager has to inherit players that may not fit their style and/or who do not want to play for them.

Interestingly, I have heard that this was the main factor for Dominic McKay leaving so quickly as CEO. There was a massive clash as he wanted to recruit a DoF (as he very publicly stated when he was hired with much fanfare from his successful stint with the SRU) but Ange refused to work under one. The board backed Ange and told McKay to bugger off after only 10 weeks in the job.

This model may or not work for us but it might smooth the transitions between managers which will probably happen every year or two from now on. Alternatively, you could correctly say that we have enjoyed our greatest ever period of success in our unbroken history, so there is no need to make such a dramatic change to how we operate.
I thought it interesting recently when Ange referred to JK as Head of Football Operations and not assistant manager. HoFO is like a Director of Football but without being on the board

Ok here is my two pence worth 🤣

Always said that a manger should not be cutting it at a club our size with the demands that go with it (remember the throwing the baby out with the bath water for losing some dead rubber cups) so this rules out, Brown, Kennedy etc

The manger we have been linked with are all good. We should be going for the best possible candidate (we are in a very good place, squad and cash wise).

Ange failed in Europe like a lot have done, this for me rules out Brendon Rogers (who is a fantastic manager).

Potter, he didn't handle the pressure at Chelsea he won't up here too.

Moyes, win percentage isn't great but he's a top manager. Hopefully he wins a European trophy. I would snap anyone's hands off to win one in my lifetime. I think he would be super loyal.good Scottish managers are hard to find, however when they're good they're very good. Would welcome Moyes.

Kjetil Knutsen, is a super interesting prospect. His win % is very good and has done wonders at Bobo. A small Norweigan club is very different to Scotland's biggest, ask Ronny (who I liked a lot). I would be pleased with him, but the Celtic family would really have to get behind him.

The question is, what do we want our manger to win? the treble or win in Europe? Personally don't think both can be done. Ange and Brenden did trebles and walked away as it's not enough for the super ambitious.

If we want trebles then, get a loyal manger in like Lennon (who I liked for all his faults and bad luck) and use Europe as a bonus.

If we want Europe then get Moyes or Knutsen and say sacrifice the cups if you need too (play the youth and reserves). Win the league and progress in Europe.

I think tonight (10pm in Melbourne) I'm having a self reflection on what we demand.

I demand more, more European success more League wins. The rest is a bonus.

Ange came under struteny in Europe his open inviting play got quickly found out. Chances made with Kyogo missing. Everyone asked if he would tweak it to be more solid. Nah mate!

Imagine either Moyes or Knutsen with Ange's team in Europe next season. Watch out. They say Ange's teams peak in their 2-3 year.....maybe we have 1 more to go. His team but with a new more tactically aware manager.

Hey we are Champions H H 🍀
Some great points CR.
I think your being harsh on Potter though.
Brighton are reaping what he sowed over a long period of time.
He walked in to one at that mob in London, Tuchel then Potter couldn't get a tune out of that team and they fell apart when he left.

If you get a chance, read into his spell with Osterund, he did a remarkable job with them and his work at Brighton is there for all to see

Doubt I'm jumping the gun with this thread.... So who's Next???

Is it too soon for Broonie and big Mik to return as a partnership???

What about Harry Kewel??? Or Harry sorry Graham Potter?? 🤔

John Kennedy 😔😳.???

Neil Lennon 😳😳😳😲

Gordon Strachan 😳😳😳😳.

Or Docco's pal Brendan Rodgers 🤔🤔🤔.

Or is left field the favourite... Who in the City group is up and coming and looking to get a leg up for a big league??

Many questions and no answers.... Its what being a Celtic fan is about these days I'm afraid...

However no matter who it is I will be there come rain or shine... Well unless its Mourinho then I'm offski...

Give us your preferred choice folks.... For me its early yet for Broonie and Mik... So left field it is... But if you made me pick from the names above it would be..... Na I just can't type it... 😱 😱 😱
A definite NO to Moyes or the RHAT. Enzo Moresca or Graham Potter. Definitely someone time served at least.

Read it Imatim. Just can't fathom why people would come up with 💩. Clutching at straws methinks, putting in his favourite for the job. DD will surprise us 😀 we'll get a dig name. Noticed Bilic hasn't been mentioned 🤔

We’ll know soon enough, hopefully…

Back