Who will win the Champions League?

Who will win the Champions League 22/23

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winter

Who does the majority of the noise think will win it outright ?
Teams hit heights in the group stages and dont in the knock out matches.

A few big names are out that might've been coupon busters.
Juventus, Atletico Madrid , Barcelona the biggest, plus the most successful club in the world Rangers.

Group Winners
Napoli : surprisingly only by 3 goals in end
Porto : beat Atletico to pip Brugge
Bayern : 100% V Inter and Barcelona
Spurs : won the closest group
Chelsea: won tricky group 1game to spare
Madrid: must beat us to seal group win City: group won 1 game to spare and 1GA
PSG: 4GF+ over Benfica should win group

Personally I think right now Bayern look the team to stop.
Many times weve seen clubs like Napoli and PSG blow the opposition away in the group stages but not delivered in the ko stages.
Mane would've been my pick for the Balloon Door or Lewandowski but Benzema got it .
Sane is back on form now some additions.

Anyway , we bit of fun , who'll win it outright ?
One choice per person, nae asking the wife 🚫👰❌
Theres a superbru style winning emoji for the probably more than one winner
They come in the cheapo yella bunnet 🦲
Crown if ye want tae lord it 👑
Best wan , a Celtic type green flooer 🍀

Edit : If you pick one of the clubs numbered from 9 to 16 please name your favourite, superbru rules and only 8 options 🤷🏻‍♂️ can put 17. For shakhtar if you want or go to paddy power get about 200/1 mibbess more lol

Last edited:
Have gone for Bayern despite them losing Lewandowski, another example of outfield players these being able to play at the top level for longer than in the past , sports medicine / healthy diet?

They've brought in Mane who's been superb and now Sane has found his feet both are lethal .
Bayern for me mibbess Man City to challenge them.

While I think Bayern are a good shout, and PSG run hot and cold, I'll go for Manchester City to win it
Think what made me not choose them was their last 2 results been 0-0 both away tbf V Dortmund and Copenhagen also different systems and players in those games.
Haaland didnt start in Copenhagen.

That's what we're really contending with here . The squad these sides have.
More than 2 top quality players in all positions.

In the Champions league, reaching 3rd and the EL wouldve been a huge success for Celtic, just as it is for Shakhtar to make the EL.
They're not out if they beat Leipzig though I can't see that now, but i didn't see their other results either.
So they can be option 17.

We are trying to build a 'squad of players' over time capable of making an assault on the last 16 but if we manage that we will lose our best players granted for better money ( better players = better cash).
If we can keep Ange for 5 seasons ( big ask I know) he could deliver possibly 3 more good attempts at Europen competition?
He makes it all work , he finds the right players so losing players , Ange will find more I'm confident of that , all about keeping Ange as happy as he is now

Last edited:
dsdsf.png

Took man city, Haaland the missing part of the puzzle? The players they have middle to front are frightening KDB best midfielder in Europe at the moment.
Be interesting, Don't want PSG Anywhere near it.
No TGS , I dont think you're alone about PSG , people really dont like PSG.
Is it cos they're french ? Haha or trying hardest to buy the cl or both?
They spend more to date I think on individual players like Neymar, Messi , Mbappe.

City spend as much but get more value, more players for their money.
PSG with those 3 certainly have the talent to win it.

KDB been best midfielder for last year and a half imo. Only injury held him back.
City must have 3-4 top players in every department.
4th choice may be a younger talent but amongst the best young talent in the world.

We cant match that because we dont have the funds nor can we offer the standard of competition to be able to entice and pay top quality starting XI ready players who will be sitting out 10-15 SPFL games and come in for 5 and then be back out, limited sub appearances.
We cant keep real quality main men sidelined , for a bit but no more, those players want to play all the time or play elsewhere for more money, not a fault of ours.
City can , probably Chelsea can , doubt PSG with all their money could just replace that trio and continue as normal, despite their other players valuations, outrageous sums, Donaruma and others, i doubt any side could.

Wont be long I suspect until the purse strings are loosened at Newcastle.
Howe hasnt spent hugely yet compared to other EPL top European clubs but has brought decent players in and by all accounts has spent huge numbers at Bournemouth and Newcastle.

Bournemouth have a capacity of 11 000
( size of St Mirren basically)
Howe says "money means nothing it's all about the players being the right ones."
Sounds inspiring until you look at what he has actually spent.

When Bournemouth had their 5 EPL seasons, and all that money that came with it for 5 seasons in EPL plus championship parachute fees, around £500 million total,
in his 2nd stint he spent £250 million at Bournemouth.
Since taking over at Newcastle, November 21 he's spent over £200 million in a year and made practically zilch on sales.
£450 million plus at two different clubs in about 3½ seasons doesnt sound like money means nothing.
He's going to be backed on the biggest scale that would make Pep baulk.

As long as they keep this decent form up we probably will see him getting the green light to try and buy a cl spot , top 4 place.
Champions league football , challenge for the title.

Yet another plaything club now with lots of money but no European pedigree.
That wont stop the mercs though happy to be selected now and then and get paid £375,000 per week for 3 years , who needs playing bonuses?
Might we one day see Mbappe on the Tyne?
Depends how greedy the player is , ambition etc but with players fitter than ever and playing into late 30s nowadays big name signings of a fair age are more common .
Casemiro £70 million 32 yr old to man utd.
Lewandowski £42.5 million at 33 to Barcelona
Its nuts..

Been away for a couple of weeks so apologies for the tangent 😝

Last edited:
Was gonnie go way the heart & say Liverpool, because of ma Da, & Grandpaernts. But they're not playing that great & up against a group winner, mibbies Aye, Mibbies Naw

Real Madrid, simply because, they rode their luck & got in level at halftime then showed their class when Celtic legs tired.

But hope we take it to them later today

It would be nice to see one of the unfancied teams win (except Porto 🤬). I do like Liverpool due to my bhoyhood hero King Kenny joining them but I can't see them being strong enough.

I am going for Man City because of Haaland. They might have dropped off in the last 2 qualifiers but they had eased up by then.

Bayern Munich will push them hard and might even be favourites. Napoli play exciting football but will just come up short in the latter stages. I hope PSG, Real Madrid & Chelsea all fail miserably.

Last edited:
It would be nice to see one of the unfancied teams win (except Porto 🤬). I do like Liverpool due to my bhoyhood hero King Kenny joining them but I can't see them being strong enough.

I am going for Man City because of Haaland. They might have dropped off in the last 2 qualifiers but they had eased up by then.

Bayern Munich will push them hard and might even be favourites. Napoli play exciting football but will just come up short in the latter staged. I hope PSG, Real Madrid & Chelsea all fail miserably.
I'd also love to see all the favourites fail miserably Bayern, City, Napoli, Liverpool, Chelsea , Spurs, Madrid, PSG , Inter, Dortmund and Milan .

Would love to see Benfica win it now or Brugge.
Benfica have built a good side and were ok last season too.
Think they have a better chance than Brugge who've done well but Boyata in the team 🤔
Need to watch him , make sure he's gonny actually play the game if called upon

You always expect Madrid or Bayern to be in that Final as they seem to have the know how. Bayern look the strongest bet but like yourself Winter I'd like to see an outside chance of a Benfica or Napoli getting there and giving it a go on the night.
I'll stick ma heid above the parapet and go for Benfica to win it as an underdog.

10 min Fae their grun way a hangover haha Bhoys on tour love it enjoy 50 and hope you get to see what our play has deserved this champions league, a Celtic victory !
HH YNWA ( be it 10min fae the Berniebaw grun or Paradise) COYBIG 🍀
Hope you and young 50 are enjoying it and avoiding any of the baton wielding spanish boot boys....have ye met up with Docco yet ?

Hope you and young 50 are enjoying it and avoiding any of the baton wielding spanish boot boys....have ye met up with Docco yet ?
I'm no there Mag7 ( I so wish I was) I was just admiring 50s brilliant Scottish patter phrase which is a language on it's own in speech and writing an a hing ah beauty.

" 10 mins fae their grun wi a hangover" 😂
Quality ,not English not Scots, Not Scots Gaelic nor irish Gaeilge but a unique language that's grown up over the years in glesga and much of the central belt and beyond that takes something from all of them. I love it.
So ah dae by the way, she said, so she did 😂

Love it that much ( ah used tae send letturs tae ma pal in the jail writtun jist like so), orite mucker howzitgaun ?
Ah wiz talkin tae yer wee maw just yisterday haha, he loved it and couldnae get enuf eh ma bullshite.

You always expect Madrid or Bayern to be in that Final as they seem to have the know how. Bayern look the strongest bet but like yourself Winter I'd like to see an outside chance of a Benfica or Napoli getting there and giving it a go on the night.
I'll stick ma heid above the parapet and go for Benfica to win it as an underdog.
You do mhate they seem to have the nous required get the victory when it looks unlikely, Madrid last season , that come back against City, who will also be around no doubt in the latter stages.

For the likes of Benfica , finishing level on points with PSG on 11 was some statement and they will fear no-one after that and disposing of Juventus. A last 16 draw against Spurs wouldnt be the worst for them and a tie they could ( on the evidence of their group stage performances) win through on.

Back