Will Local Superiority and Bragging Rights be a Habit too Hard to Break for the Celtic Support?

There is a current (not currant - they died) battle between those who want the closed shop and those who realise the history of certain clubs is important. It will be interesting to see how that concludes, even from a business persepctive longevity needs fresh involvement not he same teams every year. That eats itself. unless they go franchise like america of course. I feel for the children.
I’ll get slaughtered for this but don’t give a feck. I’d love the america concept to be introduced. It’s the only way to keep things fresh every year.
football is heading for the same abyss as the music industry. Money takes over and quality declines. It becomes about quick fixes fir the most cash. In much the same way as you couldn’t tell 1 single in the top forty if it still exists, within 4/5 years of a European super league, people will turn off to it. Then there’s nowhere left to go.
If you were to say to me the American system was to be introduced at start of next season in every league I think it’d be the best fix for the smaller leagues. I’d rather my club had less money in a much more competitive and evenly balanced league than things currently stand. Your league is only as strong as your weakest team. If it meant us and deidco winning the league/cups less then that’s be the price to pay

I’ll get slaughtered for this but don’t give a feck. I’d love the america concept to be introduced. It’s the only way to keep things fresh every year.
football is heading for the same abyss as the music industry. Money takes over and quality declines. It becomes about quick fixes fir the most cash. In much the same way as you couldn’t tell 1 single in the top forty if it still exists, within 4/5 years of a European super league, people will turn off to it. Then there’s nowhere left to go.
If you were to say to me the American system was to be introduced at start of next season in every league I think it’d be the best fix for the smaller leagues. I’d rather my club had less money in a much more competitive and evenly balanced league than things currently stand. Your league is only as strong as your weakest team. If it meant us and deidco winning the league/cups less then that’s be the price to pay
I won't slaughter any healthy debate, that's what it's all about. If that went worldwide I could see merits, and if they stopped some hedge fund buying Celtic (or others) and moving them to Boston, I could see the long game but it's opening pandora's box. The big clubs would benefit in an International league but there would have to be a filter down monetary protection for smaller teams left in regional leagues. Oh and a draft system. I do see merits in that too. I don't want any of it you understand but I do think it could head that way in years to come.

I won't slaughter any healthy debate, that's what it's all about. If that went worldwide I could see merits, and if they stopped some hedge fund buying Celtic (or others) and moving them to Boston, I could see the long game but it's opening pandora's box. The big clubs would benefit in an International league but there would have to be a filter down monetary protection for smaller teams left in regional leagues. Oh and a draft system. I do see merits in that too. I don't want any of it you understand but I do think it could head that way in years to come.
I wasn’t meaning you 🤣
My thoughts sorry we’re not the franchise system but the draft system. While the franchise system seems to work in America, I’d stay as far from that as possible. A draft system making the weakest teams better and the best teams weaker. Even up the playing field across leagues making them much more competitive. And the European competitions carry on as is.

I wasn’t meaning you 🤣
My thoughts sorry we’re not the franchise system but the draft system. While the franchise system seems to work in America, I’d stay as far from that as possible. A draft system making the weakest teams better and the best teams weaker. Even up the playing field across leagues making them much more competitive. And the European competitions carry on as is.
Aberdeen won 10 v Killie who have not beat McInness in 39 attempts, thats poor.
Hibs beat Hamilton 2 0 and missed a pen in the first half that could have put them 2 0 up earlier, Hamilton saw this game out for 79 mins down to ten men in 11th minute and then lost their main target man to a knee injury first half. Thats poor from Hibs as Hamilton played attacking football with ten men.
Motherwell got gubbed again and are slipping into relegation zone, they will be a loss if they do not avoid the drop.
St Mirren drew 1 1 with livi on grass (as was the the livi manager) in a dour game, thats poor and thats Scottish football.
Tommorow Sevco play opposition who have a goal difference of -12 from 29 games played and Celtic play bottom of the division who have a goal difference more than they have points, things need to change rapidly.

Hibs beat Hamilton 2 0 and missed a pen in the first half that could have put them 2 0 up earlier, Hamilton saw this game out for 79 mins down to ten men in 11th minute and then lost their main target man to a knee injury first half. Thats poor from Hibs as Hamilton played attacking football with ten men.
Motherwell got gubbed again and are slipping into relegation zone, they will be a loss if they do not avoid the drop.
St Mirren drew 1 1 with livi on grass (as was the the livi manager) in a dour game, thats poor and thats Scottish football.
Tommorow Sevco play opposition who have a goal difference of -12 from 29 games played and Celtic play bottom of the division who have a goal difference more than they have points, things need to change rapidly.
I agree, outside of top 4 it’s dross and they’re all so skint they need plastic pitches. We need the league to be much more competitive and financed.
Oh did I mention foreign referees 🙄

I wasn’t meaning you 🤣
I think it woud mean all registrations being owned by the leagues and also controlling transfers in and out out of Scotland. In theory that all works if everyone started again and agreed to a greater good. We know where that begins and ends though.

Perhaps Martindale has contacts when it comes to alternative investment sources. Aye I know rehabilitation, doesn't mean he's deleted his contact list :unsure:

Perhaps Martindale has contacts when it comes to alternative investment sources. Aye I know rehabilitation, doesn't mean he's deleted his contact list :unsure:
He doesn’t need to use his phone
His contacts gave him the managers job
It’s an underworld who is who behind the scenes at accies

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back