Will the people ever fight back?

Lubos left peg

Richest companies profits up 73%.
Inflation being pushed up by these profits while the poorest in society are told they can't have wage rises for fear of causing more inflation.
Politicians wages up from £65000 to £85000 a year since 2010.
Biggest squeeze on UK employees wages since the nepoleonic wars.
The biggest tranfer of wealth in modern history.
The working class working for their own poverty.
Children in the UK on one meal a day, if they're lucky.
And its going to get a lot worse.
Christmas will be cancelled for millions of families this year.

I've read some comments on here from our older member who fought the system.
The miners strikes. The poll tax strikes.
Where has that fight gone from this country. Is there anything left or will we just allow the elite to stamp us into the ground until we are nothing but worn down and barely surviving just to keep them in their positions of power?
Where are all the leaders of the 60s, 70s and 80s who can help us stand up and take back power?

I'm looking for some hope on this thread!! 😔😔

Inflation being pushed up by these profits while the poorest in society are told they can't have wage rises for fear of causing more inflation.

Where has that fight gone from this country. Is there anything left or will we just allow the elite to stamp us into the ground until we are nothing but worn down and barely surviving just to keep them in their positions of power?
Where are all the leaders of the 60s, 70s and 80s who can help us stand up and take back power?

Naw, thatcher, destroyed union’s, hope, solidarity, we are now just a nation of individuals, that moan reservedly , but take no action, I’m waiting to see what the French people do next…..

One of the biggest obstacles imho is the fact that compared to the poll tax and miners strikes is that people stand to lose their own houses now since it has or at least for a while had been easy enough to get a mortgage, the threat of losing your families home is the noose around the neck, and subsequently a threatened prolonged strike will scare many, as the government will target those striking with forclouser notices Pdq.

But having said that I do agree something needs done, but the answer isn't easy.

When you have old mining villages in the north of england voting for the tories you know the fight has gone , were in the the tik tok me me me me generation ,everyone for themselves

How could folk protest when their glued to their phone all the time

My Union Unison got a 47 percentage turn out we needed 50.1% for it to be legal
Of the 47% 92.8 per cent voted yes for strike action and 9.2% voted no the other unions in Edinburgh Unite and the GMB all made the 50% threshold and they go on strike from the 18th of August.
I will go to work on the 19th August as I have too try to turn out. But if there’s a picket line I will be returning home I’ve never crossed the Line and I never will.
Mon the Binmen and Street cleaners
Waste them

HH 🚩

As that great financial expert, Frankie Boyle, recently pointed out "Bankers are looting the world. You're not in the middle of a recession; you're in the middle of a robbery.” Sadly, there is a lot of truth in this statement.

I remember reading last summer an article saying that if you thought everyone was struggling to to the Covid/Brexit inspired economic downturn then think again. The total wealth of the billionaires in the UK had actually increased by over £720 billion during the pandemic, and this will have increased further in the subsequent year. Bear in mind these individuals pay very little tax into the system, and certainly not 45% on every £ earned above £150K each year!

This is what is wrong is that the very richest people and corporations do not pay their fair share. But if a few extra million families are plunged into poverty then that is a fair trade-off, isn't it?

Back