Will the people ever fight back?

As that great financial expert, Frankie Boyle, recently pointed out "Bankers are looting the world. You're not in the middle of a recession; you're in the middle of a robbery.” Sadly, there is a lot of truth in this statement.

I remember reading last summer an article saying that if you thought everyone was struggling to to the Covid/Brexit inspired economic downturn then think again. The total wealth of the billionaires in the UK had actually increased by over £720 billion during the pandemic, and this will have increased further in the subsequent year. Bear in mind these individuals pay very little tax into the system, and certainly not 45% on every £ earned above £150K each year!

This is what is wrong is that the very richest people and corporations do not pay their fair share. But if a few extra million families are plunged into poverty then that is a fair trade-off, isn't it?
If companies were paying their taxes and government's stopped giving them reduced rates for employing people then it would be fair.

When you have old mining villages in the north of england voting for the tories you know the fight has gone , were in the the tik tok me me me me generation ,everyone for themselves

How could folk protest when their glued to their phone all the time
That is true at the last GE but I always assumed that it was a vote to ensure Corbyn didn't get their vote, which labour always had.
Given that boris promised the north ( the true north, not Manchester, leeds and liverpool which the arrogant c**ts call the north) all this and all that for Tyne and wearside, and hes gone having delivered nothing.
I'd expect that vote to return to labour , not that they're any better , same side of the same coin.

Aye but with over 60 million in the uk and new Zealand having a population similar to Scotlands 5 million that is a huge difference
I think the point Hoopy was making is that the government's have fecked around with definitions of who qualifies as unemployed these days that the % level is meaningless. Companies have been allowed to implement zero hours contracts so that households have no guarantees of income on any given week and may in fact not do any work at all and yet are classed as being in full employment. Often the worst offenders are the ones who legally funnel out their money to other countries so they never have to pay any corporate taxes in the UK. Of course, these "loopholes" are allowed to remain in place as it is often the party donors and the very rich who benefit most.

I think the point Hoopy was making is that the government's have fecked around with definitions of who qualifies as unemployed these days that the % level is meaningless. Companies have been allowed to implement zero hours contracts so that households have no guarantees of income on any given week and may in fact not do any work at all and yet are classed as being in full employment. Often the worst offenders are the ones who legally funnel out their money to other countries so they never have to pay any corporate taxes in the UK. Of course, these "loopholes" are allowed to remain in place as it is often the party donors and the very rich who benefit most.
Did hoopy tell you to say that? 😄

Whit, the arse end of nowhere, similar to Iceland, edge of a continent, 1000s of miles fae anything interesting, same with Australia, there’s are mair Aussie’s in Edinburgh than Scot’s nowadays 🤔
My father took our family to Australia when I was 15yo because of the OO & Masons. I'm in my 70s and never been asked what religion I am, or what school I went to. Australia has been great to my extended family and we gave Celtic Ange.
Says it all for me & my children.

My Union Unison got a 47 percentage turn out we needed 50.1% for it to be legal
Of the 47% 92.8 per cent voted yes for strike action and 9.2% voted no the other unions in Edinburgh Unite and the GMB all made the 50% threshold and they go on strike from the 18th of August.
I will go to work on the 19th August as I have too try to turn out. But if there’s a picket line I will be returning home I’ve never crossed the Line and I never will.
Mon the Binmen and Street cleaners
Waste them

HH 🚩
Just had an update the strike in Edinburgh is from 5am 18th August till 04:59am 30th August.
And management are implementing plans to mitigate the strike they’ve already changed bins in the wealthiest areas to private uplifts this at the cost to the council
Canny have the better off covered in there own shit.
They’re also gonna use the Agency staff as a battering ram to break the strike.
We’re top heavy with Agency staff.
Can see this being bitter even after the Strike.
But the fight begins.

HH 🚩

My father took our family to Australia when I was 15yo because of the OO & Masons. I'm in my 70s and never been asked what religion I am, or what school I went to. Australia has been great to my extended family and we gave Celtic Ange.
Had the chance to go work Mining in Australia early 1992 but just married they even had a job for the Mrs but she didny want to leave her gran and Grunda
The money would have been ridiculous to turn down my Pal went were the same
age 58 but he’s retired but looks in his 70’s
But with £490000 in the bank and as he put it I’m a tight cunt I’d have double what he had 😂.
Sad I didn’t go, glad I didn’t when I see how he now looks money ain’t everything
But he loves the country mad Aussie Bastard. 😂

HH 🇦🇺

Had the chance to go work Mining in Australia early 1992 but just married they even had a job for the Mrs but she didny want to leave her gran and Grunda
The money would have been ridiculous to turn down my Pal went were the same
age 58 but he’s retired but looks in his 70’s
But with £490000 in the bank and as he put it I’m a tight cunt I’d have double what he had 😂.
Sad I didn’t go, glad I didn’t when I see how he now looks money ain’t everything
But he loves the country mad Aussie Bastard. 😂

HH 🇦🇺
When I was a waen my da had just finished up with the merchant navy.
Having been all round the world with the MN he wanted the family to emigrate to oz but my ma didnt want to leave Scotland.
Wish she had though , must say lol

I’m sure this will go down like a lead balloon but here goes anyway.People won’t stand up for themselves until it’s too late because most of them don’t give a shit and won’t give a shit until they are personally affected and are struggling to pay their own bills, yes the government media and business make dissent protests and strikes difficult they use the time honoured divide and rule tactics which are so effective but the vast majority won’t be motivated until they themselves are under real threat of losing their lifestyles selfishness and cowardice rules the day there is no chance of people standing up to any of what’s happening so hell scud them there is a massive wealth transfer going on and we will be left with rich rich and poor poor and nothing in between, but until then enjoy paying record fuel prices the daily increase in heating your houses and just wait till the 25% increase in farming costs hits the supermarket and interest rates start rising, and what will folk do I’ll tell yous Jack Fucking Shit.

I lived in England for 10 years and nobody ever asked me my religion or what school I went to there, it has the additional bonus of being relatively hun and crocodile free....

Back