Win, Lose, Or (would we take a) Draw

Spherical Planet

I believe that Celtic are one of the worst teams in the world at playing for a draw.

Perhaps it's based on a history of playing to win. Perhaps it's because we are hardwired in refusing to settle for second best.

Either way, I think we are offering them a psychological boost if we go to that dump and don't go for the throat.

It's not as if we have the most robust defence on the world, so it is imperative that we play to our strengths and force them to worry about us.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if we came away with just a point; however - this game could be the benchmark for our season, so it is vital that we turn up early and are on full alert from the first whistle.

For those new signings who have yet to fully convince many of the Celtic supporters, this game is an opportunity to change opinions. This is the type of challenge that they come to our club for, so it's as good a chance as any to prove they deserve to be worthy of the shirt.

There is not one of us who wouldn't relish the prospect of going to their hovel and giving it their all in Hoops. As The Verdict1 wrote yesterday, this is no time to be meek and mild. This is the time for Bhoys to become men and lay down their credentials to become fully-fledged Celts.

Fuck it.........draws are only good for the coupon! Get ripped right into them Celtic. The muppets need a humbling!

I wouldn't be too despondent if we came away with a draw, but you are right - we have never had the manager, players, tactics or mentality to play for a draw (not like Walter Smith's teams). But we really need to put them in their place by going for them from the first whistle and play to our strengths to get the win we should be able to achieve with our superior players. Pity Ajer or Jozo wasn't available but rather have Biton starting than to yet again go there with pre-injured players who break down early on wasting a substitute and distrupting our tactics.

We'll need nerves of steel as they will throw everything at us and no doubt get too much leeway from the ref. Every player will need to stay 100% focused at all times - no brainfarts to gift them opportunities. We may even have to play with only 10 men so nothing silly to give Madhun a chance send us off. Keep it tight at the back too.

If we fight to our full capabilities then we will definitelt win. Today is a day for some players to become heroes. Today is the day to become a hunskelper! Mon the hoops!

Back