WORLD CUP 2022

John nó

With the nonsense of having to endure a world cup mid season, next term, still have no idea if or could have an impact upon the coming season still.
Currently we have 4 players who we would expect to be at this world Cup. This still could have the potential to rise to 7 if CCV and Jota sign, and couldn't rule out O'Reilly with Denmark with his speed of progress either imo.
So now with our potential Scottish contingent that could rise to 11 currently and this without any potential new signings.
With this is mind and facing the slagging from my fellow Tim's, I'm putting club before country and hoping Scotland don't make the world Cup finals.
Views please and don't go to hard upon me 😂

With the nonsense of having to endure a world cup mid season, next term, still have no idea if or could have an impact upon the coming season still.
Currently we have 4 players who we would expect to be at this world Cup. This still could have the potential to rise to 7 if CCV and Jota sign, and couldn't rule out O'Reilly with Denmark with his speed of progress either imo.
So now with our potential Scottish contingent that could rise to 11 currently and this without any potential new signings.
With this is mind and facing the slagging from my fellow Tim's, I'm putting club before country and hoping Scotland don't make the world Cup finals.
I love a man who puts his head above the parapet! 😺
Firstly, it's madness to have a World Cup mid-season (although no doubt its always mid-season for someone)
Secondly, I'd love to see Scotland qualify and do well, it might actually unite the country for a day or two for a change.
Thirdly, Celtic having a good season is more important to me than Scotland having a run in the WC.

Sorry shouldn't have said WC, mental images of thirsty huns abound now! 😹

:LOL: :LOL: Scotland qualifying :LOL::LOL::oops: feck all to worry about there

Aye this has torn me, but on the whole, I’d hope we don’t qualify, Celtic winning the league is way more important the anything Scotland do, if we did get there we’d be home before the postcards as usual, 40+ degrees heat Scottish people aren’t built for that, and a pint will be £10 at least 🤷‍♂️ the lack of respect the SFA show us why should I care?….cmon the Ukraine 🇺🇦

Aye this has torn me, but on the whole, I’d hope we don’t qualify, Celtic winning the league is way more important the anything Scotland do, if we did get there we’d be home before the postcards as usual, 40+ degrees heat Scottish people aren’t built for that, and a pint will be £10 at least 🤷‍♂️ the lack of respect the SFA show us why should I care?….cmon the Ukraine 🇺🇦
see patersons been picked again yet only played 45minutes for his new club and got hooked ,,,feck if he was on a stretcher he would still get picked

Scotland play Ukraine next week in a World Cup qualifier. Virtually the whole of Europe will be supporting the country that has suffered so much torment at the hands of an immoral leader. On the other hand, I'm sure there will be a few who'd prefer Ukraine win!

I’m totally indifferent to internationals but if they do make it I’ve no doubt to qualify for the second round going into the last game they will be waiting on 16 results going their way with their nearest rival for a place in the next round needing to get beat by a six goal margin and Peru to beat France by four goals with two ball boys being sent off, however
their nearest rivals only lose by five France pumps Peru and none of the ball boys get sent off and the campaign ends in another glorious failure but the Tartan army get a gold star for being the cheeriest losers in the competition

Was brought up too support, Celtic & Scotland, used tae ask ma Da why some of our fellow Scots booed when Celtic players had the ball, bigots son was his reply, so when the boo boys had finished I shouted booing Scotland players is what the English fans do, so if you want too boo the dark blue may I SUGGEST YOU FUCK OFF & SUPPORT ENGLAND, got a smack on the back of the head for swearing, continued too do it every the time the boos finished, of course I got abuse fae the morons. They thought it was ma Da shouting, so when I got told tae shut the fuck up, my reply was, telt yee fuck off & support England, the look on the pricks face when he came down tae have a wee word wae ma Da & realised it was a 9yr old that was shouting it, muttered something about fuckin Fenians, My reply not Irish mate Scottish Pagan. Poor guy moved away & booed somewhere else, guys were laughing at him for get the pissed ripped oot him by a wean.

By the time I had left school, I was a fully fledged Wembley & Home International veteran was over a few times in Belfast watching Scotland play the plastic Paddies, had been down & watched us in Wales as well.

When I started work at 16 & my Da was on home leave from the RN we would fllow Celtic & Scotland in Europe, ma Da & me in the Auld camper van Turin 81 & Amsterdam 82 I have fond memories of going with ma Da following Celtic, Scotland WC82 qualifying, Stockholm 80 & Belfast 81 have fond memories, especially Belfast the full-time trouble(RUC set about the Tartan Army & got a kicking 😂😂) Espana 82. Sadly ma Da passed in the same month & year as Jock Stein.

That why I love both Celtic & Scotland, so as international week start I hope, we beat Ukraine on Wedensday probably take extratime & penalties, then off tae Cardiff for the Wales match, probably extratime & pens

My wee adopted Gsons/nephew's 1st Scotland game & ma baby sisters 1st in 10 yrs, plus my other wee Bro & Sis, ma 2 Bhoys, ma Ghirl & 4 Gweans all heading tae Glasgow & Hampdumo

Just before kick off I'll raise my wee plastic cup full of Whisky, tae Jock, tae Tony(Da) & tae Patsy(twin sis) GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN 🥃 Slàinte

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿MON THE SCOTLAND🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:
Celtic went on an 11 game trip in 1966 to the USA, Canada and Bermuda, it proved to be a great team building exercise and set the ground work for the 1967 season winning everything we entered

could the Australia trip be similarly important as a team building exercise? If we can keep all our players together it can only be beneficial to the club 👍

Your names not souness by any chance lol seriously atleast you have football reasons for no wanting us there john unlike some fuckin idiots who think if ukraine win russia wont start firing nukes🤦‍♂️ imagine we get beat off them then wales beat them will souness et al all want want wales papped out?? No chance for once i agree way charlie nick souness is playing up to the press cause hes a wank nothing to do with world affairs HH

Your names not souness by any chance lol seriously atleast you have football reasons for no wanting us there john unlike some fuckin idiots who think if ukraine win russia wont start firing nukes🤦‍♂️ imagine we get beat off them then wales beat them will souness et al all want want wales papped out?? No chance for once i agree way charlie nick souness is playing up to the press cause hes a wank nothing to do with world affairs HH
Got no idea what souness gripe is all about and not interested either. Was never in favour of where and when this world Cup was to be held whatsoever.
Now I understand FIFA wanting to take a world Cup to countries to help promote the game on a bigger scale but Qatar doesn't fit or suit that bill imo.
Even more so now that I think they are behind the vast sums of money being pumped into PSG, and already having what potentially is going to happen now with Newcastle, with the Saudis.
Just think bringing football to the middle East on this scale could well be a decision that football could regret, delighted Ireland won't be any part of this shit show, not that we are still nowhere good enough to be worthy of a world Cup finals place.

Last edited:
Back