Worst Of Hacks? Who Gives Us The Worst Time?

Kris Boyd , Andy walker , Keith Jackson , Stephen craigan , Charlie Nicholas and Chris Sutton can be bit of a 2 faced hack at times . There’s more but those can talk the biggest pile of shit at times but let them get on with it and keep going the tic and prove those guys all wrong hail hail

Absolutely right. When he was asked to pick a big story from his career for a book about Scottish football journalism he didn't select a tale about a big scoop he had made, or an issue he had pushed or a scandal he had broken open; he picked an anti-Celtic story about how he was forcibly chucked out of the Celtic Club during the Dalglish "press tour of the Gallowgate" thing.

He omits to mention that he had spent months writing anti-Celtic shite and was one of the reasons Kenny took that action in the first place, after getting sick of his words being twisted. This was in the days before the Bampots and if you read it in the media that was the only version you got; Kenny thought the fans themselves deserved to see what really went on.

Of course, that too was spun by the hacks. Keevins was, and still is, one of the worst for it.
His talksport interview wae Andy grey on bye bye CVA day was brilliant, it was a bad day the wurrld over for all rangers fans that day, haha, Andy is nearly greetin, tremendous laughs that day, he basically told it straight, Rfc2012Plc club and company was deid.. Ahhh good times,

Anyone got thoughts on who they feel gives us the best reportage? Or least bad? Original question: Keevins for me. Time served a factor here. Decades now. For the best/least bad award? Michael Stewart I think, John Hartson getting better too.

BHH

I have sat down with Keevins and talked to him at length for a podcast previously, while I do not agree with a lot of what he says, it was pretty eye opening what he has experienced over the years in journalism - his stories about Jock Stein are great to listen to. And while many others in the media stated differently, Keevins did come out and state categorically that Rangers cheated over their EBT years. Not many have said this - to be fair he is at the end of his career so he won't lose out on access at Ibrox for saying so.

Gordon Parks is a stooge of Traynor there is no bones about it. He was the tea boy to Traynor when he started at the Record, likewise Chris Jack - who hangs on the coat tails of Traynor to fill his Rangers blog.

Parks even got shown up by Hamilton Accies women during a training session after his sexist rant about the women's game - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hamilton-accies-womens-team-back-1738482 - got totally cleaned out by one of them also.

Then there is DJ - paid employee of Rangers - who never says anything bad about the club for fear of losing his wee tidy wage. A pundit on Clyde One regularly giving his pro-partisan 'opinion' on Rangers.

Only ones really that do not toe the party line is Chris Sutton and Michael Stewart.

A wee bit off topic here, but I do think that BT Sports has opened up the field a wee bit. When they started covering the game in Scotland they had no preconceptions of what was okay to have or not and let their pundits call it as they saw it.

For me it has to be Charlie Nicholas, he is a man who has no credence with the Hoops fans, gets paid by the MSM to vent at Celtic's expense, an Arsenal man

Last edited:
Andy Walker, Davy Provan and Murdo McLeod are ex players who now seem to actually Hate Celtic. Paddy Bonner, Charlie Nick, John Hartson and Mark Wilson bend over to be "balanced" but bend over to0 far and never criticise the Huns.

Chris Sutton tries to be outspoken.

The worst journalists are by definition the least able and skilled, reliant instead upon shock tactics and loud mouths.
They live on and rely upon attention, difficult to ignore but perhaps the worst thing you can do is make them relevant by responding to their salaried extremes.

Troll advice probably works best for them too, and are the sooner out of a salaried job they are not able for.
Think the mainstream media purposely employ these gobshytes in sports tv, on the assumption this is what the people want! RTE in Ireland for example must do.
Dunphy and Hook, you'll find more consistency in the shape of clouds.

Last edited:
Hey lads

First actual post on the forum - I am busy enough doing the articles haha - so first off, hello to all of you and I look forward to getting to know some of you in the next few weeks and months as the site grows. I'll be about from time to time, so if you post something for me the chances are I'll get to it eventually! Those who want a proper gab can email me through the site and I'll reply as soon as I can.

The question for today is this; of all the hacks, who is your least favourite and why? Who can you simply not stand? Who's biases are the worst? Who talks the biggest load of nonsense?

Be interesting to see what we get here. If there are enough responses I may do a piece on the subject.

Thanks folks

JF
To Turnthis On it’s Head,James,I Prefer To Ask Why So Few Ex-Celts AreEmployed within the SMSM Today .Bertie Auld,for Example,is a Shrewd Analyst Of The Beautiful Game,Jim Craig is Both Thoughtful and Articulate,and Tom Boyd has Earned His Spurs On Celtic TV .That’s 3 Names,Off the Top Of My Head,Who would Enhance the Viewing Experience At the Allegedly-Unbiased BBC....What Are YOUR Thoughts On My Choices,James ? ??

In response to "who talks the biggest load of nonsense we have a winner - well, winners!
Take a bow Dumb and Dumber AKA Gordon Dalziel and Mark Wilson.

I'm not sure if they are trying to become Scotland's answer to Morecambe and Wise but tonight they plumbed new depths of utter thickness.
Apparently, Dalziel had earlier said Kenny Dalglish was the most expensive Scottish player ever. Then, during a quiz to name a Scottish player who had scored in a CL group game Wilson offered Jan Venegoor of Hesselink. He then claimed not to have understood the question. He wasn't kidding, for 20 mins later he went for Scott MaDonald!
Thank God I wasn't driving at the time!

Then, during a quiz to name a Scottish player who had scored in a CL group game Wilson offered Jan Venegoor of Hesselink. He then claimed not to have understood the question. He wasn't kidding, for 20 mins later he went for Scott MaDonald!
Thank God I wasn't driving at the time!

:) Reminded me of this
quiz starts around 2.30.
Gordon Dalziel and Mark Wilson best answers @ 4 mins

Back