Young Luca at LB?

There's a player in Boli somewhere.......some of his movement off the ball suggests that he knows the game and now he just has to put it all together.

It does take time to adapt to different footballing environments and I remind you of Our Captain who spent most of his first season running about like a headless chicken!

It wasn't until Hartley and Robson were paired in the middle that we did anything of note in that season and there was a general consensus that Broony just wasn't "Celtic class".

When big Kris was moved into the backline, his positional sense was awful and his tendency to play hospital passes led to many hairy, scary moments.

Stan Petrov looked everything but a footballer when he first rocked up!!! Granted, he was young and didn't have the language, but he was a complete fish out of water and I doubt many of us would have shed a tear if he was jettisoned after his first year.

It may well be the case that Boli doesn't have the tools, but it would take some judge of a player to decide that after 5 games. As it stands, we're limited in options for that particular position, so can we just give him the benefit of the doubt until Lenny decides otherwise.

There's a player in Boli somewhere.......some of his movement off the ball suggests that he knows the game and now he just has to put it all together.

It does take time to adapt to different footballing environments and I remind you of Our Captain who spent most of his first season running about like a headless chicken!

It wasn't until Hartley and Robson were paired in the middle that we did anything of note in that season and there was a general consensus that Broony just wasn't "Celtic class".

When big Kris was moved into the backline, his positional sense was awful and his tendency to play hospital passes led to many hairy, scary moments.

Stan Petrov looked everything but a footballer when he first rocked up!!! Granted, he was young and didn't have the language, but he was a complete fish out of water and I doubt many of us would have shed a tear if he was jettisoned after his first year.

It may well be the case that Boli doesn't have the tools, but it would take some judge of a player to decide that after 5 games. As it stands, we're limited in options for that particular position, so can we just give him the benefit of the doubt until Lenny decides otherwise.

I would agree that he may become a player. My point is that we don’t have the time to wait. We need to qualify for the CL and going in with a boy who looks miles off it is an unacceptable risk. Well it is to me. It’s bit about the player he might become, it’s about where he is right now if we have to play him because we have done absolutely fuck all to bring in another LB.

We just don’t have the time. The CL comes at the same time every year and here we are again thecsecobd keg of the 3rd round without the players we all know we need.

There is no excuse for that with £50m gathering dust. None

I would agree that he may become a player. My point is that we don’t have the time to wait. We need to qualify for the CL and going in with a boy who looks miles off it is an unacceptable risk. Well it is to me. It’s bit about the player he might become, it’s about where he is right now if we have to play him because we have done absolutely fuck all to bring in another LB.

We just don’t have the time. The CL comes at the same time every year and here we are again thecsecobd keg of the 3rd round without the players we all know we need.

There is no excuse for that with £50m gathering dust. None
The thing is, there are those one or two moments when it "clicks" and everything changes.

We saw that recently with Moussa against the huns. I don't think we were filled with too much expectation when Griff was pulled through injury, but one hat-trick later and a new star is born.

I don't expect that to be the case with Bolingoli, but Wednesday might have been the wake-up call he needed and hopefully he starts putting that to rights today.

I absolutely agree that we have to be spending at least £20 million now..........there's not a great deal of excuses left for not getting signings over the line.

Voli is actually worse than a man down. I would give young Luca a run out on Saturday. He played LB can pass a baw and gets tore in.

Considering my cat could do better than Boli, I would give him a chance. If not him then Hayes is a cert.
Bit harsh?

He was a little bit better today but not by much and it was Motherwell... I'd love to see his stats for today, particularly completed passes.

Quite a few players made unforced errors in simple passes, while others were caught in possession which is even worse. Now if we can do something more with our corners, throw ins etc we can make real improvements. A top quality left sided attacker would give us more threat and balance

Members online

Latest posts

Back