Your first ever Celtic match

Celtic vs Rapid Vienna at Parkhead 3-0 can’t remember the year was lifted over the turnstile in the old jungle cheating bastards done us right up

Partick thistle league cup final 4.1 to the thistle! I was 5 older brother tam took me didny take me back for about 2 year lol

My first game was at home when I was 3 versus Hearts. I think we got beat. We weren't any good that time. It was 65 cup final before we won anything

I remember the 65 cup final but I have a memory although not very clear of sitting in the front stand at a game before that, we won 5-0 I think and I have a feeling it was against queen of the south.
I can also remember being at fir park with my brother in 66 when we won the league with a 1-0 victory, wee buzzbomb scored the goal, I remember standing outside before the game and I asked this man if he would lift me over he looked at me and said " here son you take the money and lift me over " I was always a big bhoy.

Big Eck

I remember the lifting over and wonder what the actual attendances would have been were the Kids included in the total.

Also would we have as many attenders at matches today if we didn't have basically free entry for children. I must have been lifted over about 150 times and when it came time for me to pay I was already hooked

Big Eck

I remember the lifting over and wonder what the actual attendances would have been were the Kids included in the total.

Also would we have as many attenders at matches today if we didn't have basically free entry for children. I must have been lifted over about 150 times and when it came time for me to pay I was already hooked
Big Eck

I stopped asking about age 13/14 as I was to big and started to jump over the turnstiles, used to go to Celtic park late 70s and the 80s and they would say the attendance was 28,000 when it looked more like 42,000 don't know whether that was because of the young team or the White's and Kelly's pocketing a few quid.

Big Eck

I did do the jumping over us well after I was about 14. I must have skipped in to most of the grounds in Scotland. Some were easier than others. Ibrox was hard. Hampden at Sommerville drive Celtic end were the easiest

Celtic Manu 1966..... right down the front, behind the goals in the old Rankers end. Aged 6 I probably just cheered when everyone else did, as I didn't have a clue let alone a good view. Almost always went to aforementioned end for next 15yrs or so and met up with pals...... without the use of a mobile.....!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back