Your Seville stories please...

My wife was not particularly football minded but she understood my love for Celtic and it was her who actually surprised me and booked me a flight to Malaga with the package of transfer by bus to Seville....she also booked a flight for my best mate.
We both worked together and could only get 2 days off so it was the Wednesday and Thursday and back to work on the Friday.
It was like many will testify the best experience of going to see Celtic with a feeling of unbrideld joy and pride at the spectacle and noise of a sea of Green & White whatever corner you turned in a beautiful city in the baking sun.
The buses that would take us from Malaga to Seville were easily found at the airport as they were allocated by the reps ..."Your on whisky your on Vodka " all buses aptly named ...I was on Bicardi.
We stopped off for a refreshment break on the way in what looked like services but ended up at a big supermarket all shelves full of drink that was getting emptied by the minute.
At one point you could see all the staff freeze in amazement at the chorus of hundreds of unisoned song that was belted out like only Celtic supporters can do. HAIL HAIL The Celts are here sent shivers up your spine.
It was quite an experience....this is gonna be the trip of a lifetime I thought to myself and I wasn't disappointed.
We arrived in Seville at 11am on the day of the game I met so many people I hadn't seen for years from my childhood to adult years from many different parts of the country it was truly incredible.
The singing the laughs the friendship and how the locals embraced us fulfilled everything it is to represent Celtic.
Of course the icing on the cake would have been a win and losing was painful.
But as time goes by I tell the stories with great fondness and pride of a celebration of colour camaraderie and all things Celtic that earned us as supporters the accolades from the football World.
I know this is long winded but this is only a snippet of my experience...there is so much more but that will do for now.

One quick snippet of my trip.
I got on the last bus from the bus park to Matalahanes? it was about an hour or so outside of Seville, I was on the front seat next to the driver and noticed he had driven right by the turning for my hotel, I pleaded with him to turn round and after offering him 20 euros he agreed the wee convener made an announcement and nobody bothered, so about turn down the road which was a mile or so long, but it was about 3am and I'd never have found it in the dark, we pulled up at the front door and I thanked the driver as I got off, and I kid you not about 20 or so others got off with me as it was also their hotel, fortunately the bar was open for us and just about everyone who was on that bus bought me a beer as thks. 🍻🍺🚍🍻🍺

Don't remember much o it...was guttered Fae glesga airport...can remember the fanzine n walkin over a bridge efter it...woke up in a shop door nxt mornin wae the owner steppin over me to open his shoap... there Wiz body's in Celtic taps everywhere lol..that's aboot the jist o it

I'm 57 now and wouldn't do it again but at the time I loved every part of it and although the result was rubbish I only have found memories of the whole euro run.

I think the game that dropped us into the Europa, sutton came within a whisker of scoring in the last game of the preliminary CL game. Cannot remember who it was against.

My journey to Seville (on my own). I have no memories how I got to london, where my brother lived. Got a flight from london to charles de gaul in Paris. Got lost in CDG going for the connecting Madrid flight. Ended up following all the folk with tic tops and eventually got my flight to Madrid.

Stayed overnight in a hostel with two mates who put me up. Got the 10am ave train to seville, you get a full refund if the train is late, it wasn't.

Met my mates in seville, I actually enjoyed the game on the big screens. Slept in someone's house in Seville on the floor.

Next day drive to madrid and flight to London to watch the league decided that weekend with my brother in tooting!!

One of the best times of my life even after the result. Not sure I'd do it now!!! But might!

I'm 57 now and wouldn't do it again but at the time I loved every part of it and although the result was rubbish I only have found memories of the whole euro run.

I think the game that dropped us into the Europa, sutton came within a whisker of scoring in the last game of the preliminary CL game. Cannot remember who it was against.

My journey to Seville (on my own). I have no memories how I got to london, where my brother lived. Got a flight from london to charles de gaul in Paris. Got lost in CDG going for the connecting Madrid flight. Ended up following all the folk with tic tops and eventually got my flight to Madrid.

Stayed overnight in a hostel with two mates who put me up. Got the 10am ave train to seville, you get a full refund if the train is late, it wasn't.

Met my mates in seville, I actually enjoyed the game on the big screens. Slept in someone's house in Seville on the floor.

Next day drive to madrid and flight to London to watch the league decided that weekend with my brother in tooting!!

One of the best times of my life even after the result. Not sure I'd do it now!!! But might!
Basil mate

Me and 3 mates had season tickets together...for years!!
When our names were put in the ballot for a ticket, those 3 got one and I missed out...gutted was an understatement...in fact the next week was horrendous...I tried and tried every possible source, scheme,trick... anything I knew to get a ticket, all to no avail...

Then one day, something happened.. something bittersweet to say the least...One of my dad's best friends, only days before the final, dropped dead...this guy was a supporter who never once missed a game in nearly 50 years..a pure Tim so to speak...well we were all devastated by the passing of this great man.....he had a ticket for Seville...he had an extended family who would all have taken his ticket but his wife and all of them agreed that it should go to me, someone who had been at every game except the away semi final.....I was delighted to be going but as I took my seat in the stadium, I said a wee prayer for that fine Celtic man

My mate who I went with was 42 at the time I was just turning 40.
He was a Coatbridge bhoy and an absolute character.and gem of a man....what a time we had ....little did any of us know that he would have a massive heart attack 5 years later that took his life in work on an early shift.
Yes Seville brings back so many memories of great friends.

It was a great trip with lots of memories.
Water must have been an issue then because one of the best laughs was us having filled a 2 litre water with vodka and lemonade being asked by a dad in the seats behind us to share our water with his kid. He was really pissed off until we explained the detail.
Also that we met half of Glasgow at our HQ, a small tapas bar, just 5 minutes from the cathedral, it was brilliant stuff.
Took my oldest out of school to go as well. Wife not impressed.
Great times
HH

You get a full refund if the train is late it wasn't. Love them wee title bits it's all part of it humf

So on our way up to the game ...we were of need of food and refulling...we met this english madman who assured us he knew a great place ...sure enough we were fed watered and fuelled for a fair price.
Our next port of call was a pre drink 2 hours before the game.
We found a completely empty bar in the town down a side street....Two older guys in there asked us to give them our Celtic jerseys for free drink....I've still got the photis.....Two Spanish Guys wearing the hoops now on the night of the game to get some business....loved it.
We moved on to the match ...it was amazing and feck trying g to get back to the airport was another story but we managed it somehow.
Happy days 😄💚🤍💛🇮🇪👍

Living in tenerife,we are entitled to a 75% government subsidised discount on all travel to the mainland. So the flight prices for us to seville were only 5 euros since the original price was only 20 .A few family and friends ca.e here for a bit of a shindig afore heading to seville the day afore the game. 14 of us eventually heading ower to meet about another dozen mates fae glesga. Absolutely the greatest buzz I've ever had with or withoot ma clathes on. Brilliant party atmosphere fae start to finish 3 days later.No tickets, no accommodation, not a fk given .slept on the riverbank the first night.Slept on tap of a mates Ford galaxy hired from malagaon a lilo the second night and never bothered sleeping the last night at aw. Came hame wi no voice after 3 days solid drinking and singing and would do every last minute tomorrow if I could. Fkn best 3 days I've ever spent.Been to seville about 4 times since and the locals still talk about the vast green army that overtook their city and spread happiness while doing it .they love us to bits. I speak a decent amount of Spanish and to a man everyone I speak to there remembers us with great fondness hopefully as a team we'll be back one day and win this time. HH

Eh seville eh aye i was otherwise engaged at the time unfortunatly courtesy of that old bastard lizzie saxe-coburg🤬 otherwise i wid have mad stories of being there aswell unfortunatly i was just mad at missing it all but was proud as fuck with the teams and of course the fans perfromance proud as fuck i was 💚

Missed it ,,,,,Had 2 tick bites just after the Anfield game which led to long term illness /collapse/hospital , spent the next 5 yrs in and out hospital ,,,,,,the game i watched alone as everyone had fkd off to Seville ,,,,,,Heard it was great though

Back