‘Reeking’ Forgotten photos from The Jungle and around Celtic Park

Well I'm glad someone was brave enough to pick them up 😱🥵🤮
If it was my 3 £1 notes, and its a small world Bridie so I wouldn't be surprised.
Top marks for sticking yer hauns in there , tbh I was considering it but my brothers were like " STOP! that's no water that's pish " - roughly 10 Yr old me " whit? Is there a leak?"
- Reply , " aye and about 7,000 others"
Hope ye washed handies
😆😆😆
There were never any sinks in them days. If you dribbled on your fingers then you had to wipe them dry on your pals jaiket!

Most sports grounds were pretty grim and medieval then. Often the urinal was a brick wall with a blocked up channel at the bottom.

As a teenager our school side managed to get tickets for the schoolboy's enclosure at Murrayfield. It was basically 3 rows of tiered wooden benches all the waay around the pitch. It was great cos you got to run on the pitch at the end to manhandle the players. Unfortunately all the pissed up rugger buggers thought it was a great hoot to pish through the chicken wire fences onto the schoolkids backs! Nowadays they'd be locked up as nonces for exposing themselves to kids, but it was just banter back in the 80s! 🤣👍

There were never any sinks in them days. If you dribbled on your fingers then you had to wipe them dry on your pals jaiket!

Most sports grounds were pretty grim and medieval then. Often the urinal was a brick wall with a blocked up channel at the bottom.

As a teenager our school side managed to get tickets for the schoolboy's enclosure at Murrayfield. It was basically 3 rows of tiered wooden benches all the waay around the pitch. It was great cos you got to run on the pitch at the end to manhandle the players. Unfortunately all the pissed up rugger buggers thought it was a great hoot to pish through the chicken wire fences onto the schoolkids backs! Nowadays they'd be locked up as nonces for exposing themselves to kids, but it was just banter back in the 80s! 🤣👍
Fk I can just imagine if my da had caught some of that banter happening to me, one of the aulder generation , Rugby players or not , "still hit the deck at the end of this hammer: 😐
Used to find that hilarious then you realise he means that fs 🙈

Ahhh, The reek o pish, the split heads and beer cans full o pish that got launched at random, bottles tae. I wonder why women never went to the game back then?
The wee boys that went round the track selling Wrigleys, Maccaroon bars and corned beef rolls took some abuse. “Hey, wee man, was yer maw picking her f…. When she made they rolls? ” is something I really heard a Celtic supporter ask a wee guy at Tannadice in the early 80s. Nostalgia.
I went to a mid week Celtic game at Tannadice on mushrooms as well. Totally mental experience, an assault on my senses, light, colour, noise and a hectic atmosphere. If I mind right the Celts won 3-1. Loved it.
As a shroom lover, and proud to say " experienced sampler" what a charge that must've been.
So fair play to you richybhoy, even experienced shroomers I know wouldn't have the bottle to roll up to CP tripping.
Totally get you on the " assault on the senses. The colours,noise, that atmosphere.
See I'm one of few I know who can go anywhere and interact as is if nothing is different, my mates are more of the "let's stay in " type who'd not even go to a pub,but I love it .
For those who have never gone there, imo mushrooms - psilocybin should not be considered a class A drug like heroin, cocaine and/or others because they are not addictive, even the biggest lover of them is the same, for a start if a person did in this example take let's say 60 the next day would require around double that amount for same results but you don't crave for them, people aren't in withdrawals because you don't get any, this drug has been around for hundreds of thousands of years , longer even.
It's known to science that neanderthal man took them as did their ancestors.

There was a report on ( whatever species) of humanoid that came before neanderthals, one was found in peat either early this century or late in the last.
A " cave man I'll call him was found ( dead yes ) after something like 2-3 THOUSAND years after having been submerged in peat the instant reactions were of how well preserved his body was, still with skin on the body but further studies showed so were his tools and medicine bag which contained magic mushrooms.
Astonished by the body's, tools, medicine bag amongst other things were so well preserved they took the mushrooms " liberty caps" and tested them to see what if any psilocybin ( the active ingredient which once shrooms are taken the body converts to Psilocin , which is the chemical with the psychoactive properties).
Anyway this guy had a leather pouch around his neck containing around 200 liberty caps.
Some may remember this story but when they got them back to the lab they found that despite lying under 8-10 ft of peat for around the best part of 2 millenia the shrooms had lost between 12%-15% of their potency which is incredible.
Had I little respect for the dead end taken his shrooms for a charge ( which I wouldn't, pick my own thank you) but had i done so I'd have been just as tripping with his as I would be with my own.
Some people don't react well to them , like someone with mental health issues I wouldn't recommend it as it takes experience and the right people around you to get the correct vibe , a vibe that nothing has ever made me laugh so much, ww call it a 'guide' an experienced shroomer who will look after you should you start being unable to seperate reality from imagination.
Magic mushrooms is the best I've ever taken, massive emphasis on the "ive" part as I'd never encourage anyone to take anything except perhaps a wee deoch and doris.

Back