“Surface looks abysmal,” Brendan Rodgers and Celtic’s £2m Hybrid Pitch Shambles

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member

“Surface looks abysmal,” Brendan Rodgers and Celtic’s £2m Hybrid Pitch Shambles...​

Lawwell would have told brendan he was getting a brand new hybrid pitch. But when brendan wasn't looking lawwell told the guys doing the job just to put the shit grass back.

Look having a go at Rodgers for his midnight flit is well deserved but blaming him for the state of our pitch is just pathetic and certainly no worthy of an article on The Celtic Star ffs!
I'm not reading the article as blaming Rodgers for it, it is more pointing out that we should have a superior placing surface when in fact it looks bloody awful. And we should be asking questions of the suppliers (though Lubo is probably right the PL got them to put the old one bad down again 😅).

Look having a go at Rodgers for his midnight flit is well deserved but blaming him for the state of our pitch is just pathetic and certainly no worthy of an article on The Celtic Star ffs!

The club spent over £2m on that pitch, we were promised a surface the players would enjoy playing on and one that the fans would appreciate due to the faster surface etc. First it was diseased now its like Hampden. Have a read at Sandman's comments on the pitch - which were entirely independent of what Highland Paddy ( a contributor to The Celtic Star) wrote about on social media. Well worthy of an article on TCS IMO.

The club spent over £2m on that pitch, we were promised a surface the players would enjoy playing on and one that the fans would appreciate due to the faster surface etc. First it was diseased now its like Hampden. Have a read at Sandman's comments on the pitch - which were entirely independent of what Highland Paddy ( a contributor to The Celtic Star) wrote about on social media. Well worthy of an article on TCS IMO.
Ah commented,amongst others, before kick off,that the pitch looked crap!, well done fpor highlighting it , mon Capitan! 🍺 🥳

I'm not reading the article as blaming Rodgers for it, it is more pointing out that we should have a superior placing surface when in fact it looks bloody awful. And we should be asking questions of the suppliers (though Lubo is probably right the PL got them to put the old one bad down again 😅).

That's exactly how it's reading to me BB......'Rodgers demanded' 'Rodgers promised' 'Rodgers' pitch'. Why mention the guy's name repeatedly, why portray the situation of him asking for a new playing surface as 'demanding' it and why call it 'his pitch' over and over if the author isn't trying to somehow lay the responsibility for our pitch being a mess at his feet?

It does look awful, it is a mess and we should be asking questions of the suppliers but it's hardly Rodgers fault that it's been infected with some disease ffs!

Sure the state of the pitch may very well be worthy of an article on The Celtic Star but c'mon the tone of this one is pathetic.

'Rodgers demanded' 'his pitch' 'Where are the rewards Rodgers promised'......I mean ffs Rodgers asked for a new surface but the Celtic board didn't have to buy it if they didn't think it was worth it, it's only being described as 'his pitch' and not 'our pitch' because it's fucked and some people always need a scapegoat to blame and it's hardly the fault of Brendan Rodgers' that it's got a disease and we're no reaping 'the rewards Rodgers promised' is it?

Like I said people have every right to have a go at the guy for his midnight flit but trying to apportion the blame to him for this just looks petty and a bit pathetic.

That's exactly how it's reading to me BB......'Rodgers demanded' 'Rodgers promised' 'Rodgers' pitch'. Why mention the guy's name repeatedly, why portray the situation of him asking for a new playing surface as 'demanding' it and why call it 'his pitch' over and over if the author isn't trying to somehow lay the responsibility for our pitch being a mess at his feet?

It does look awful, it is a mess and we should be asking questions of the suppliers but it's hardly Rodgers fault that it's been infected with some disease ffs!

Sure the state of the pitch may very well be worthy of an article on The Celtic Star but c'mon the tone of this one is pathetic.

'Rodgers demanded' 'his pitch' 'Where are the rewards Rodgers promised'......I mean ffs Rodgers asked for a new surface but the Celtic board didn't have to buy it if they didn't think it was worth it, it's only being described as 'his pitch' and not 'our pitch' because it's fucked and some people always need a scapegoat to blame and it's hardly the fault of Brendan Rodgers' that it's got a disease and we're no reaping 'the rewards Rodgers promised' is it?

Like I said people have every right to have a go at the guy for his midnight flit but trying to apportion the blame to him for this just looks petty and a bit pathetic.
So you decide then? Didn't realise that. We'll run all articles past you before publishing in future. On the Rodgers exit, it was inevitable and given what was going on behind the scenes for quite a while he left when it suited him and left Peter Lawwell to pick up the pieces. He had been planning for that happening so we got the current management set-up and the club run via the director of football / CEO. Hard opinions are starting to thaw on Rodgers recently and stop for a minute and ask yourself what could have happened had Rodgers won that power struggle and DD backed him and removed PL, brining in an ambitious new CEO. The pitch would still have been a shocker though.

I heard it got diseased because lawwell wouldn't buy a new machine that was required for the new pitch he bought a second hand machine off a golf course that had shut down ,and the machine they bought from the golf course carried the disease from the course to the Celtic park ,I heard this from a good source.

I heard it got diseased because lawwell wouldn't buy a new machine that was required for the new pitch he bought a second hand machine off a golf course that had shut down ,and the machine they bought from the golf course carried the disease from the course to the Celtic park ,I heard this from a good source.
IF true, then that would be an expensive bargain. I remember a few years ago Pittodrie got infected and the pitch was appalling - they had to rip it up and relay it from scratch. The same at Murrayfield abou 6-7 years ago - nematodes ate the grass shoots so they went for the semi-synthetic pitch option to sort it. If we've introduced a disease then it will be difficult to sort now and the pitch will just get worse.

So you decide then? Didn't realise that. We'll run all articles past you before publishing in future. On the Rodgers exit, it was inevitable and given what was going on behind the scenes for quite a while he left when it suited him and left Peter Lawwell to pick up the pieces. He had been planning for that happening so we got the current management set-up and the club run via the director of football / CEO. Hard opinions are starting to thaw on Rodgers recently and stop for a minute and ask yourself what could have happened had Rodgers won that power struggle and DD backed him and removed PL, brining in an ambitious new CEO. The pitch would still have been a shocker though.

'So you decide then? Didn't realise that. We'll run all articles past you before publishing in future.'

Whit are you on about WC? Whit a childish thin skinned response to a bit of criticism about an article. So am I only allowed to pass comment on Celtic Star articles when I agree with them or I'm lavishing the author with praise, is that how it works?

I passed an opinion on something you chose to put out there, which I thought was kinda the point of this forum and the articles you post but because my opinion wasn't the one you wanted to hear that's☝️the way you choose to respond. 😕

Do you know that he 'demanded' it or is that just speculation? Maybe he just asked! Why is it all of a sudden 'his pitch' and not ours? Would it be described as 'his pitch' if it was immaculate?

To me the tone of the article came across as......The pitch is a mess, it was Rodgers who 'demanded' we buy it, it's 'his' pitch because he was the one who wanted it and therefore it's all his fault we're having to play on a shite pitch!

That's how the article read to me, I thought the tone of it sounded petty and imo because of that it seemed unworthy of an article given the usual standard of The Celtic Star. So naw I'm no trying to decide anything I'm passing an opinion which again I thought was fair game and kinda the whole point of this forum but if that's no the case and the choice is to either happy clap everything you publish or keep our mouths shut then I'll happily delete my account.

The manner of Rodgers exit and the rights or wrongs of it is an entirely different debate and has hee haw to do with the state of our pitch so my views on the pitch is not coloured by what went on behind the scenes with him and Lawell or how he left the club.

Sod it! Put down a plastic pitch!
So you want a pitch like killi? To be so petty, groundskeeper needs a swift kick in the ass along with Lennon, Lawwell & Dermott, for falling asleep at the wheel and allowing the zombies back to life

Or the guy who cuts out the trolls on Celtic Blog, pretty disgusting troll site now more infectuos than covid.

View attachment 12629
I can’t even get a post on that site anymore, anytime I try continually get a message “ there’s an issue with the site, you have been logged out, try again later” maybe you need to be Ted to post 🤔. Ted = James Forrest?

Members online

Latest posts

Back