18 matches left in the season

Shhh! It is all just a joke we are playing on sevco (we know how shite they are at counting). They will think that there are two extra games to be played at the end then the day before our last game against them following the spilt we reveal that it is mathematically impossible for them to catch us as there aren't enough games left and so we are champions. This will be after a week of them posting crap in the Daily Retard about how they were going to beat us and overhaul our big lead. Their poor noggins will explode with rage once they realise Timmy has outsmarted them yet again!
It was just the bean counter in me
Had to scratch that itch

That's mainly because there weren't so many champions. If you wanted to hold the belt then you had to fight the best. Leonard, Duran, Hagler & Hearns all scrapping each other - 4 of the best all at their peak.

I lost interest in boxing in the 90s. I thought Lennox Lewis could have been considered one of the greats but all the other good fighters kept avoiding him, so he never got the recognition he would have deserved if he had indeed beaten these challengers.
HBO did a 4 part documentary on the 4 of them. It looked each of their their careers from the very start and it all comes together when they started fighting each other.
Awesome watch

I had it on my fire stick

Talk of the boxing just brought back a lovely memory of talking to an auld guy, John in the horseshoe bar many years ago. His favourite boxer was Benny Lynch. He told me and my buddy all about this young guy fae the gorbals. Gave us the full history, I’d never heard of Benny before, so done a wee bit of research.

Dill sent me this a while back, TTQ, it's a phenomenal story. I actually still read it over now and then. Showed it to a mate of mine who is into the boxing in a big way; we both said the same thing, it's a fabulous story about a remarkable man.

Would make a great movie.
Still in touch with my buddy Gordy, he's a genuine, down to earth guy, who has, as you say Frank, lived a life and had some real adventures throughout his life, boxing, football, lacrosse, martial arts, along with working so many heavy duty jobs, logging, trucking and has remained the guy everybody likes, as you mentioned, a truly remarkable man, he has a book coming out, if any of you want to read it, I've asked him when it's due out, and he's still waiting, but will keep you posted, and if you ever get out here, I'm sure we can grab a coffee with the 'Champ' YNWA

That's mainly because there weren't so many champions. If you wanted to hold the belt then you had to fight the best. Leonard, Duran, Hagler & Hearns all scrapping each other - 4 of the best all at their peak.

I lost interest in boxing in the 90s. I thought Lennox Lewis could have been considered one of the greats but all the other good fighters kept avoiding him, so he never got the recognition he would have deserved if he had indeed beaten these challengers.
Screenshot_20240108_082732_Google.jpg
I was at this in msg. Lewis fought ray mercer and won with a decision. Mercer got robbed that night. So much so that fights broke out in the crowd after it.
I've never really liked Lewis, I thought he avoided tyson until he was done. He also lost to mccall and rahman and was being well beaten by klitschko only for a cut to stop the fight.

Talk of the boxing just brought back a lovely memory of talking to an auld guy, John in the horseshoe bar many years ago. His favourite boxer was Benny Lynch. He told me and my buddy all about this young guy fae the gorbals. Gave us the full history, I’d never heard of Benny before, so done a wee bit of research.

Horseshoe bar is one of my favourite pubs outwith Celtic bars 🤣....the crane op was winding me up one trip at my work (long story but because of him I had to do online interview at work) but anyway we went to Kity O'Sheas to watch Celtic game on tv then went to the horseshoe bar he was drunk and he thought he had a singers voice so I recorded him without his knowledge and when back at work I got the boss to put the video on at the end of weekly safety meeting on the big screen (no more wind ups from him after it) 🤣

Horseshoe bar is one of my favourite pubs outwith Celtic bars 🤣....the crane op was winding me up one trip at my work (long story but because of him I had to do online interview at work) but anyway we went to Kity O'Sheas to watch Celtic game on tv then went to the horseshoe bar he was drunk and he thought he had a singers voice so I recorded him without his knowledge and when back at work I got the boss to put the video on at the end of weekly safety meeting on the big screen (no more wind ups from him after it) 🤣
I have a few traumatic memories of being daft enough to sing at the Horseshoe karaoke :LOL:

Still in touch with my buddy Gordy, he's a genuine, down to earth guy, who has, as you say Frank, lived a life and had some real adventures throughout his life, boxing, football, lacrosse, martial arts, along with working so many heavy duty jobs, logging, trucking and has remained the guy everybody likes, as you mentioned, a truly remarkable man, he has a book coming out, if any of you want to read it, I've asked him when it's due out, and he's still waiting, but will keep you posted, and if you ever get out here, I'm sure we can grab a coffee with the 'Champ' YNWA
Very much appreciated, Dill. I would definitely be interested in his book. As for meeting him? Well, I'd be both honoured and humbled.

Thing is, though, me bein' a wee Govanite upstart, I'd probably challenge him tae a square go !

You'll have tae change that wee photy next tae yer name Bridie Bhoy. If any o they hun lurkers come on and see it, they will be totally bamboozled :ROFLMAO: . I liked yer first one the best, the one you had on years ago.
Tets just ooted him as Keef Jerkass slightly brighter than Bridiebiyd the munch monster
But any feckin pickture is better than that puss I thoat ah wiz oan Fallow fallow

HH😱😉😱

You'll have tae change that wee photy next tae yer name Bridie Bhoy. If any o they hun lurkers come on and see it, they will be totally bamboozled :ROFLMAO: . I liked yer first one the best, the one you had on years ago.
This was my first one. I changed it after a while as people were getting confused as to whether they were replying to MD or me (well JamSam was confused, but nothing new there!).

2024-01-09-15-14-16-483.jpg

Last edited:
Smashing thread this for tangents eh?

Very much appreciated, Dill. I would definitely be interested in his book. As for meeting him? Well, I'd be both honoured and humbled.

Thing is, though, me bein' a wee Govanite upstart, I'd probably challenge him tae a square go !
No problem Frank, and I'd be there to 'haud yer jaikit, and notify next of kin '-)
As you and TTQ stated, it's always good hooking up (pardon the obvious pun) with old friends...and Shammy, it's unusual for the threads to go off on their own...we usually keep within the confines of the topic, are you still on top of me on the predictor ? ooer missus...HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back