22/23 January Transfer Window.

Great business from us in all four windows since Ange came in to date. I did think there would be more outgoings with a loan or two for the likes of McCarthy ideguchi Welsh etc as they are looking at very little game time if any but they all clearly want to be part of a great squad.
Looking into the future and I'm sure Ange will have a plan in place but I note the Asian Cup tournament has been shifted to Qatar to Jan 24th this time next year for a month.
Looking at our current squad that would mean all our Asian bhoys including Daddy cool Mooy could and more than likely will be picked for their country's Japan South Korea and Australia.
That would be a sizeable hole in the squad so hopefully we are thinking further ahead all be it alot could happen in between now and then. Just a thought..

Great business from us in all four windows since Ange came in to date. I did think there would be more outgoings with a loan or two for the likes of McCarthy ideguchi Welsh etc as they are looking at very little game time if any but they all clearly want to be part of a great squad.
Looking into the future and I'm sure Ange will have a plan in place but I note the Asian Cup tournament has been shifted to Qatar to Jan 24th this time next year for a month.
Looking at our current squad that would mean all our Asian bhoys including Daddy cool Mooy could and more than likely will be picked for their country's Japan South Korea and Australia.
That would be a sizeable hole in the squad so hopefully we are thinking further ahead all be it alot could happen in between now and then. Just a thought..

Is there any chance you can have your games postponed owing to having numerous players away on international duties?…

There is also a winter break next January in the Spl, not sure of the dates but its usually at the start of the month.

"I don’t mind people saying we have the biggest budget because we have the biggest fanbase & we are the biggest club. People forget that money is on the back of supporters who don’t have a lot of money and choose to spend a significant portion of it on this football club. My role is not to get their money and stick it in the bank. It’s to get their money and reinvest it in the thing they love. That’s my responsibility, why we do what we do. I don’t think that’s something we need to be embarrassed about." - Ange Postecoglou.

325603027_441819351418813_3272745878818107871_n.jpg

"I don’t mind people saying we have the biggest budget because we have the biggest fanbase & we are the biggest club. People forget that money is on the back of supporters who don’t have a lot of money and choose to spend a significant portion of it on this football club. My role is not to get their money and stick it in the bank. It’s to get their money and reinvest it in the thing they love. That’s my responsibility, why we do what we do. I don’t think that’s something we need to be embarrassed about." - Ange Postecoglou.

325603027_441819351418813_3272745878818107871_n.jpg
How brilliant it is to hear such things from our manager.

Lucky us 🤭

A very valid thought though Mag7 and a really good point.

Even with those Asian region players out we still have cover for them at present .

It might require perhaps Abada to play as a striker which he's done before as has Forrest or a promotion for young Dawson or a B team player and there's no denying we'd be weakened.

I wouldn't expect any postponements from the SPL they'd be licking their lips at the thought.

It could be possible that players have chosen to stay for that reason or it could just be that some players are actually beginning to rate our club our football and division with the credit it deserves.

I look at Nisbet who knocked back promotion play off chasing Millwall to stay at hibs and guaranteed football over a hefty rise in his pay cheque.

Could it be that Ange's influence is inspiring not only Celtic but others too?

I'd say yes , he has brought a completely new vision and mindset of the game to here and it's infectious , rubbing off on others,
except furra wee methadone martindale fae livinginastone n aw at n at kno?

Last edited:
That is Giakoumakis officially joined Atalanta United on a permanent deal. Thanks for your important goals last season to help us win the title. Maybe things never ended so well but I will wish him good luck.
He was a good striker and it's a case of what could've been for him at Celtic.
Looking at some of his goals they were awesome strikes those overhead kicks.

Times past he'd have played in a 2 up front Celtic side and unfortunate Ange goes with Kyogo who hasn't let him down.

I saw a YouTube short from celts are here about Ange giving a parting dig at GG over the ' not on my radar find out on Instagram 'comment but I didn't see it as that, perhaps I'm being naive.

Good luck to him if he gets the service over there he did at Celtic he'll be successful again

Members online

Latest posts

Back