7 realistic targets who could replace Neil Lennon and save Celtic's season

Ok,think of the £millions we've pissed against the wall,signing duds like bolingoli,bayo,shved,kouassi,etc, the tens of £millions we've missed out on by failing in Europe,imagine we invest money in a proper manager? let's go fantasy here, Pocchetino!,ah know,ah know,he improves players,he improves teams, his teams play attractive fitba,but hey if as pistol pete says, 'we're a champions league level team' we need that type of manager to get us there!

Ok,think of the £millions we've pissed against the wall,signing duds like bolingoli,bayo,shved,kouassi,etc, the tens of £millions we've missed out on by failing in Europe,imagine we invest money in a proper manager? let's go fantasy here, Pocchetino!,ah know,ah know,he improves players,he improves teams, his teams play attractive fitba,but hey if as pistol pete says, 'we're a champions league level team' we need that type of manager to get us there!

The next Celtic manager imo has to capture the imagination of the Support.....he has to have, and be able to sell a plan and a vision the players and the Support will believe in and lock in to.....he also has to be innovative.....tactically aware.....have charisma, be media savvy and have a modern approach to the game at a European level.....and he has to be a winner.

That's the criteria for me...:)

If there IS to be a 'replacement'......which I still think is doubtful......then for the love of God please NO more managerial appointments being made based on 'he's a good Celtic man' or 'he knows the club/game up here' as the calibre of any Celtic manager should be based on their abilities and NOT on their familiarity with either the club or Scottish fitbaw.

Maybe a bit of an ambitious shout but Laurent Blanc, who has a tremendous managerial CV and has been out of the managerial game since 2016, may fancy taking on the challenge of turning things around and making history at one of the World's biggest clubs.

That type of appointment would require showing some ambition from DD, Lawell and the board though......something they seem to have given up on a long time ago.
I never actually thought about him but i agree Laurent Blanc would be a great appointment. Ive said before in here that NL has been tremendous for Celtic both as a player & manager but if we are to have any chance of winning 10 in a row then a new manager is a must. HH

If DD can be arsed and makes the call it'll be O'Neill/Keane. If not PL will call on Strachan.
That of course is if they decide to do anything. Keeping Lennon is still the most likely scenario.
Anything else involves having a long term strategy for the club and the current board don't. Like many of the supporters they have become transfixed by 10IAR to the detriment of the club as a whole. They've given up on Europe, that's been obvious for years given unpreparedness for CL qualifiers, and their plan of staying slightly better than Rangers has spectacularly backfired.
They now face a scenario of losing out on history due to complacency and mismanagement. The only thing that may make them react for the good is the prospect of STs for next season tanking to below Ronny Deila levels. Look out the big banners for the Lisbon Lions upper.

If DD can be arsed and makes the call it'll be O'Neill/Keane. If not PL will call on Strachan.
That of course is if they decide to do anything. Keeping Lennon is still the most likely scenario.
Anything else involves having a long term strategy for the club and the current board don't. Like many of the supporters they have become transfixed by 10IAR to the detriment of the club as a whole. They've given up on Europe, that's been obvious for years given unpreparedness for CL qualifiers, and their plan of staying slightly better than Rangers has spectacularly backfired.
They now face a scenario of losing out on history due to complacency and mismanagement. The only thing that may make them react for the good is the prospect of STs for next season tanking to below Ronny Deila levels. Look out the big banners for the Lisbon Lions upper.
Unfortunately, I think you're right on the money with the Strachan and MON/Keane comments. If they were only short term then I'd probably be ok with that as I think almost any manager coming in would give us a much-needed bounce till the end of the season.

Strachan would definitely be ok with a temporary appointment but Keanes' ego wouldn't take that sort of affront! I'm pretty sure if HE was to come in then he'd be demanding a lengthy, and expansive, deal. For that reason alone I don't think he's in the running. If he was tried and tested then perhaps but not now.

MON might do the job till the end of the season but is he the long term answer? Nope!

I really do think a Pocchetino type appointment is not beyond us. He's a football scholar and he will be aware that the road back to the EPL riches would be relatively simple when looking at the rhat's current standing. Is he a better coach than BR? I'm not sure, but I'm fucking certain he's better than NL!

I can only hope that DD has the same kind of foresight he showed when getting shot of Ronnie who, while he was a really nice guy, was a fucking abysmal coach.

Whatever happens, it needs to be done right bloody sharpish coz NL is currently trying to row a boat to shore from the middle of the Pacific that's shot full of holes!

What about Shaun Maloney?

Probably too early in his managerial career but seems like he's tactically astute and student of the modern game type of guy.

replace lennon who has a PROVEN record as a manager, titles and trophies in the bag with Shaun Maloney :ROFLMAO:
The huns would be laughing all the way to the title
We would be in fecking uproar
I preferred your earlier post Khenny

If i had to live with any of those suggestions it'd be Strachan, short term
Keane a complete NO for me
M'ON, legend but seems he's on the wane

replace lennon who has a PROVEN record as a manager, titles and trophies in the bag with Shaun Maloney :ROFLMAO:
The huns would be laughing all the way to the title
We would be in fecking uproar
I preferred your earlier post Khenny
What has a "proven track record" done to our campaign so far this season?

Maloney is a key cog in the wheel of the world's number one national team and he's clearly very highly thought of in the game.

As I said, although you choose to dismiss it, "it's probably too early in his career" but why not talk about ALL possibilities?

Does anyone seriously think any coach with a tactical brain would do worse than NL just now?

Do you think we should stick with Lennon's particular brand of tactical nous till the end of the season? Don't you think the huns are already going to laugh all way to the title the way things stand?

Try thinking before posting next time. 🤨

What has a "proven track record" done to our campaign so far this season?

Maloney is a key cog in the wheel of the world's number one national team and he's clearly very highly thought of in the game.

As I said, although you choose to dismiss it, "it's probably too early in his career" but why not talk about ALL possibilities?

Does anyone seriously think any coach with a tactical brain would do worse than NL just now?

Do you think we should stick with Lennon's particular brand of tactical nous till the end of the season? Don't you think the huns are already going to laugh all way to the title the way things stand?

Try thinking before posting next time. 🤨
'Try thinking before posting next time. ' - Shaun Maloney :ROFLMAO:

Definitely Tony,, for a club the size of ours and the history assocciated with it we need a name who can make a new face want to play for him..right now it looks like we have the oposite..

HH.
Agree mate someone who can come in and hit the ground running and lift the whole club,a bit like Rodgers did

Interesting names in the video and in the chat. I’d go for Eddie Howe myself - he’s young and ambitious. Like snakey snakerson, his rep has taken a little bit of a dent from Bournemouth been relegated, so maybe some of the bigger clubs in England are a bit wary. So he can come up here and look to repair his reputation a bit, get experience of winning leagues and cups and European experience. Style is attractive attacking football - well we have players who can do that. Don’t know what he‘s like setting teams up defensively but ffs he can’t do any worse than what we’re like now!

Back