A Brilliant Forum so let's keep it that way

I remember being back for a holiday and we went to the chippie for a bit of scran
"Right, what would you like ?"
Me: " A pudding supper"
My mate: " A seafood pizza & a haggis supper,"
I'm thinking, he's taking the piss
I'm used to going to a pizza joint ,where they make and bake them from scratch, and you select the toppings you want
I couldn't believe it, when the guy comes out of the back, and throws a frozen pizza into the deep fryer, followed by a haggis supper ,
WTAF !!!
Haggis, no, not, never, but I know people who say it's fantastic
Gaun yersel' you haggis munchers
HH

I remember being back for a holiday and we went to the chippie for a bit of scran
"Right, what would you like ?"
Me: " A pudding supper"
My mate: " A seafood pizza & a haggis supper,"
I'm thinking, he's taking the piss
I'm used to going to a pizza joint ,where they make and bake them from scratch, and you select the toppings you want
I couldn't believe it, when the guy comes out of the back, and throws a frozen pizza into the deep fryer, followed by a haggis supper ,
WTAF !!!
Haggis, no, not, never, but I know people who say it's fantastic
Gaun yersel' you haggis munchers
HH
Scottish cuisine DILLIGAF,second tae none! restaurants get a Michelin star, we get a Michelin tyre!!!!! 🍺

First time I found myself in Essex I went to a roadside snack bar.
"Gimme two rolls in square sausage pal"
"You wot love"
"Two rolls in square sausage please "
"You mean a sausage bab love?"
"Aye whatever,"

Never been so disappointed 😿

Did ye ever order a full english,wi' a tattie scone Hoopy, then pay wi' a Scottish fiver,feckin hilarious!
Ah I had many issues with Scottish money Mick!

It was the language barrier that used to get me, went into a chippy with my missus one day asked for two portions of chips please...
"You wot?"
Two portions of chips please
"I've got no idea wot your saying mate"
Catherine, translate for me please or this cheeky cunts going in the deep fat frier!
"Alwight mate calm down!"
Ah so you can speak Scottish cunto?

My wee mate is from Yorkshire, he took his Canadian wife home, for a holiday, back in the 80's
They go into a quaint old pub, for a bite to eat and a drink, thatched roof, low ceilings and big wooden beams kinda place
Girl behind the bar comes up and asks what they want to drink
Him "A pint of Tetley's, please love"
Her: "A Manhattan"
Barmaid: "Sorry ?"
"I'd like a Manhattan"
Girl excuses herself, and goes through to the other side of the bar
Minutes later, a huge Yorkshire man, with an accent you could cut with a knife & the big pork shop sideburns, ducks under the door and, with a scowl on his face, asks
"Is there a problem, you taking the piss ???"
My mate says, puzzled "Eh, no mate"
The barman says "What is it you want ???"
"A Manhattan"
"What, in God's name is a Manhattan?"
"You know what she said to me, when she came through ? There's a woman in there who wants a Man's hat on !!"
"Now, tell me what's in it, and I'll make you one"
My mate tells him, the guy makes it and has a curious look on his face
My mate says "Try it"
The guy does and blurts out "Wahay !! That's bloody good !!"
Probably the only pub in James Herriot country, you could get a Manhattan in, for all those years ;-)

I remember hearing of a cafe in London where you get a tray of breakfast
Ten of everything, eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, pieces of toast etc, you have 45 minutes to eat it and it's free, otherwise it's about 15 quid
Couldn't find it, but found this

Theres some greedy bastaaarts oot there D 🍺

Members online

Latest posts

Back