A Brilliant Forum so let's keep it that way

Maybe best thing to do is pull the plug on Celtic Noise altogether
What makes you say that pal? I'm oblivious to things being that bad on here? We all have the choice of what we want to read and move on if a subject aint for you.(politics in my case😹). No point getting angry with hun lurkers. Best to rip the shit right oot them. It's that simple.
Or is there something I've missed🤔

There are plenty of Celtic supporters where I live. There are plenty of folk who are also happy enough to discuss football in general, but what separates a site (such as this) is that it gives fellas like myself, who are out in the boondocks, an opportunity to get an insight from folk who are a lot closer to Celtic geographically and who have their ear pretty close to the ground.

It also gives folk like me (who can be pretty set in their ways) an alternative opinion on the performances and politics of Celtic. Sometimes I might initially baulk at some of the suggestions, but once I digest the information, I often find that there is merit in there and that people are approaching the same problem from a slightly different perspective.

I spend so much time at work and play being rather contrary, that I tend to overcompensate for this by being a bit too pro-Celtic and tend to overlook areas that often need addressing. Many contributors on this platform provide me with plenty of food for thought on these matters.

Another positive aspect of this site, from a personal point of view, is that often I can be a bit too pre-occupied with footbal in my day-to-day 'real' life and therefore I steer clear of topics which are directly related to the actual football itself. How we play, view, and dissect the game is a very subjective thing and I guess that I don't want to get embroiled in issues that are neither obviously right or obviously wrong.

This leads me nicely to by far and away the most positive aspect of this site...........

The regular contributors on this platform are a force of nature and are largely a group of folk that I would happily break bread with and even share my secret stash of poitin with. I've had disagreements and fallouts, but you are mainly a forgiving bunch and in spite of some of the pretty enthusiastic arguments, it would seem that (for the most part) we can let bygones be bygones.

I've seen some brutal exchanges on here, but then later see the same combatants encouraging one another??? It's pub culture in a digital environment. This site has brought old and young, men and women, geniuses and idiots all together at various points and that is an achievement in and of itself.

I appreciate that, in certain cases, far too much water has passed under the bridge and that relationships may be permanently damaged, but as in any other setting - conflict can be avoided if folk choose not to cross paths. I know that that might be difficult because feelings are still raw, but I would hate to see all of the good work that has been done become unravelled due to issues that don't necessarily have to be issues within the confines of this forum. You don't have to like one another, but you don't have to communicate with each other either.

I've taken a shine to many folk that I was initially sceptical of. I would hate to see them not be a part of this group because of matters that could have been avoided.

Members online

Latest posts

Back