A Celtic Noise question for Ange Postecoglou

I think we lose goals from set pieces because it’s one of the few ways the opposition get to put the ball in our box as our outfield defensive displays are so strong. So logic tells you if we lose goals, which we will, then set plays are the most likely.
However, I do think questions need to be asked about attacking set plays, of which we get a lot, as to why we don’t make more use of them.
I think It was Liverpool who appointed a throw in coach.
Can we not do better?
HH
Our throw ins are shocking I'm.sick of watching Ralston standing , waiting for someone to show for the ball and these throws that go up in the air are as bad as a hospital pass has to change

Our throw ins are shocking I'm.sick of watching Ralston standing , waiting for someone to show for the ball and these throws that go up in the air are as bad as a hospital pass has to change
I think that's a fair comment re throw ins although I don't think it's restricted to Tony the tiger. Amazes me how many times we give possession away from a throw in especially in our own half. Not gonna be over critical but would love to see the long throw included when we are in opposition territory...convinced the beast CCV is capable of this and would add to the many fears the opposition has from our team imo.

I think that's a fair comment re throw ins although I don't think it's restricted to Tony the tiger. Amazes me how many times we give possession away from a throw in especially in our own half. Not gonna be over critical but would love to see the long throw included when we are in opposition territory...convinced the beast CCV is capable of this and would add to the many fears the opposition has from our team imo.
It is shocking how a side like Celtic can win a throw in either side of the halfway line and whoever's taking the shy is waiting , waiting I'm screaming for someone to show and more often than not Ralston ( and others) have no option but to try a hopeful loop shy that invites the challenge its so high in the air.
That's something we were drilled into at primary school not to do.
Throw the ball no higher than chest height unless you see an opportunity.
Quite often you see Ralston will throw it anyway as the fans get impatient.
Hopefully something that will be sorted out.
We are not as Ange has said " a big team in height" so often lose out on high ball challenges.

I enjoy watching Angeball when it's in proper full-flow, but the question I'd really like to ask is, is if he can envisage playing that same style, but with a point man (Jackie) and an off-the-shoulder number (Kyogo/Maeda)?

I like the current width we gave in our play, but the dividends aren't quite paying out. We can still play short, crisp and into feet, but when you have a great exponent of the diagonal like Calmac, would it not be worth varying it every now and then, just to ask the question of congested defences.

I noticed that Calmac tried it quite a few times against Dundee recently and it almost paid off. The only issue was, was that he was trying to hit Maeda immediately, instead of allowing him to feed off the ball being played into Giakamakis first. Big Jackie is a weapon (in the best sense of the word), why not try it?

Even if a defender gets in before him, the best it's going to be (for the defender) is a loose ball kicking about in a dangerous area.
Would love us to go with two up front. Was hoping Dembele and Edouard were going to be pairing up a few years back. We’ve certainly got the players for that option now!

Members online

Latest posts

Back