A Professional Insight - Channel 4's 'Watch this space' with Celtic Park photograph

Very true, but when the scum go "off the grid", then they are a ticking timebomb waiting to explode.

These scum also display a remarkable aptitude for manipulation and can also be surprisingly charming. The tabloid stereotype and photofit does not always apply and what Niall can likely testify to, is that homeless people can almost go unnoticed in certain areas and that ability can give them an unlimited amount of access.

To be sure, scum truly is scum, but if we are serious about tackling the problem, then we have to be able to observe, monitor and record their movements and behaviours.

Capital punishment. Deid and deterrent.

Capital punishment. Deid and deterrent.
The major problem with that position is that it puts capital punishment back on the table for all matters.

I'm afraid that I don't trust either law enforcement nor the legal system in britain to find appropriate remedy or justice in all capital cases.

The secondary issue is that many of the perpetrators sexually abusing children are hardwired in their neurological and physiological make-up. Rather than acting as a deterrent, it would only serve to drive these bastards even deeper underground. They already hide in very dark corners, this would only make them go even darker and even deeper, but even more scarily - it would make them absolutely desperate.........what people do in desperation can be truly disturbing once the carnage is unleashed.

I don't have any qualms with eliminating predators from the equation; however - there are a minority of sexual predators who do not have the intellectual capacity to understand the consequences of their actions. While punishment should still be appropriate for this section, capital punishment has to be predicated on the principle of malice aforethought, this would create a really murky legal quagmire, especially when determining appropriate legal precedents.

I don't disagree with your sentiments, only its execution (not sure if the pun is intended).

Those not have the capacity to understand their actions....... presume you think they can be rehabilitated?

Has that ever worked?

I mean has any filthy peado ever been rehabilitated?

I doubt something so heinous has.

Rather than watch/monitor them just slit their muthafkn throats.

Watching n monitoring is doing jack coz there is often a wee carpet shuffle when the re-offend.... under all this monitoring.

No, I mean those with severe learning difficulties, or diagnosed mental illness.

There still has to be a system of punishment in place, but small allowances have to be made for those who literally know not what they do.

As for rehabilitation, I don't believe our prison system is designed for that. I believe the intention is only to punish. I also don't believe that that other group of deviants who are hardwired to think that way can be rehabilitated. They have defective machinery and can swing fae the rafters for all that I care. I have no human compunction to save these people, but this country still has a history of often inventing the evidence to fit the crime. Any standard for capital punishment would have to be definitive and conclusive.

Those not have the capacity to understand their actions....... presume you think they can be rehabilitated?

Has that ever worked?

I mean has any filthy peado ever been rehabilitated?

I doubt something so heinous has.

Rather than watch/monitor them just slit their muthafkn throats.

Watching n monitoring is doing jack coz there is often a wee carpet shuffle when the re-offend.... under all this monitoring.
The only people in the world I wouldn't argue with about 'hanging/castrate them' would be the parents of an abused child, revenge is a very strong emotion in a human, you can multiply the thirst for revenge 10 fold if you are dealing with a parent when the most important person in their life has been the victim of a predator, who in most cases would be known to the family.
I can't agree with the death penalty coming back no matter how much the Bastards deserve it, we would only be bringing more evil to the table instead of trying to make the world a better place, as SP mentioned, how many people on this forum can honestly say we trust the legal system enough to give them the power to hand out the death penalty, not me.

No, I mean those with severe learning difficulties, or diagnosed mental illness.

There still has to be a system of punishment in place, but small allowances have to be made for those who literally know not what they do.

As for rehabilitation, I don't believe our prison system is designed for that. I believe the intention is only to punish. I also don't believe that that other group of deviants who are hardwired to think that way can be rehabilitated. They have defective machinery and can swing fae the rafters for all that I care. I have no human compunction to save these people, but this country still has a history of often inventing the evidence to fit the crime. Any standard for capital punishment would have to be definitive and conclusive.

I agree. Proof. Swing.

The only people in the world I wouldn't argue with about 'hanging/castrate them' would be the parents of an abused child, revenge is a very strong emotion in a human, you can multiply the thirst for revenge 10 fold if you are dealing with a parent when the most important person in their life has been the victim of a predator, who in most cases would be known to the family.
I can't agree with the death penalty coming back no matter how much the Bastards deserve it, we would only be bringing more evil to the table instead of trying to make the world a better place, as SP mentioned, how many people on this forum can honestly say we trust the legal system enough to give them the power to hand out the death penalty, not me.

I think whether a defenceless child is yours or not as an adult we all owe the innocent a duty of care.

In my mind anyone who commits such abhorrent and heinous crimes against a child will never ever stop at one.

Second time could be your child third time could be your grandkid.... what do u say to them.

I understand both you n SP’s view, mines is that they fkn swing n then they’ll never hurt another child.

Giving the death penalty to someone accused of child abuse is a crazy notion. Much as I'd like to see them die a painful death the truth is that they would just murder a child after they had abused it as they can only be given one death penalty.

In many cases in the States who still have the death penalty murderers have been found not guilty because jurors just couldn't make the decision that would result in someone going to the electric chair. It's not a position I'd like to be in myself so I fully understand that if there's even a shadow of doubt a murderer can walk free.

Giving the death penalty to someone accused of child abuse is a crazy notion. Much as I'd like to see them die a painful death the truth is that they would just murder a child after they had abused it as they can only be given one death penalty.

In many cases in the States who still have the death penalty murderers have been found not guilty because jurors just couldn't make the decision that would result in someone going to the electric chair. It's not a position I'd like to be in myself so I fully understand that if there's even a shadow of doubt a murderer can walk free.

If there’s proof then the notion that they shouldn’t swing is abhorrent to me.

Suppose we’re all different

It's been proved across the world that capital punishment isn't a deterrent. I also dont see it as a suitable punishment, as soon as the switch is tripped the suffering, in this life at least, is over. Make them do hard labour for the rest of their miserable life, plenty of time to think about their actions and the suffering they caused.

It's been proved across the world that capital punishment isn't a deterrent. I also dont see it as a suitable punishment, as soon as the switch is tripped the suffering, in this life at least, is over. Make them do hard labour for the rest of their miserable life, plenty of time to think about their actions and the suffering they caused.

But life is 15 years here..... you ok with them living next door to your grandkid after that?

I think everyone who feels safe with that could possibly offer them a home?

Get to monitor them at the same time.

Just a thought.

I can think of 11 innocent men and 1 innocent woman who would be dead if we had death penalty. The Birmingham Six, The Guildford Four, Joe Steel and TC Campbell. The judge even told the six he would have them hung if he could.
I have zero faith in British justice.
I don't know what the answer is.

Understand and agree with this.

I am talking about proof.

Then swing.

In the dark days, the one constant was, is, and will always be Celtic.

I've often pondered "The Cause" and what that cause actually is.

I once thought it to be a reference to our cultural roots, but it is a lot more complex and textured than that.

I sincerely believe that "The Cause" is something more than words can describe. It is something which sets us apart from others, but brings all of us together at the same time. It may not seem to be directly related to the topic of discussion; however - it gives me a sense of hope that everything is going to be alright and Celtic have become my safe space.

I remain relatively philosophical and upbeat by nature, but I would be a liar not to admit that I have almost reached my breaking point on several occasions. As you very astutely point out, I have seen good folk broken into bits by the work we have undertaken and it's no secret that our friend in Donegal was haunted by the evil that men and women do.

I content myself with the knowledge that there are good folk like yourself who keep getting into the ring for one more round; however - I would be more than happy for you to pursue a career in writing. Not only on all things Celtic, but also in highlighting the social taboos and stigmas that constantly surround us.

For as long as I know that there are folk like yourself fighting the good fight, then I'll always keep believing that things can be better. I like a wee punt, Niall, and I tend to play the numbers game when marking my coupon. I still believe that the numbers are in favour of the good, but I am also aware that the odds can be overturned if complacency kicks in.

I know we'd rather be discussing more positive aspects of life, but it is our willingness to face the the tough topics that will hopefully see us all prevail.
"Celtic have become my safe space". I relate to that 100%. My escape and solace. Nothing else gets in. Everyone needs somewhere they can immerse themselves in for a while 'somewhere only we know' as the song said. Hail Hail

Wonderful piece Niall.
The issue of child abuse is talked about over and over again on hun blogs but only to condemn Celtic F.C. in the hope that historic cases linked with the club, destroys it.
They have no conception of what their glib chatter does to those who have suffered at the hands of depraved adults and furthermore there will be many victims among their own who were preyed upon by their own.
Let's hope that Celtic do the morally correct thing even if it is financial compensation but more importantly take steps to ensure nothing like this can happen again.
Those who don't understand that child abuse is a societal problem and not a Catholic problem are ignoring the fact that children are most often abused by someone they know, usually a family member. Let's hope the blinkered blue noses are looking out for their own children instead of being obsessed with Celtic going bust..................something that will never happen.
Thank you Shamrock. Those minds you talk of won't be educated, they don't want to be. They are only interested in weaponising the subject. I have no time for people like that. I don't mind debate but I don't have time in my life for it to be with idiots.

1582209939810.png

They were all convicted with manufactured "proof". It was proved in court those 12 people were guilty.

There can be DNA proof or various depts checking.

There has to be a way to RID the world of paedo’s.

Fk i’ll gladly do it and sleep like a baby.

No hangmans guilt here under those abominations

Back