A REALLY interesting transfer window coming up

Weedocbhoy60

If things go in our favour this up coming window Iam hopeful of making an impact in Europe (getting out of the group) as well as ruling the roost at home.
With a bit of luck both Barkas and Ajeti will be sold thus freeing up two decent wages. If both KT and Frimpong are sold to other clubs for the money suggested then (I'm guessing) 10-12million will be available to boost our transfer kitty.
So bhoys and ghirls what do you think Ange could pick up with 12 million and two wages ???????
This obviously doesn't factor in CL money or profits on any other players sold. 'Cause (imo) we have too large a squad at the moment.
SO Iam one happy wee Celtic supporter who thinks this is gonna be a REALLY INTERESTING transfer window.
Your thoughts bhoys and ghirls.................??????

Totally different they way ange works from years ago, we have tended to get players in early in the window, identifying players and going after them and get them bedded in, with a good preseason, instead of scraping aboot missing out out on players for the sake of 500k and panic buying players at 2 mins to midnight

One thing for sure, ange knows who he want and will get them early, probably raiding the far east markets again, as we now have a high profile and a team players would want to come and play for, already have a few players here meaning incoming players will settle in and not get as homesick as most of these players tend to do……we are soon to be sponsored by pot noodle 🤣👍

As a team who hopefully win a treble I think its fair to say there will be alot of interest in our players.
So I expect us to lose potentially two of our players maybe three.
Abada Hatate and Starfelt are already being reported as having suitors but there could be others.
All 3 are major contributors so would be an inevitable loss to our momentum.
But refresh and a wee bit of change are probably what will be needed to maintain and push on to the next level.
The squad will need to be trimmed with McCarthy Scales Barkas and Ajeti moved on in this window cutting the wage bill allowing for some more shrewd recruitment.
Must keep CCV Kyogo Jota Maeda and would have included Hatate but he looks the most likely to go.
I think it might just be a busy window.

I think the money coming in from player sales should be spent on solidifying the squad with new contracts.

Kyogo - 2025
Starfeld - 2025
GT - 2025
Calmac - 2026
CCV - 2026
Reo - 2026
Abada - 2026
Daizen - 2026
Jota - 2027
O Riley - 2027

Only speakin' for myself here folks, but as someone who remembers, only too vividly, the massive disappointment.. (s) of games when the result was supposed to be done and dusted before a ball was kicked in earnest, I would rather we focused entirely on the business in hand. Our club has a glorious opportunity to add to our illustrious history. Indeed, I believe perhaps only with the passing of time will our success and dominance be viewed with something approaching disbelief.

The subject matter of this thread is one that gets the juices goin' for sure, comings and goings will always focus our minds. Like all of you good folk, I have my thoughts and opinions. However, with the small matter of a potential treble within reach, I'm quite happy to leave that for another day.

Only speakin' for myself here folks, but as someone who remembers, only too vividly, the massive disappointment.. (s) of games when the result was supposed to be done and dusted before a ball was kicked in earnest, I would rather we focused entirely on the business in hand. Our club has a glorious opportunity to add to our illustrious history. Indeed, I believe perhaps only with the passing of time will our success and dominance be viewed with something approaching disbelief.

The subject matter of this thread is one that gets the juices goin' for sure, comings and goings will always focus our minds. Like all of you good folk, I have my thoughts and opinions. However, with the small matter of a potential treble within reach, I'm quite happy to leave that for another day.
I get what you are saying Frank, but I don't think a group of posters speculating on a fans' forum will have any impact on how our coaches and players will prepare for upcoming matches. I'm certain Ange will have them fully focused and I think this group of players are professional enough to do this themselves anyway. It is just a bit of fun for us as we have zero influence on who stays, joins or leaves.

But like yourself, I am certainly not taking the treble for granted - we've been caught out too many times in the past to believe that it is in the bag and all we need to do is turn up and be handed the trophy. HH.

I get what you are saying Frank, but I don't think a group of posters speculating on a fans' forum will have any impact on how our coaches and players will prepare for upcoming matches. I'm certain Ange will have them fully focused and I think this group of players are professional enough to do this themselves anyway. It is just a bit of fun for us as we have zero influence on who stays, joins or leaves.

But like yourself, I am certainly not taking the treble for granted - we've been caught out too many times in the past to believe that it is in the bag and all we need to do is turn up and be handed the trophy. HH.
As always BB you make points that can only be described fair and valid. So, yes, I'm more that happy to acknowledge that.
However, bein' the boring fart that I am, names such as Raith Rovers, Clyde, Feyenoord, Partick Thistle.....could go on, but I know you get my drift.
First things first!

Stating the obvious, but footballing focus has to be one hundred percent on winning the cup. It is important that we do not get complacent or underestimate ICT. Treat them with the respect and professionalism, they rightly deserve as finalists. They will give it their very best shot, that is for sure. So, we need to be fully prepared and ready. Of that, I have no worries whatsoever. Our squad will be up for this, and Ange will not allow any overconfidence to permeate our approach. When it is over, hopefully we will have our thoroughly deserved treble, finish the season with a great celebration, and look forward with confidence and expectation to next season's campaign. Life is good as a Celtic supporter.

Last edited:

Cmon Frank loosen up. We both obviously shared the dark days let’s enjoy our juices flowing …..
if we can’t beat ICT then we just don’t deserve the treble that I believe Ange really wants and I’m sure we will get.
So whatever happens jelly and ice cream all round my friend
Take care
HH

Cmon Frank loosen up. We both obviously shared the dark days let’s enjoy our juices flowing …..
if we can’t beat ICT then we just don’t deserve the treble that I believe Ange really wants and I’m sure we will get.
So whatever happens jelly and ice cream all round my friend
Take care
HH
Honest, Limcbhoy, I'm as loose as a hooker on piecework. And yes, I remember the less than salubrious times.
If I'm being completely truthful, though, I have to admit that I also have moments when my thoughts turn to the next challenge for Ange; that obviously includes squad improvement. But then, and those dark times you talk of are the reason,......my cautious self reigns in my still present propensity to get ahead of present challenges.
With age has come patience.......and a deep, thankful appreciation. HH.

Honest, Limcbhoy, I'm as loose as a hooker on piecework. And yes, I remember the less than salubrious times.
If I'm being completely truthful, though, I have to admit that I also have moments when my thoughts turn to the next challenge for Ange; that obviously includes squad improvement. But then, and those dark times you talk of are the reason,......my cautious self reigns in my still present propensity to get ahead of present challenges.
While there is nothing wrong with a little caution, with no disrespect to ICT, I believe that the only team going ballistic on June 3rd will be us.
If it was the zombies against ICT would you put money on them gettin anywhere close. Nope me neither. And we are a better team than them.

While there is nothing wrong with a little caution, with no disrespect to ICT, I believe that the only team going ballistic on June 3rd will be us.
If it was the zombies against ICT would you put money on them gettin anywhere close. Nope me neither. And we are a better team than them.
Nah, I never allow sevco to pollut my thoughts if I can avoid it. So, no they don't even come into the conversation.
Seems some of you good folk think perhaps I should just take the treble as a given. Fair enough I suppose; easy to understand that thinking.
For the avoidance of doubt, of course I believe it would take a shock of seismic proportion to deny us another treble.
All I'm saying is.....we haven't done it yet.

Frank, I sense a wee smile though, so you’re quietly confident I feel.
Having said that I still have the Raith Rovers scars but have great faith in our Ange to ensure that nightmare is not repeated.
Anyway, let’s enjoy the ride
HH

Nah, I never allow sevco to pollut my thoughts if I can avoid it. So, no they don't even come into the conversation.
Seems some of you good folk think perhaps I should just take the treble as a given. Fair enough I suppose; easy to understand that thinking.
For the avoidance of doubt, of course I believe it would take a shock of seismic proportion to deny us another treble.
All I'm saying is.....we haven't done it yet.
Fair point buddy.

Members online

Latest posts

Back