A REALLY interesting transfer window coming up

Goalie Scott Bain has signed a 3 year extension for us. I did expect he would be off this summer. Although apparently he is very popular with the other players and a good influence in the dressing room, which is an important factor in team morale that can affect how we perform on the pitch.

Last edited:
Vasilis Barkas - GK
Tobi Oluwayemi - GK
Ewan Otoo - CB
Liam Scales - CB
Osaze Urhoghide - CB
Liam Shaw - CM
Ismaila Soro - CM
Adam Montgomery - LB/LWB
Mikey Johnston - LW
Albian Ajeti - ST
Johnny Kenny - ST
Shaw, Scales & Johnston, definitely keep.

The others? Well, not really sure. But would gladly take a hard pass on Ajeti and Barkas.

But Ange knows best, so I will take his -- and the coaching staff's -- word on it.

Goalie Scott Bain has signed a 3 year extension for us. I did expect he would be off this summer. Although apparently he is very popular with the other players and a good influence in the dressing room, which is an important factor in team morale that can affect how we perform on the pitch.
I like Bain, he may not be a FF, or a Joe Hart but he's had some fine moments in a Celtic jersey and never hear him complaining about lack of game time.

Been a decent back up goalie which is why he was brought in

I like Bain, he may not be a FF, or a Joe Hart but he's had some fine moments in a Celtic jersey and never hear him complaining about lack of game time.

Been a decent back up goalie which is why he was brought in
I remember when he first broke into our side Sportscene did an interesting piece on how his excellent footwork and distribution under pressure was a key component in how Celtic could beat a high press (I know - it is hard to believe that the BBC did a positive piece on Celtic!!!!).

Also, Bain was robbed of setting a record for longest run without conceding a goal by the cheating unsportsmanship of Motherwell in Rodgers last match before his midnight flit.

I think Bain is a good back-up goalie who we can rely on if needed. Siegrist can push Hart so hope he has overcome his injury woes.

I think Hart gets a wee bit too much stick from some fans - we do play a very high risk/high return adventurous style of football which does expose our defence at times so any error looks calamitous. That is not to say he doesn't make mistakes, but every player does (for example, Kyogo has missed some sitters but we live him). He has also made some vital saves for us to secure victories.

I remember when he first broke into our side Sportscene did an interesting piece on how his excellent footwork and distribution under pressure was a key component in how Celtic could beat a high press (I know - it is hard to believe that the BBC did a positive piece on Celtic!!!!).

Also, Bain was robbed of setting a record for longest run without conceding a goal by the cheating unsportsmanship of Motherwell in Rodgers last match before his midnight flit.

I think Bain is a good back-up goalie who we can rely on if needed. Siegrist can push Hart so hope he has overcome his injury woes.

I think Hart gets a wee bit too much stick from some fans - we do play a very high risk/high return adventurous style of football which does expose our defence at times so any error looks calamitous. That is not to say he doesn't make mistakes, but every player does (for example, Kyogo has missed some sitters but we live him). He has also made some vital saves for us to secure victories.
Very true about Hart, he doesn't get enough credit for his contributions.
Made some great saves in the cup derbies recently at really important times

Very true about Hart, he doesn't get enough credit for his contributions.
Made some great saves in the cup derbies recently at really important times
Itā€™s not just about the saves he makes, he marshals the defence, constantly shouting, organising players, no doubt one of the teams great unsung heroes, truly gets what playing for Celtic is aw aboot, has played at the highest lvl, totally enjoying this swan song in the last few years of his career, probably thought his days of winning cups and playing in the champions league were overā€¦ā€¦..

Members online

Latest posts

Back