A story of Scottishness

DILLIGAF

About twenty years ago, I knew a bunch of Scottish & English guys, who used to drink in one of our local pubs of an evening and unbeknownst to me, they played a scrimmage football game, once a week
One of the English guys (a cockney) was a barber, so I used to give him my custom & got to know him a wee bit
He mentioned said 'kickabout' and said "We play football every week, it's England v Scotland, You should come out and bring your boots"
I thanked him for the offer, but said "No thanks mate, appreciate it, but I hung up my boots years ago, but thanks anyway"(I was in my mid forties) but I had kept myself in good shape
Anyway, I decided to go along on the night of the 'game' to see what calibre of football we were talking about, if it was calm enough, I might be tempted to strap the boots on agan, just for the exercise
I knew from experience & playing 'over 30's' many years before, that there were too many guys out there, still trying to play, as if it's a World Cup and that's when others get injured...No thanks
So, I am watching and notice that all the players on one team, are wearing England strips, shorts, socks, shirts, the lot (thought it was just a bit of fun
The other team, comprised of a rag tag mix of older (than me) Scottish, Canadian & a host of others, were like the 'Alf Tupper (The tough of the track) Squad'
Some of whom had never played and were jjust out for a bit of exercise
So, I'm watching these 'Morris Dancers' (you know where this is going eh ?)
They played for about an hour and 'England' banged in goal after goal, each one heartily celebrated, as if it was the FA Cup Final, by these knobs...again...you can tell my temperature was rising at witnessing this
Had a beer at the end of the game and a kid who had scored about 5 goals spoke to me, he was on holiday and was in the youth set up at an Enlish pro club
So, next week, it's the same thing, I went along to watch and then...it happened...
The 'Cockney' who was shite at fitba, by the way, but figured that he was David Beckham against the opposition, walked across the field pre game and stuck a big England flag, in the centre circle
I said "OK boys, see you later, might bring my boots next week (I didn't stick around to watch as I couldn't be bothered with all the 'celebrations after each goal)
I shouted, "I might bring a couple of players out next if that's OK"
"Yeah sure, great..."
Following week, I show up with a couple of Scottish mates who played Junior back in the day,
In their late thirties, but still pretty fit
As well as I had brought a box of Navy blue t shirts, with Scotland on the front and 'My two favourite teams are Scotland...and whoever England is playing..." on the back
Handed them out to all the boys on our team
You could just feel the blood rising as they put them on ;-)
Wee team talk prior 'A la Braveheart'
The Canadians played hockey so didn't mind the rough stuff, they were told who to mark and I said..."Win the first tackle, go in hard, no prisoners..."
They were up for it
I said "The wee guy over there...he's mine" One big Jozo tackle and the boy never looked for the ball again ;P
It was a fun night, as we hammered them, they never got a sniff and over the next 7-8 weeks, we beat them every game
Some of their 'superstars' stopped coming out, wonder why ?
Their 'team' wouldn't even come for a beer to the pub afterwards GIRFUY
The Canadian boys loved it and said "Man, that was so good beating those bastards"
Ha Ha
The fire burns deep at times, especially when they're taking the piss and I will gladly watch England lose to anyone, at anything
Nice wee memory jog there
Mon the Scotland !!!
HH

Last edited:
About twenty years ago, I met a bunch of Scottish guys, English guys who used to drink in one of our local pubs of an eveningOne night, one of the English guys suggested that they should get together and kick a ball about at a local park
One of the English guys (a cockney) was a barber, so I used to give him my custom & got to know him a wee bit
He mentioned said 'kickabout' and said "You should come out and bring your boots, it's England v Scotland"
"No mate, appreciate it but I hung up my boots years ago , but thanks anyway"(I was in my mid forties) but I kept myself in good shape
Anyway, I decided to go along on the nightof the 'game' to see what calibre of football we were talking about
Too many guys out there, still trying to play as if it's a World Cup and that's when others get injured...No thanks
So, I am watching and notcie that all the players on one team are wearing England strips, short, socks, shirts, the lot
The other team, comprised of a rag tag mix of older (than me) Scottish, Canadian & a host of others, were like the 'Alf Tupper (The tough of the track) Squad'
Played for about an hour and banged in goal after goal, each one heartily celebrated as ifit was the FA Cup Final, by these knobs...again...you can tell my temperature was rising at witnessing this
Had a beer at the end of the game and a kid who had scored about 5 goals spoke to me, he was on holiday and was in the youth set up at an Enlish pro club
So, next week, it's the same thing, I went along to watch and then...it happened...
The 'Cockney' who was shite at fitba, by the way, but figured that he was David Beckham against the opposition, walked across the field pre game and stuck a big England flag, in the centre circle
I said "OK boys, see you later, might bring my boots next week (I didn't stick around to watch as I couldn't be bothered with all the 'celebrations after each goal)
"Yeah sure, great..."
Following week, I show up with a couple of Scottish mates who played Junior back in the day
In their late thrities but still pretty fit
As well as I has Navy blue t shirts with Scotland on the front and 'My two favourite teams are Scotland...and whoever Englad is playing..."
The Canadians played hockey so didn't mind the roguh stuff, they were told who to mark and I said..."Win the first tackle, go in hard, no prisoners..."
They were up for it
I said "The wee guy over there...he's mine" One big Jozo tackle and the boy never looked for the ball again ;P
It was a fun night, as we hammered them, they never got a sniff and over the next 7-8 weeks, we beat them every game
The Canadian boys loved it and said "Man, that was so good beating those bastards"
Ha Ha
The fire burns deep at times, especially when they're taking the piss and I will gladly watch England lose to anyone, at anything
Mon the Scotland !!!
HH

Nice one, Dill. (y)

About twenty years ago, I met a bunch of Scottish guys, English guys who used to drink in one of our local pubs of an eveningOne night, one of the English guys suggested that they should get together and kick a ball about at a local park
He mentioned said 'kickabout' and said "You should come out and bring your boots, it's England v Scotland"
"No mate, appreciate it but I hung up my boots years ago , but thanks anyway"(I was in my mid forties) but I kept myself in good shape
Anyway, I decided to go along on the nightof the 'game' to see what calibre of football we were talking about
Too many guys out there, still trying to play as if it's a World Cup and that's when others get injured...No thanks
So, I am watching and notcie that all the players on one team are wearing England strips, short, socks, shirts, the lot
Played for about an hour and banged in goal after goal, each one heartily celebrated as ifit was the FA Cup Final, by these knobs...again...you can tell my temperature was rising at witnessing this
"Yeah sure, great..."
Following week, I show up with a couple of Scottish mates who played Junior back in the day
As well as I has Navy blue t shirts with Scotland on the front and 'My two favourite teams are Scotland...and whoever Englad is playing..."
The Canadians played hockey so didn't mind the roguh stuff, they were told who to mark and I said..."Win the first tackle, go in hard, no prisoners..."
They were up for it
Ha Ha
Mon the Scotland !!!
HH
Hahahahahaha f** it, Dil, get back over here and lead us to FREEEEDOOOOMMMM!!!

Bring the Canucks as well and maple syrup and Ricky, julian and bubbles.

Bring Justin Troudeau as well

"Yeah sure, great..."
They were up for it
Ha Ha
Mon the Scotland !!!
HH

Good on ye pal.

About twenty years ago, I knew a bunch of Scottish & English guys, who used to drink in one of our local pubs of an evening
He mentioned said 'kickabout' and said "We play football every week, it's England v Scotland, You should come out and bring your boots"
I thanked him for the offer, but said "No thanks mate, appreciate it, but I hung up my boots years ago, but thanks anyway"(I was in my mid forties) but I had kept myself in good shape
Anyway, I decided to go along on the nightof the 'game' to see what calibre of football ,we were talking about, if it was calm enough, I might be tempted to strap the boots on agan, just for the exercise
I knew from playing 'over 30's' that there were too many guys out there, still trying to play, as if it's a World Cup and that's when others get injured...No thanks
So, I am watching and notice that all the players on one team, are wearing England strips, short, socks, shirts, the lot (thought it was just a bit of fun

"Yeah sure, great..."
They were up for it
Ha Ha
Mon the Scotland !!!
HH

About twenty years ago, I knew a bunch of Scottish & English guys, who used to drink in one of our local pubs of an evening
Anyway, I decided to go along on the nightof the 'game' to see what calibre of football ,we were talking about, if it was calm enough, I might be tempted to strap the boots on agan, just for the exercise
I knew from playing 'over 30's' that there were too many guys out there, still trying to play, as if it's a World Cup and that's when others get injured...No thanks
So, I am watching and notice that all the players on one team, are wearing England strips, short, socks, shirts, the lot (thought it was just a bit of fun

"Yeah sure, great..."
They were up for it
Ha Ha
Mon the Scotland !!!
HH
feckin love it DILLIGAF! it's the arrogance that phux them everytime! HH

Yer right Dill sometimes you dont notice them in their camoflauge

View attachment 3348
And here, hidden in it's natural habitat, we see the commonly-spotted blue tit.

It is better not to alert it with sudden movements as it has a fear of predators, such as the lesser-spotted bar of soap and the fearsome Hector.

It is a scavenger and feeds on scraps and dregs of fortified wine, it has a natural aversion to reality and communicates through a series of grunts, farts and whistles.

Avoid this creature at all costs.......it has an endless supply of toxic bile which it spews repeatedly.

It is better not to alert it with sudden movements as it has a fear of predators, such as the lesser-spotted bar of soap and the fearsome Hector.

It is a scavenger and feeds on scraps and dregs of fortified wine, it has a natural aversion to reality and communicates through a series of grunts, farts and whistles.

Avoid this creature at all costs.......it has an endless supply of toxic bile which it spews repeatedly.

Peach ???

Even David Attenborough couldn't identify that particular genus of the species.

It was easy to get the t shirts done, as I ran a silkscreen business
Some of the fan favourites were:
The Scottish Girls Kick Ass were V Necks & in black, or white
Popular among the lassies
Anyway, a nice wee memory, they can't take away ;-)
Have a great weekend everyone

Attachments

• SCOTLAND t.jpg
    SCOTLAND t.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2
  • Scottish t half Irish half Scottish .jpg
    Scottish t half Irish half Scottish .jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Scottish Girls Kick Ass .jpg
    Scottish Girls Kick Ass .jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Scottish Girls V neck White t.jpg
    Scottish Girls V neck White t.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
About twenty years ago, I knew a bunch of Scottish & English guys, who used to drink in one of our local pubs of an evening and unbeknownst to me, they played a scrimmage football game, once a week
Anyway, I decided to go along on the night of the 'game' to see what calibre of football we were talking about, if it was calm enough, I might be tempted to strap the boots on agan, just for the exercise
I knew from experience & playing 'over 30's' many years before, that there were too many guys out there, still trying to play, as if it's a World Cup and that's when others get injured...No thanks
So, I am watching and notice that all the players on one team, are wearing England strips, shorts, socks, shirts, the lot (thought it was just a bit of fun
They played for about an hour and 'England' banged in goal after goal, each one heartily celebrated, as if it was the FA Cup Final, by these knobs...again...you can tell my temperature was rising at witnessing this
"Yeah sure, great..."
Following week, I show up with a couple of Scottish mates who played Junior back in the day,
In their late thirties, but still pretty fit
As well as I had brought a box of Navy blue t shirts, with Scotland on the front and 'My two favourite teams are Scotland...and whoever England is playing..." on the back
You could just feel the blood rising as they put them on ;-)
The Canadians played hockey so didn't mind the rough stuff, they were told who to mark and I said..."Win the first tackle, go in hard, no prisoners..."
They were up for it
Ha Ha
Mon the Scotland !!!
HH
That’s actually a big story

Back