A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Whilst the Club World Cup might not be as important as FIFA might've hoped it to be ( anyone know it was happening?),
its still a major shock to see Saudi Arabian side Al Hilal book their place in the final at the expense of Brazilian giants and CONMEBOLs Copa Libertadores champions Flamenco 3-2.

Al Hilal will play Egyptians Al Ahly or Real Madrid in the final

History made as Al-Hilal stun 10-man Flamengo to reach CWC final via @OneFootball.

I read recently that Chelsea are getting around the rules by signing players on 9 year contracts.
They've spent £600 million + since 2022 takeover more than the other top 4 leagues combined.

So much so that Aubameyang has been left out of their Champions league knock out stages squad .

Chelsea have just spent £300 million + in the January transfer window

Chelsea backed to ‘drastically improve’ next season after Graham Potter’s £300m+ January transfer spend via @OneFootball.

Aye Stevie - that loophole has already been closed off. Essentially they were able to spread the huge cost of their transfers over the entire length of the contract so it was a manageable amount for an individual year. This has now been limited to a maximum of 5 years for a player's transfer.
Even with that, the money machine rolls on . 💰

Chelsea hope to beat £40m a year deal with new shirt sponsors via @OneFootball.

I know it's been covered already but again, in the cold light of day , Broony taking Fleetwood Town to the last 16 of the best and toughest ( in my book) domestic cup competition in the world the F.A Cup at this stage in his managerial career is nothing short of outstanding.

Way to go the Broony , only way is up

A chance for big Fraser Forster to
step up and show he has always had what it takes.

Spurs bought big Fraser for a reason and now he will get his opportunity to shine instead of being scapegoat for lacklustre Southamptons dodgy relegation battling defence .

Good luck big yin

Hugo Lloris out for at least six weeks due to 'ligament damage' via @OneFootball.

328103995_567073422145436_17607209563924901_n.jpg

Did any of the rest of you have the Celtic strip for your Action Man? I remember as a youngster in the 1970s going upstairs to the toy section in Macari's newsagents in Forfar (Lou Macari's cousin I seem to remember) to buy this. I stuck the badge on my Celtic scarf.

celtic-action-man.jpg

I see Nisbet beat Mooy for the January Player of the Month - I guess his 6 goals for Hibs means you can argue he was more deserving. But the Tynecastle Tramp, Jobbie Neilson, winning the Manager of the Month? What a fecking joke!
That’s his reward for laying doon to his sevvie big brothers…..again and again and again.
Celtic unbeatable and scoring for fun while conceding mostly penalties.
How could Stig o the Dump possibly win Manager of the Month over Ange?

Bit cheezy this wan...

Aye, I remember them being sold at the stadium, there was a few flavours, Huns had their oan versions too, Aye ready salted, cheating cheese and onion, etc

Had to laugh at this, Barkas makes fine save of a penalty an I'm thinking well done, but oh wait...

Aye, wee sis lives in Rotterdam says Big Barkas has been on fine form this season with his FC Utrecht 7th in the Lge 7pts off a Euro spot.

Members online

Back