A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

On a more serious note, the price of fuel just filled lorry up, £2,257.91(300gal) 👀😡🤬😡
Cost at this time last year for a full fill £1,500, no wonder price of everything going up, fuel price in this Country a joke, if boys need to fill up when over in Holland, estimated cost £725.92(150gal)

Lorry going from Dumbarton to Bournemouth to Hull ferry to Rotterdam/Amsterdam/Rotterdam -Hull via Bournemouth to Dumbarton, 1,800 miles all in.

Fuel increase alone adding a £550 per trip 4 trips a month nearly £2,100 to the contract. No wonder the Hualage Industry is fucked 😡🤬😡
Is there much fuel checking over there by customs?
They have to bring in diesel dipper teams from England or Scotland to check here as it might be somewhat 'unhealthy' for locally-recruited dippers.
You'd save about 70p a litre on the Ribena.
Maybe not suitable for commercial but deffo regular drivers if they're not out dipping regularly. 5 gallon drum and a flexi pipe filled at any semi-rural filling station where farmers will be coming to get red for their tractors.

Is there much fuel checking over there by customs?
They have to bring in diesel dipper teams from England or Scotland to check here as it might be somewhat 'unhealthy' for locally-recruited dippers.
You'd save about 70p a litre on the Ribena.
Maybe not suitable for commercial but deffo regular drivers if they're not out dipping regularly. 5 gallon drum and a flexi pipe filled at any semi-rural filling station where farmers will be coming to get red for their tractors.

No Ribena, regularly dipped here, not so much on continental trip, Can claim VAT back on fuel, taco, plus yearly fuel account figures are enough. Dutch company I work with are very good & will top lorry up at their end, so keeps price down. Even they're complaining about increasing costs of materials.

Don’t need to dips trucks now with them having the glass bowl filter next to the tanks

Lorry has an auxiliary tank since it's an adaptation (was on it when I bought it) reg gets it dipped. A lot of older lorries don't have the modern tank on them. So most likely ferry at terminal you get a DVSA Check see the dippers especially Hull.

Last edited:
Lorry has an auxiliary tank since it's an adaptation (was on it when I bought it) reg gets it dipped. A lot of older lorries don't have the modern tank on them. So most likely ferry at terminal you get a DVSA Check see the dippers especially Hull.
Is there much dipping of regular cars in Scotland?
You get a fair bit here where they'll just set up checkpoints on main roads and I've even seen them go up to parked vehicles at Lidl etc.

Is there much dipping of regular cars in Scotland?
You get a fair bit here where they'll just set up checkpoints on main roads and I've even seen them go up to parked vehicles at Lidl etc.

What I see locally a lot of diesel taxis & cars so usually 2/3 times a year down this way. A lot of the taxis run on the ribena here, so when checks are about. The Jungle telegraph alerts everyone, just before covid they got 100+ over 3 days. Were here last month couldn't get a fuckin taxi for 30min, half them off the road. 😂😂😂

Into 2nd week of hols out here in sunny Majorca and a fair bit of reminiscing being done about holidays of old.
My mother in law telling stories of being out here in the 70’s with Bobby Murdoch, Archie Gemmill and Davie Provan to name but 3, they were all friends of my wife’s dad, and her mums dad was a pro baller as well in his day, Tom Jennings.
She was telling us of kick abouts with the locals, musta been 4 or 5 internationals playing on blaze, some wi no shoes on she says😂
Musta been a helluva sight 😍

Aye, was hoping too get over for a weekend in Dublin & Scotland game with Mrs, thought it would be flights that would let us down. No, hurt knee the other day, got x-rayed on Wed, gets phone call this morning from Doc to go up local Hosp for knee brace, explained I've already got one, OK stick it on & come down to surgery for a couple of injections. Complete rest with leg up for 48hrs. Managed to sell flights to a mate, hotel will refund money/vouchers for hotels they have in Scotland, so long weekend Pitlochry in a couple of weeks. Buy I WOULD RATHER BE IN DUBLIN😪😪

Aye, was hoping too get over for a weekend in Dublin & Scotland game with Mrs, thought it would be flights that would let us down. No, hurt knee the other day, got x-rayed on Wed, gets phone call this morning from Doc to go up local Hosp for knee brace, explained I've already got one, OK stick it on & come down to surgery for a couple of injections. Complete rest with leg up for 48hrs. Managed to sell flights to a mate, hotel will refund money/vouchers for hotels they have in Scotland, so long weekend Pitlochry in a couple of weeks. Buy I WOULD RATHER BE IN DUBLIN😪😪
That's a real shame TT - especially as the Jocks are going to give the Irish a right hammering 😏. I've knackered my knee far too many times and it isn't good. Much as I love a long weekend in Pitlochry (especially if the Enchanted Forest is on) I too would rather be in Dublin enjoying the fitba. Take care and hopefully it gets better soon.

That's a real shame TT - especially as the Jocks are going to give the Irish a right hammering 😏. I've knackered my knee far too many times and it isn't good. Much as I love a long weekend in Pitlochry (especially if the Enchanted Forest is on) I too would rather be in Dublin enjoying the fitba. Take care and hopefully it gets better soon.

Thanks. Ach, I'm supposed to wear a knee brace on it, but find it uncomfortable & restricting especially when getting on & of Lorry. My own fault, but on a promise from the wife for weekend away, too QUOTE her "Remember the fun we had in Pitlochry the last time, how about a repeat" Aye but it's 4 days this time. "Oh, good" 🤔.....😳😋😂😂

Possibly the weight of your feet has worn out your knees? 🤔

Possibly the weight of your feet has worn out your knees? 🤔

Aye mibbie, more like refusing to wear kneepads when I was an apprentice & later as an Electrical Engineer, lately jumping on & off the back of the lorry, thinking I'm still a youngster, In my mind I am, but the body isn't. Just auld age catching up on me mate, mind you I do have size 13 feet 😂😂

Aye mibbie, more like refusing to wear kneepads when I was an apprentice & later as an Electrical Engineer, lately jumping on & off the back of the lorry, thinking I'm still a youngster, In my mind I am, but the body isn't. Just auld age catching up on me mate, mind you I do have size 13 feet 😂😂
Another Sasquach!! I thought it was only Bridie!

Kneepads are a godsend! couple of years ago I was rebuilding an old burnt out flat, dropped down onto my knees to do something and heard a fairly loud pop, one of those old school rusty carpet tacks embedded in my kneepad. I still get shivers thinking about if I'd gone kneepadless that day, big rusty tack through the kneecap!! 🙀

I’ve always got ma knee pads in ma workies trousers, every pair as it’s aine knee pads, never take them out, just go in the washing machine along with the trousers, as a jiner you’d be amazed how much yir oan yir knees, I always make the apprentices wear them 👍

Back