A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

I don't know if anyone was paying attention to the conference league last week but fkn Victoria Plzen got the 0-0 draw at home to Fiorentina , which is enough to mean that after the upcoming new Champions league Scottish champions aka Celtic will be back to qualifying for the champions league.
The Czechs only needed a draw from one of the two legs so even if they get whipped 10-0 in Florence means nothing we've lost our automatic place.
Hopefully we will only have to play one qualifier but we have lost the guaranteed spot. We got 4 pts in our group but too little too late
I thought this kicked in the following season? If that is the case, then we would be fine next season, but then it is back to 2 qualifiers starting in the 2nd week of July and refusing to buy players until after the qualifiers again.

Found this BB seems to suggest that it's the season after this one so we'll have one more automatic entry

C&P'd snippet from tinterweb

Scotland to lose Champions League automatic spot after Czech Republic take top-10 coefficient spot. Scotland will lose their automatic Champions League spot from 2025 after dropping out of UEFA's top 10 coefficient rankings on Thursday.5 days ago

Think we're saying same thing?

personally I'd rather see Dortmund win the champions league than any of the others , even if my characters have turned italic 🤔
Strongly dislike PSG, Real too greedy with this cup, city have bought it last year and arsenal will probably hibs it , Bayern multiple winners as well
Mon the Dortmund

Ah back to times new roman 🙄
Mon the Dortmund

Madrid pressing city really high up the field first 5 minutes reminds me of how we struggle at times when teams don't let us play out from the back, we're good at the high press as well though

Hahahaaland hits bar, one good thing about Madrid team is Lunin in goal means the board canny bullshit the slightly more gullible Tim's of nonsense leaked bullshit that were interested in him, us and every other club in the world

Recent times has seen me lose almost all interest in the champions league Celtic involment aside but I have to admit all 4 quarter finals this season have been excellent and that's shirley got to be down to ditching the away goals rule

Dundee 0-0 sevco ht , 5 minutes added time onto the first half , my brother keeping me u to date.
Said even Kenny astronaut Miller couldn't understand where 5 mins came from , and those 5 minutes became 6 , Sally would be unsurprised by that shhhurlay

Dundee 0-0 sevco ht , 5 minutes added time onto the first half , my brother keeping me u to date.
Said even Kenny astronaut Miller couldn't understand where 5 mins came from , and those 5 minutes became 6 , Sally would be unsurprised by that shhhurlay
Watching it on the stick, but it keeps buffering, and both teams are woeful but the Huns are getting every decision

Probably just a post that will interest our accountants (so just STG & TET then).

Just to give you an indication as to how fecked the sport is and skewed towards the EPL (you know, the bestest league in the world which only managed 1 semi-finalist in the 3rd tier European competition thanks to a penalty shoot-out, during which Aston Villa's game-winning keeper received his second booking - but this does NOT result in a red card as bookings get wiped before the shoot-out).

Notts Forest have almost as big a net spend over the last 10 years as Real Madrid! Crystal Palace & Bournemouth have a higher net spend than both Real Madrid & Bayern Munich.

Highest Net Spending (2014-2023)
  1. Manchester United minus €1,396m
  2. Chelsea minus €1,033m
  3. Paris St-Germain minus €1,010m
  4. Arsenal minus €872m
  5. Manchester City minus €856m
  6. Newcastle United minus €671m
  7. Barcelona minus €663m
  8. Tottenham minus €609m
  9. AC Milan minus €545m
  10. West Ham minus €526m
  11. Aston Villa minus €486m
  12. Liverpool minus €462m
  13. Al-Hilal minus €457m
  14. Juventus minus €449m
  15. Everton minus €391m
  16. Crystal Palace minus €376m
  17. Bournemouth minus €344m
  18. Bayern Munich minus €343m
  19. Real Madrid minus €325m
  20. Nottingham Forest minus €310m
  21. Wolverhampton Wanderers minus €300m
  22. Fulham minus €297m
  23. Leeds Utd minus €271m
  24. Internazionale (Inter Milan) minus €259m
  25. Olympic Marseille minus €225m
  26. Napoli minus €217m
  27. Burnley minus €202m
  28. VfL Wolfsburg minus €195m
  29. Atlético Madrid minus €195m
  30. Leicester City minus €179m
Celtic plus €33m
Sevco minus €15m *

Stats from CIES Football Observatory Monthly Report

* The sevco figure is not as bad as expected thanks mainly to them somehow shafting Ajax for €23m for Calvin Bassey and them claiming €14m for Nathan Patterson from Everton (stop sniggering - it is true). But it has proven to be a very successful strategy for them as they have managed to win 55 league titles in only 12 years of existence!

Members online

Latest posts

Back