A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

i saw the great man in lisbon 2018
managed to get 3rd from front rown seats

american utopia - if you love music and theatre, find it...the mans different

i was in a now gone music shop in greenock about 20 years ago and saw the stop making sense DVD for a £5. i bought it because of the big suit guy on the cover and remembering being a kid my dad watching it and over and over, the best £5 i ever spent, only i had to do it several times over time as pals kept stealing it
Nostalgia indeed mate pictured myself in Rythmic Records in the town many moons ago.
Not just a music shop where you could get the newest releases, collectors items and concert tickets but a meeting point for many pals also. Alot of hearts were broken when that shop shut down. Great memories Glove ...cheers for that.🎵👍

Nostalgia indeed mate pictured myself in Rythmic Records in the town many moons ago.
Not just a music shop where you could get the newest releases, collectors items and concert tickets but a meeting point for many pals also. Alot of hearts were broken when that shop shut down. Great memories Glove ...cheers for that.🎵👍
great shout and spot Henrik, i canni remember typing that to be honest................ funny that i'm half pished again and came on here looking for nostalgia ...and a place to talk shite to myself

hope your ok and you and mrs over covid, meant to message you...... memorys hazy, was it the blackpool soul weekend you were at ?
get yourself doon to the broomy soul night (the watering hole of my and Dills mispent youth), its brim and deuce that run the show.. the music makes up for the surroundings.
i miss my soul nights, just got to wait another 10 years till the girls are at least 16 and that'll be their introduction to pond life...i always make a point of asking a DJ at a Soul night if he has any Oasis records......i find it amusing....

oh aye so rythmic,
billy cornfield and big ian owned that piece of local history....

I mind being in there about 20 years ago....holding the pistols never mind the bollox' CD, a voice in my ear 'don't think twice son, buy it, but do yourself a favour and don't listen to it until you can hear it at full volume, then you'll get the pistols...' it was my uncle who grew up through the punk era
funnily i was going through the loft looking for that deid body i lost and came across my CD collection, there was the pistols CD, still in it wrapper

downloads killed that...
to be fair, cd's killed vinyl and mp3's killed the listening experience of music,

neil young said it best, 'an mp3 is a compressed file, you get 5% of the data, so experience 5% of the quality of the recording.... it's like going in a bath, putting on a vinyl record and listening to it while lying beneath the surface of the water.....

vinyl is making a comeback, slowly building momentum.....

to think the kids of today have never heard the depth in a vinyl record nor held/read an album sleeve..... imagine never having experienced going to sleep with only a floyd lp for company

anyhow thats tonights rant over...hopefully that glove cunt doesnt read and delete this when he's back on shift

my old bhoy had these 2 songs on vinyl

great shout and spot Henrik, i canni remember typing that to be honest................ funny that i'm half pished again and came on here looking for nostalgia ...and a place to talk shite to myself

hope your ok and you and mrs over covid, meant to message you...... memorys hazy, was it the blackpool soul weekend you were at ?
get yourself doon to the broomy soul night (the watering hole of my and Dills mispent youth), its brim and deuce that run the show.. the music makes up for the surroundings.
i miss my soul nights, just got to wait another 10 years till the girls are at least 16 and that'll be their introduction to pond life...i always make a point of asking a DJ at a Soul night if he has any Oasis records......i find it amusing....
Cheers G-love we've recovered from Covid in time to attend big family wedding taking place doon the waater today in St Mary's
My Sister is over from America along with all my brothers and sisters will see the return of the Magnificent 7 getting together again.
Should be good for the soul . 👍🍀

Back