A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

Deep breath!!!!….ford Kieran,lulu,Riki Fulton,charlesRennie mackintosh,jimmy logan,William miller(wee Willie winkie)….alex Rae🤢David farrell,,Tommy smith,…🙏stevie charmers🙏…come ahead bams!,dennistoun bhoys…
Quite impressive, Esp; thing is though, you've missed THE most impressive individual ever to grace Ally Parade....my very own Aphrodite..... A Sannox Gardens lassie.

So for that reason, well, mibbe you make the split .

They were on the verge of making it big, Bridie. I think it was channel four that showed a documentary on them. Unfortunately, ( although they themselves would disagree with this ) their overt left-leaning politics came very obviously to the fore. It's argued, rightly or wrongly, that this was a major road block for them.

The name Scheme was derived from working class housing schemes such as Easterhouse, for example.

Even after disbanding they could get together for a one-off gig and fill Glasgow's Pavilion Theatre. They were very popular.
That's practically exactly how I understood the situation to be with scheme Frank.
The 'Black and Whites' albumn they somehow got out is up there with my list of best albums ever, simply no tracks i dont love on it.
Scheme at the time ( of which they were way ahead of) , they were at a time when music was still censored.
FGTH's Relax was banned at first.
So much of that album's lyrics are directed at Reagan and Thatcher , war, and record labels wouldn't sign such a politically outspoken band that had already a huge following in Glasgow.
That's how i remember it explained to young me, outside political pressure not to give this band a platform and contract.

The song 'Only a Cowboy ' about Reagan and the lyrics in it are genius because they spoke the truth " only a B- movie actor" is a terrific line.
For those unfamiliar with Scheme I'd highly recommend the Black and Whites album it's as relevant today as it was then.

Yip, Glasgow's second best place tae be. Govan Team Ya Bass. It's close, but Govan wins by virtue of the fact that we have Rab C. AND.... we used Tae send the Govan lassies Tae sort oot The Tongs. Cheeky upstarts.
Sooside Cumbie has entered the chat, 😅 ( coming oot the brand new buildings)
Same streets though , I hear thing are looking up in Govan technologically, they've nearly built a bridge ower the Clyde to Partick.
The locals are delighted, on the south side, still unconvinced on the Partick side 🤣

That's practically exactly how I understood the situation to be with scheme Frank.
The 'Black and Whites' albumn they somehow got out is up there with my list of best albums ever, simply no tracks i dont love on it.
Scheme at the time ( of which they were way ahead of) , they were at a time when music was still censored.
FGTH's Relax was banned at first.
So much of that album's lyrics are directed at Reagan and Thatcher , war, and record labels wouldn't sign such a politically outspoken band that had already a huge following in Glasgow.
That's how i remember it explained to young me, outside political pressure not to give this band a platform and contract.

The song 'Only a Cowboy ' about Reagan and the lyrics in it are genius because they spoke the truth " only a B- movie actor" is a terrific line.
For those unfamiliar with Scheme I'd highly recommend the Black and Whites album it's as relevant today as it was then.
Thanks Winter. I just checked and they are on Amazon music so I"ll give them a listen over the next few weeks.

Members online

Latest posts

Back