A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

Loved CREAM (Clapton, Bruce and Ginger Baker) had their albums, along with Black Sabbath and a few other albums, when I was 15 - 16, takes me back to when I was winching lol
Ginger Baker was in Hawkwind for a wee while tae. He is the drummer on the album Levitation.
Apparently he’s a difficult guy to get on with and he only lasted that one album.

Sorry to hear that Frank , what a band scheme were, they packed out the pavilion many times, I grew up with scheme and ganja
It was actually something of a very pleasant surprise to see your post , Winter. Seeing Desi in the accompanying vid was one of those very special and unexpected surprises life can occasionally spring on you; a terrific reminder of Desi, and of his contribution to the pleasure Scheme gave to their cult-like following.

A life well lived.

I had never heard of Scheme before. That was a really good song. I had to look them up and saw they were massive in Glasgow but only released a handful of songs on an indie label.

There have been a lot of brilliant Scottish acts over the years that have never received the recognition their talents deserved.

Sorry to hear about your nephew's sad passing, Frank.

Thanks for sharing.

I had never heard of Scheme before. That was a really good song. I had to look them up and saw they were massive in Glasgow but only released a handful of songs on an indie label.

There have been a lot of brilliant Scottish acts over the years that have never received the recognition their talents deserved.

Thanks for sharing.
That’s pretty much what I was gonna post BB. I have never heard o Scheme before today.
Another Glasgow band that should’ve went on to greatness were Gun. Saw them at the first T in the Park and they were fantastic.

Thanks for sharing.
They were on the verge of making it big, Bridie. I think it was channel four that showed a documentary on them. Unfortunately, ( although they themselves would disagree with this ) their overt left-leaning politics came very obviously to the fore. It's argued, rightly or wrongly, that this was a major road block for them.

The name Scheme was derived from working class housing schemes such as Easterhouse, for example.

Even after disbanding they could get together for a one-off gig and fill Glasgow's Pavilion Theatre. They were very popular.

Diana Ross night tonight on beeb 2. She might not be everyones cup of tea but by god she's been around a long time, and always looked tidy.
Hard to pick from her vast catalogue, but this is one of her early ones with The Supremes...#

Her set a few years ago at Glastonbury was really woeful and I think some singers should realise when it's time to give up.

I loved her and the Supremes as well as a lot of Motown stuff.

That’s pretty much what I was gonna post BB. I have never heard o Scheme before today.
Another Glasgow band that should’ve went on to greatness were Gun. Saw them at the first T in the Park and they were fantastic.
I loved Gun. Unbelievably I have never seen them live yet. Me and my pals did have tickets for them supporting Texas at Fat Sams in the summer of 1989. Unfortunately when we were having a few pre-gig pints in the Old Bank Bar, my pal got absolutely battered in the bogs for no reason by a ned. So we ended up at the DRI getting him stitched up and missed the concert.

Got to see a CREAM tribute band when we were in Edinburgh a while back, Dill; a tribute band with a difference, though. The sons of Bruce and Baker, and the nephew of Clapton. Absolutely brilliant.
That must have been fantastic pal, now I've got 'Sunshine of your love' running through me head ;-)
hope you and your lovely wife have a great week YNWA

I loved Gun. Unbelievably I have never seen them live yet. Me and my pals did have tickets for them supporting Texas at Fat Sams in the summer of 1989. Unfortunately when we were having a few pre-gig pints in the Old Bank Bar, my pal got absolutely battered in the bogs for no reason by a ned. So we ended up at the DRI getting him stitched up and missed the concert.
Calton boys!

Back