A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

I loved Gun. Unbelievably I have never seen them live yet. Me and my pals did have tickets for them supporting Texas at Fat Sams in the summer of 1989. Unfortunately when we were having a few pre-gig pints in the Old Bank Bar, my pal got absolutely battered in the bogs for no reason by a ned. So we ended up at the DRI getting him stitched up and missed the concert.
BB the song that got them started. Ever wonder why they called one of their albums Swagger, check their intro.

We gave you GUN and Tommy Burns what else you wanting. Oh wait we gave you Celtic FC 1887 and Walfrid. Tongs ya bass. :cool:
I love The Calton, Boab. Many many good mates from there throughout the sixties and seventies. Was there as recently as January at Saint Alphonsus, sadly attending a requiem mass for one of them. A special place loaded with special People. Full of character AND characters!

I love The Calton, Boab. Many many good mates from there throughout the sixties and seventies. Was there as recently as January at Saint Alphonsus, sadly attending a requiem mass for one of them. A special place loaded with special People. Full of character AND characters!
Defo Frank they threw away the mould when they created it. Gallowgate, Barrowland, Barras and plenty of history. Nice wee read for you below and of interest as the story develops,.

Defo Frank they threw away the mould when they created it. Gallowgate, Barrowland, Barras and plenty of history. Nice wee read for you below and of interest as the story develops,.
I thought I'd read all of O' Hagan's books, Boab. The last one bein' Mayflies; his best in my opinion. I'll definitely look for that one. I know he has a new one out soon, too. A Glasgow boy who moved to Ayrshire and experienced the trials and tribulations of west of Scotland working class life and its attendant baggage.
I love his writing: very easy to relate to.
Thanks for that.

Last edited:
I thought I'd read all of O' Hagan's books, Boab. The last one bein' Mayflies; his best in my opinion. I'll definitely look for that one. I know he has a new one out soon, too. A Glasgow boy who moved to Ayrshire and experienced the trials and tribulations of west of Scotland working class life and its attendant baggage.
I love his writing: very easy to relate to.
Thanks for that.

I'll get hauners aff a STG and Dill 😂
I'll haud the jaikits

Right, enough of the square go's...this is a great song by a true TIM, was surprised to find out he was from Glesga when I first heard it on the radio in the car...I love this track, hope he gets the help he needs for challenges LEWIS...YNWA

Members online

Latest posts

Back