A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

I loved Gun. Unbelievably I have never seen them live yet. Me and my pals did have tickets for them supporting Texas at Fat Sams in the summer of 1989. Unfortunately when we were having a few pre-gig pints in the Old Bank Bar, my pal got absolutely battered in the bogs for no reason by a ned. So we ended up at the DRI getting him stitched up and missed the concert.
Here’s a clip from 1994 Gun performing live on MTV. The presenter Ray Coke is a total Bawbag but it’s a great live performance from Gun. Don’t say it’s Over and Word Up.

I remember going into a cafe in the 60's and this was playing on the jukebox. I never knew what it was aboot, but immediately loved it, and went oot and bought the single. I later discovered what it was aboot and still think it was one of The Kinks best songs.

When the wife was at High School in Akron, Ohio this was her High School Football Teams anthem. When she told them the song was about a transvestite they didna believe her. She said they were horrified when it finally dawned on them she was telling the truth

When the wife was at High School in Akron, Ohio this was her High School Football Teams anthem. When she told them the song was about a transvestite they didna believe her. She said they were horrified when it finally dawned on them she was telling the truth
For Ray Davies to write a song about that must have took some nerve, especially in the 60's

Back