Absent Friends

Frank Owen

The absolute tragedy which Stevie is going through at the moment is, as some of you good folk have pointed out, a reminder that there are way more important things in life than football. Family without doubt being number one .
But The Noise is a very special place. A place where we mostly respect each other, and allow scope for each of us as individuals to express our opinions.
I can't help but notice the absence of a few who were at one time regular, and welcome, posters. Hoopy, Greensprig, and Rose for example. I've no way of knowing if the recent decline in civility is connected to their absence, but it would be good to see them back . They're missed.
I'm sure most of you know I'm not slow to give an opinion on matters not relating to the beautiful game. But I sincerely hope when doing so, it's expressed in a manner which isn't offensive. All opinions are welcome and should be tolerated if given in a civil and respectful manner.
As for our absent friends, I sincerely hope you are all well. Brothers and sisters in Celtic. HH

The absolute tragedy which Stevie is going through at the moment is, as some of you good folk have pointed out, a reminder that there are way more important things in life than football. Family without doubt being number one .
But The Noise is a very special place. A place where we mostly respect each other, and allow scope for each of us as individuals to express our opinions.
I can't help but notice the absence of a few who were at one time regular, and welcome, posters. Hoopy, Greensprig, and Rose for example. I've no way of knowing if the recent decline in civility is connected to their absence, but it would be good to see them back . They're missed.
I'm sure most of you know I'm not slow to give an opinion on matters not relating to the beautiful game. But I sincerely hope when doing so, it's expressed in a manner which isn't offensive. All opinions are welcome and should be tolerated if given in a civil and respectful manner.
As for our absent friends, I sincerely hope you are all well. Brothers and sisters in Celtic. HH
Life's too short Frank. Well bloody said!

I share the sentiment frank
Who would have thought another country being invaded could cause the carnage and ill will it has on a Celtic site 🤷‍♂️

Very good post Frank a lot of heart was in it keep er lite.

Well said Frank it’s times like this when our Brothers Stevie and Digger heartbreak’s bring home the futility of silly Football arguments.
💚👏💚👏💚👏💚👏💚

HH 👏

There's a popular belief that it is a mistake to meet folk you have become acquainted with on an online platform. For the most part, I would be inclined to agree with that, but in certain circumstances - it can present an extremely rewarding outcome and confirm what one may have come to believe during previous online correspondence.

I have now had the great pleasure of meeting several of the contributors to this site and everyone I have met, thus far, have way beyond exceeded my expectations and are as impressive in person, as they are digitally.

It's no secret that I have to live with the great regret that I did not have the opportunity to break bread with Oor Michael and it is with that in mind, that I intend to do everything I can to meet as many of you as possible in the near future.

It's ok to disagree about certain subjects and it's ok to find common ground in other areas. I know that I have had my own disagreements with folk, but hopefully - we are all big enough to bite down on a wee bit of humble (that's humble, Tony......no hairy) pie every now and then.

Tony mentioned Andy (Shadow2) and I couldn't agree more with his sentiments regarding him. I miss his football knowledge,
humour and good sense. It also saddens me when other good folk slip from view because of political or religious discourse. Our political and religious perspectives may partially shape us, but they do not totally define us - especially those ideals which we do not have the power or scope to influence directly.

I mean this sincerely when I say that amongst the 30-40 regular contributors to this site, there are very few folk I have taken exception to. Do I have my moments? Of course I do and I often only read what I want to read and ignore the important parts, but you've all lightened my mood when it needed lifting and made me smile when I needed it most.

It is that which we have in common which will always bind us together, our differences only highlight our individuality and these differences should always be encouraged, otherwise it would be a boring old world

I don't even mind the disagreements SP but it should never descend into name calling and folk leaving the site.

Everyone on here has a valid contribution to make but as readers we should learn to stay away from inflammatory arguments. If we can't disagree without being angry, immature and downright aggressive then we should scroll on by.

The minute someone calls me a name, they've just lost that argument.

As for meeting folk from the forum, some are right fkn weird. 😂 😂 😂

I don't even mind the disagreements SP but it should never descend into name calling and folk leaving the site.

Everyone on here has a valid contribution to make but as readers we should learn to stay away from inflammatory arguments. If we can't disagree without being angry, immature and downright aggressive then we should scroll on by.

Hoi you leave me ootoit
😂😂😂😂

HH 👏

You are that, Shammy........you are that!!!

I'd say you're more eccentric than weird though.

I’m the first to admit my politics and views on world events often go against the current or tide or mainstream or call it whatever but I 100% agree with Frank here we all have differing views on lots of things the world would be a dull place if we all agreed on everything debate is healthy that’s how democracy works but when it descends into name calling and people being driven away then that’s shite,cant we all just agree to disagree sometimes and respect different opinions no matter how much they are at odds from with our own can’t we just keep it civil and treat each other with respect in 100 years no cunt will even know who we were never mind what we thought about the price of cheese so what the fuck is it, with the he said she said pish,give it up people nobody’s right and nobody’s wrong it’s all just opinion tainted by our individual world views and some bevy, life is way too short

Members online

Back