Adidas Deal

Ok I will qualify my post - I doesnt matter who we get in our league - clearly Hummel, Errea, Bling it On (Hamilton), Orc Sports (Essex) etc are not going to give us 30+ milliom for a deal

In our league - it doent matter if it is Nike, NB, Addidas, Puma etc -

Ok I will qualify my post - I doesnt matter who we get in our league - clearly Hummel, Errea, Bling it On (Hamilton), Orc Sports (Essex) etc are not going to give us 30+ milliom for a deal

In our league - it doent matter if it is Nike, NB, Addidas, Puma etc -
It's no the league oj, it's the hundreds of thousands of branded shirts, trackies, trainers and other merch they're going to sell all over the world.

£30 mill is peanuts compared to what ADIDAS will collect for being associated with Celtic. They pay Juventus a mint, but Celtic will outsell Juve by 10 to 1.

ADIDAS are getting a bargain and they know it.

It's no the league oj, it's the hundreds of thousands of branded shirts, trackies, trainers and other merch they're going to sell all over the world.

£30 mill is peanuts compared to what ADIDAS will collect for being associated with Celtic. They pay Juventus a mint, but Celtic will outsell Juve by 10 to 1.

ADIDAS are getting a bargain and they know it.
There would be a fair old value in the likes of Juventus advertising wise if they made it to the CL final

There would be a fair old value in the likes of Juventus advertising wise if they made it to the CL final
Of course there would, cheesy......no doubt about it, but a mega corporate entity still only prospers when it gets product flying off the shelves.

The average Celtic fan is gonna spend close to £500 per annum on ADIDAS products. Multiply that figure by however many kids/grandkids you have.

Just read about possible £25M deal with adidas and already split between going to work or standing outside the superstore awaiting their arrival. :p I think this will be a great move for Celtic and Adidas. New Balance marketing was pretty abysmal at times. I have no issues with a pink strip. Indeed it could have been a really good move but the tone of pink selected to go with that washed-out grey colour - was it ever really going to sell beyond a small minority?

Really looking forward to new kit. Exciting times HH
£25 million? Is that aw? That's enough to buy you an unfit and injured Kieran Tierney. Canny wait to see the hoops in Adidas it's a match made in paradise 🙂

Of course there would, cheesy......no doubt about it, but a mega corporate entity still only prospers when it gets product flying off the shelves.

The average Celtic fan is gonna spend close to £500 per annum on ADIDAS products. Multiply that figure by however many kids/grandkids you have.
Clearly gonna make money selling Celtic kit, but they’re paying more to likes of Juventus, who will have lower sales, because they think they’ll go further in big comps and get advertising to bigger audience. I’m pretty sure CL final wound have a large global audience to be reinforcing your brand. NB lucked out with Liverpool

Clearly gonna make money selling Celtic kit, but they’re paying more to likes of Juventus, who will have lower sales, because they think they’ll go further in big comps and get advertising to bigger audience. I’m pretty sure CL final wound have a large global audience to be reinforcing your brand. NB lucked out with Liverpool
And that's the way of the world, cheesy. We know that we have to feed off scraps, so the bigger the scraps the better.

I don't grudge those teams getting what they get.......market forces drive that economy, but Celtic will get their moneys worth and so will ADIDAS.

I'm not complaining about it, just making the point that these things are usually mutually beneficial (unless you're Hummel)

Last edited:
And that's the way of the world, cheesy. We know that we have to feed off scraps, so the bigger the scraps the better.

I don't grudge those teams getting what they get.......market forces drive that economy, but Celtic will get their moneys worth and so will ADIDAS.

I'm not complaining about it, just making the point that these things are usually beneficial (unless you're Hummel)
Its probably going to be the biggest shirt sponsorship deal Scottish football has ever seen, still I cant help but think £25 million is a better deal for Adidas than for Celtic (stating the obvious I know) it's supposed to be that way. Youd have to think Adidas are going to be making hundreds of millions from this deal. Especially if its £25 million for a Celtic strip and thats without the socks 🤔

Its probably going to be the biggest shirt sponsorship deal Scottish football has ever seen, still I cant help but think £25 million is a better deal for Adidas than for Celtic (stating the obvious I know) it's supposed to be that way. Youd have to think Adidas are going to be making hundreds of millions from this deal. Especially if its £25 million for a Celtic strip and thats without the socks 🤔
I’m sure the NB deal was £25m and this is set to beat it. I’m not sure we truly find out the money in these sorts of things

I’m sure the NB deal was £25m and this is set to beat it. I’m not sure we truly find out the money in these sorts of things
A lot of it is tied into bonuses based on performances, cheesy, so I reckon that that's a ballpark figure that could vary slightly either way.

I'm not complaining about it, just making the point that these things are usually mutually beneficial (unless you're Hummel)
It's the reason why companies will pay millions for their logo the size of a matchbox on the sleeve of Lewis Hamilton's race suit. They want to be seen to be associated with champions so Adidas have come to the right place. Maybe the rangers will get a new deal in the future with Dunlop 😛 it's terrible but I can remember as a kid at secondary school if you had a pair of Adidas kick you were cool for cats and style savvy and if your maw still picked your trainees or couldn't afford the expensive Adidas kick (about £30 back in the early 80s ) so a lot of money. Some poor random person would have to wear a pair of DUNLOP 'super shiney rubber ducks' people saying "here mate ! You no tyred wi them dunlop yet?" 😂 waens can be right vicious creatures

It's the reason why companies will pay millions for their logo the size of a matchbox on the sleeve of Lewis Hamilton's race suit. They want to be seen to be associated with champions so Adidas have come to the right place. Maybe the rangers will get a new deal in the future with Dunlop 😛 it's terrible but I can remember as a kid at secondary school if you had a pair of Adidas kick you were cool for cats and style savvy and if your maw still picked your trainees or couldn't afford the expensive Adidas kick (about £30 back in the early 80s ) so a lot of money. Some poor random person would have to wear a pair of DUNLOP 'super shiney rubber ducks' people saying "here mate ! You no tyred wi them dunlop yet?" 😂 waens can be right vicious creatures
Adidas tangos or puma supermatch were the ones at my school 👌🏼

Adidas tangos or puma supermatch were the ones at my school 👌🏼
Aye ye still canny beat a pair of Adidas trainees the only ones that actually look better the older and more busted up they get. I love my suede samba and just recently got a right retro pair of Adidas jeans as a gift, I hadn't seen those trainees for years 😎👟

Members online

Latest posts

Back