AJ 🇨🇦 🍁

Lubos left peg

Another game, another match where this guy has absolutely dominated.
I think the scum actually moved Kent to the other side simply to save him the embarrassment of being put on his arse as he tried to beat our RB again. Only black mark today, and I think CCV has to shoulder most of the blame, was tavpens 2nd.
If any club in the world had lost a world cup semi-finalist right back it would be a cause for concern. But we've managed to do that and replace him with a far superior player IMO.
AJ has it all. He is solid. He is determined. He has pace going forward and he has a mentality that every single hun fan and player wishes the had an ounce of.
He is only going to improve.
Well done Celtic and Ange for bringing this guy to the club. MotM today for me....as he was in the last derby.

Full back is possibly the hardest position to play in Ange's style of football. It involves a LOT of running up and down the touchline knocking yoyr pan in in attack and defence. Plus of course being an inverted full back requires them to cut into midfield as well. It usually takes a fair amount of time to learn the role and how best to support your colleagues as they have different strengths and weaknesses. You have to be superfit, aggressive but controlled as well.

AJ has been incredible as he has adjusted very quickly and slotted in immediately to improve on Juranovic who was a very decent player.

He also comes across well in interviews and sounds intelligent, humble and appreciative. He has been a fantastic buy for us and has blown me away with his amazing contribution.

Not close to Danny yet. Give him time and he might get there - he is a sprcial talent.
Different players, different eras, Danny McGrain was the best at his position in the world on his day
Young AJ is learning his trade, but already showing that he can handle thigs on the big stage, and now in the SPFL where thuggery is a skill for some of our opponents
The MLS takes a lot of flack, for the standard of play, much like the Scottish leagues, but there are some good players in the league, who could handle the rigours of the SPFL and woudn't cost a great deal of money
Well done AJ, your country is proud of you
YNWA

Last edited:
He was class, but being constructive, got caught ball watching for their 2nd today.

I'm going to defend AJ on that one. I'd say he was left to cover 2 players. CCV had an unusually poor match against the scum. He barely won a header all match. AJ was trying to help out his CB covering him and tucking in....tavpen was way out of position...a fucking RB at the back post of the left hand side of the park!!! Yes, AJ should have looked over his shoulder, but I put it down to CCVs poor performance that caused AJ to feel the need to be more central for the cross.

Spot on "a fucking RB at the back post of the left hand side of the park!!!"

A desperate right back taking a corner from the left and staying put, threw us off. Somebody forgot to switch on when they allowed themselves to think this game is a doddle when 3 1 up. Must do better.

Back