Alloa v Celtic Scottish Cup

The way we play and train now many players are dropping like flies , hamstring, hamstring calmac looked to be holding his face / cheek hope thats not a fracture. Our style now will always attract the hammer throwers that are sick of being skinned we need to have a good sized squad to cope with it , still need rid of a few higher earners like Barkas and Ajeti ( the latter has baffled me) I honestly thought he was going to make it at Celtic he started off well if not fit still a poachers instinct saw him rattle in 5 or 6 goals but since then he just cannot get fit for the game we need him to play. I would expect more players to not make the grade . On the game it was hardly vintage Celtic but cup games are about winning through no matter what and we did that , good to see Giakoumakis looking like the player we were expecting though he'll have to do that against tougher opposition than Alloa to have any chances of a regular start. We seem to have had an outstanding window so far the teams playing so well it's easy to forget they're basically strangers to one another but the likes of Abada, Kyogo Hatate Maeda Scales ( could go on so many new players that's hit the ground running and that's quite unusual, I've never seen anything like this rebuild in all my years anywhere) a wee bit concerned we havent got jota and CCV tied to the club yet but theres time for that to happen. When we are on our game it's a joy to see, when these bhoys really get to know each others style we will take some stopping from anyone. Takes 3 years to build a winning team ( 6 months for us though )

Meant to add that I watched in the pub but still managed to hear whoever was commentating saying " do you think that is worthy of a red card?) Talking of the challenge ( assault should say ) on gucci was horrendous there has to be tougher punishments for career ending tackles and that was one that couldve ended the bhoys career shocking.

Also think scales done very well in a game overshadowed by thuggery.
With his better delivery of the ball into the danger zone than Taylor at present, I think he might have just nudged ahead of Taylor now for the starting role on Wednesday imo.
I think Scales is a much better option for left back and I'm sure he could play left CB if required. Picking Taylor ahead of him when coupled with Juranovic at RB, (like Hibs game) leaves us woefully short of height for defending balls into our box. GG will help but CCV, Welsh and Starfelt are not that tall and I fear Goldson will have a field day in our box at all the soft free kicks and corners likely to be awarded to Satan's X1.

It's a shame Bitton is weak in the air, (considering his size) and we need Hart to come for crosses as often as he can to help our vertically challenged defending. I would definitely play Ralston and Scales to help the 2 CBs against the diet and full-fat huns. Juranovic can play right side of midfield for me.

I think Scales is a much better option for left back and I'm sure he could play left CB if required. Picking Taylor ahead of him when coupled with Juranovic at RB, (like Hibs game) leaves us woefully short of height for defending balls into our box. GG will help but CCV, Welsh and Starfelt are not that tall and I fear Goldson will have a field day in our box at all the soft free kicks and corners likely to be awarded to Satan's X1.

It's a shame Bitton is weak in the air, (considering his size) and we need Hart to come for crosses as often as he can to help our vertically challenged defending. I would definitely play Ralston and Scales to help the 2 CBs against the diet and full-fat huns. Juranovic can play right side of midfield for me.
I'm not normally one for getting ahead of myself, we've two very difficult games before we play sevco. However, I have to say while thinking about that game, I came to the same conclusion as you MiB.
It's my main concern against them.

It is very unfortunate about the injuries. I personally don't blame anyone for them. It's a cup tie Alloas biggest game ever. Their players are going to show commitment and desire. Glad we got through Raith Rovers next game in cup bring it on.🍀🍀
Apologies to all noisers. Have seen the Allow v Celtic cup tie 3 times now. What I posted after the match having had the hindsight to watch over again, I'll retract my previous post by saying Allow went out to hurt us big time. The injuries were nasty ones and they should have been down to 10 men. The ref Robertson will have had free drinks down his lodge for that display.🍀🍀

Ferguson finally admits to telling his mob to leave the boot in..
Had a look at Callums injury in slow motion and it looks as if Adams has caught him with his shoulder not his head,in hindsight could we have had a worse draw with that wee dickhead desperate to show the huns he will do everything and anything to help them..

HH

I'm not normally one for getting ahead of myself, we've two very difficult games before we play sevco. However, I have to say while thinking about that game, I came to the same conclusion as you MiB.
It's my main concern against them.
Always the same against them Frank it's not them were worried about it's our own defensive frailties that I must admit isnt as fragile as it was but we are still seeing the same thing like groundhog day whenever we have to defend set plays. If you're thinking anything like I am during a game when we go 2 nil up against anyone its not enough is the feeling sometimes. Betis and Leverkusen away were especially hard pills to swallow but I keep repeating to myself this is a brand new team , half cant converse with each other and that will change. , I read online some fool saying getting Giakoumakis fit is like getting a new player, eh what? He is a new player along with pretty much most of our team so even though were playing well the sides still in the gelling process. Aye 2 difficult games to come first and they will be good preparations for the derby.i believe hearts will be under the impression that because they beat our side they will fancy their chances which is good it should allow us to do our stuff better, united I'm more inclined to think they will sit deeper and try to counter us.
I'm as concerned as anyone else about the leaky goal from set plays syndrome we have and that comes from not having a settled defence or starting XI even though I'm confident we'll outscore anyone. This sides so young into it's own era its unreal how quickly we've turned it around. We are still adding faces to the team and squad. Scales looks born to play in the hoops at times. Everything and anything we get or win must be 100% fought for as it's always been. We get stronger with every passing day but as good as young welsh , Montgomery and the other kids whove stepped up are their inexperience shows at times and I'm not singling them out for the experienced pros are just as culpable at times. Would be great to see big julien get some game time against one of the two clubs but might be too early for him perhaps the raith rovers game at CP on the 12th ( think) might be when we see him return. Many in our new team wont have sampled the atmosphere that the hearts night time game will supply never mind the 60, 000 that awaits 2 games later. If anything though Ange has done an incredible job assembling a side full of big game players, once more though we have big players who for varying reasons missing for international call ups etc. I think our football will win the day ultimately and it's great to see theRangers fans and players alike calling foul because we play them at night under the floodlights and very few stadiums in the world can match the atmosphere generated by a big late kick off like that which will greet them at CP. These games are what being a Celtic player is all about , cant handle a hostile tynecastle means cant handle playing for us imo but I've faith in Ange because he deserves it hes put a bunch of kids together with talented experieced pros and has turned a side many outside CP thought might struggle to come 2nd into real title contenders the same reason why the likes of st Mirren will park the bus against us but fancy having a go away to them. None of these 3 games will be anything other than real tough tests. I'm confident though we'll come through the other side , theres an argument to be made its ideal preparation for us compared to their late ko v Livingston at home followed by a sunday visit to ross county for a 12.30 ko. Pressures all on them they're the champions I'm told ( as no one saw that * season) I'm sure Ange will have that in the players heads . Time to return to the top is fast approaching COYBIG HH 🍀

Last edited:
Fucksake bigman aswell no saying anything🙄
Aye he really laid into them there , tbh I get the feeling sometimes that Ange has seen it all unravel especially for lenny with SMSM that he just wont allow that to happen to him, wont allow SMSM to turn him into some kind of pariah which they have tried with the bs constant loaded questions " how does it feel Ange to win your first silverware at the first time of asking?" " duh , pure shite mt I couldve been sitting in the hoose watching telly instead " dumbfck morons

Aye he really laid into them there , tbh I get the feeling sometimes that Ange has seen it all unravel especially for lenny with SMSM that he just wont allow that to happen to him, wont allow SMSM to turn him into some kind of pariah which they have tried with the bs constant loaded questions " how does it feel Ange to win your first silverware at the first time of asking?" " duh , pure shite mt I couldve been sitting in the hoose watching telly instead " dumbfck morons
Not Ange's first BBQ, he knows the MSM have an agenda and will jump on anything he says that they can use to promote the 'Crisis at Celtic' stories
He's a smart man, and a great coach, who seems to have galvanized the players, and he can handle all that comes his way
Onwards and Upwards
In Ange we trust
HH

Probably right mate,,that really should be down to Nicholson!!but you and I know hell will freeze over before they shitebags confront it,that seems to be our problem tho too many think it’s beneath them to moan a include ange in that,,as a boss(bosses) they all have a duty of care for there employees,there’s gony be a career ending tackle soon enough then it’ll be the usual “if only”we can’t bring boys all the way from Japan then fuckin leave them to the animals,

Probably right mate,,that really should be down to Nicholson!!but you and I know hell will freeze over before they shitebags confront it,that seems to be our problem tho too many think it’s beneath them to moan a include ange in that,,as a boss(bosses) they all have a duty of care for there employees,there’s gony be a career ending tackle soon enough then it’ll be the usual “if only”we can’t bring boys all the way from Japan then fuckin leave them to the animals,
I read something not so long ago ( I can no longer find the article) that was about a bill of law being written up that would allow players themselves to take players to court action for a career ending challenge that's resulted in loss of career , loss of ( huge earnings) and loss of potential future earnings and exposure . Whether or not it will become law I'm not so sure but can see the merits in it this has been happening for far too long now and dates back to the year dot. Most infamous oldies in my head is the Germany GK Schumacher's " assault" that all will remember of a certain vintage and also Roy Keane ( couldn't be talking about deliberate dangerous play if Keane's not mentioned) but his tackle against Alf Inge Haaland ( the father of the much sought after Erling Braut Haaland) in 96 or 97 manchester utd playing leeds Keane had a hangover and tried to " just trip him not kick him" but instead keane in fact snapped the cruciate ligament in his own left leg. Haaland accused him of play acting with neither knowing the true extent of his injury , not knowing that hed badly injured himself in trying so badly to injure him. Keane was out for some time but 2000/01 season Keane did end Norwegian international Haalands career. Even after he retired Keane still had to put the boot in again when in his book freely admitting that he intended to " get him" something you or I would serve time for I'm certain. This was all because in his head at least thought hed waited too long , this wee bit from his book

“I’d waited long enough," Keane wrote.

With four minutes of the derby remaining, the United captain caught Haaland flush on the right knee with a horrendous studs-up challenge.

"I f*cking hit him hard," Keane admitted. "The ball was there (I think). Take that you c*nt."

David Elleray promptly issued a straight red card to an almost disinterested Keane, who walked off the field, but not before bending over the prone Haaland to say, "Don’t ever stand over me again sneering about fake injuries. And tell your pal Wetherall there’s some for him as well."

Imo if a player admits he intended to maime no matter how long later & Keanes book and admission came out in 2002 so literally 12 months maximum afterwards they should be charged by the polis and here I'm no fan of the polis but i can remember Duncan Ferguson's head butt that resulted in a 6 moon sentence at the luxurious BarL ( when slopping out was still a thing) dont think he did the full 6 moon but the fact he has a criminal record remains and that's something that many of todays pampered poodles of players would definitely not want , cant enter certain countries with one, a fine is nothing but a permanent criminal record is to these twats who spend 4hrs getting their hair braided all lovely cos they're gony be on telly. Rumour has it allegedly that because of Keane's actions and subsequent bragging of it is the reason why Man utd have less chance of signing the brilliant Haaland than Celtic, Clyde or Dumbarton

Last edited:
Not Ange's first BBQ, he knows the MSM have an agenda and will jump on anything he says that they can use to promote the 'Crisis at Celtic' stories
He's a smart man, and a great coach, who seems to have galvanized the players, and he can handle all that comes his way
Onwards and Upwards
In Ange we trust
HH
If he didn't he certainly did after our very own Winning Captains " they are not your friends " statement . Which we all know he took it in the neck for his question come statement even from many of our own but he was right to warn Ange ( even more so now than ever) Ange likely knew this anyway but still kudos WC 👍

Members online

Latest posts

Back