Andy Goram dead at 58 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

26+6=1

Andy Goram died today after a short battle with oesophageal cancer. This must have been a very aggressive cancer and one can only hope he didn't suffer as I have seen family die from cancer and wouldn't wish that on anyone.
He was a very good goal keeper but no friend of our club; nonetheless I offer my sympathy to his family and friends.

Cancer is a bastard....my dad recently beat it but still suffers the effects. You all wished me well last year when I lost my nana to it....I fully understand the heartache it brings to the people who have it and their loved ones. And I fully respect and understand your setiment 26, but this thread is only going to cause shit. I wish, when one of they those fuckers heads to hell, and I say fuckers in terms of guys like Goram and Bell who completely submerged themselves in the poison, racism and sectarianism of the club they supported, that the guys who want to pay their respects to cunts like that did it in private and not on a Celtic chat.....cancer or not. I mean we wouldn't start a chat for Adair if he died of cancer.
I'm not trying to compare them but they did celebrate the same songs and hate and wish death on the same people.

Goram was a brilliant goalkeeper who broke my heart on many occasions. Like everyone else on here I did not like many of his beliefs or what he stood for, but I will show respect for his footballing ability.

This is a trully horrendous disease that hopefully we will defeat.

Rest in peace.

Andy Goram died today after a short battle with oesophageal cancer. This must have been a very aggressive cancer and one can only hope he didn't suffer as I have seen family die from cancer and wouldn't wish that on anyone.
He was a very good goal keeper but no friend of our club; nonetheless I offer my sympathy to his family and friends.

What he said....

Nobody deserves cancer

Shattered Tommy Burns last night groaned: "Put it on my tombstone - Andy Goram broke my heart."

The gaffer was gob-smacked as super stopper Goram denied his title chasing Celts with a string of wonder saves.

He locked out superb efforts from Andreas Thom and Phil O'Donnell as the live TV derby at Parkhead ended goal-less.

Burns sighed: "When I pass away you can put it on my tombstone `Goram broke my heart'.

"I've nothing but admiration for someone like that - but I have a contract out on him, right enough.

"HE'S PROBABLY THE BEST GOALKEEPER I'VE EVER SEEN."

Cancer is a bastard....my dad recently beat it but still suffers the effects. You all wished me well last year when I lost my nana to it....I fully understand the heartache it brings to the people who have it and their loved ones. And I fully respect and understand your setiment 26, but this thread is only going to cause shit. I wish, when one of they those fuckers heads to hell, and I say fuckers in terms of guys like Goram and Bell who completely submerged themselves in the poison, racism and sectarianism of the club they supported, that the guys who want to pay their respects to cunts like that did it in private and not on a Celtic chat.....cancer or not. I mean we wouldn't start a chat for Adair if he died of cancer.
I'm not trying to compare them but they did celebrate the same songs and hate and wish death on the same people.
I wouldn't start a thread for Adair or any other non-football person because it wouldn't be relevant.
I'd start a thread for Nacho Novo if I outlived him though.
We can rise above the hatreds aimed at us.
We are Celtic Supporters.

I wouldn't start a thread for Adair or any other non-football person because it wouldn't be relevant.
I'd start a thread for Nacho Novo if I outlived him though.
We can rise above the hatreds aimed at us.
We are Celtic Supporters.

Agreed....but.....how many players from any other scottish club have died in the last 3 years?? I have no idea but I'm guessing a few....not a single thread on the noise though. Again, I understand where you are coming from but I believe that if anyone wants to mourn or pay respects to an ex hun it doesn't have to be on a forum of their bitter rivals, where the rivalry runs deeper than just football. Do you know what I mean?
If he was simply a footballing man who loved his club but could have a chat about football with everyone and anyone then that's fine, there are many ex hun players that I'm sure would take a drink with a celtic fan and chat away....Gorum doesn't strike me as that sort of guy....the picture above shows what sort of company he liked to keep. He is a very devisive figure who's mention on a celtic forum will only cause arguments.

Agreed....but.....how many players from any other scottish club have died in the last 3 years?? I have no idea but I'm guessing a few....not a single thread on the noise though. Again, I understand where you are coming from but I believe that if anyone wants to mourn or pay respects to an ex hun it doesn't have to be on a forum of their bitter rivals, where the rivalry runs deeper than just football. Do you know what I mean?
Not so easy for many including myself to define between hatred and terrible life circumstances, so after getting myself involved in to many unsavoury incidents in the past, then sometimes the best solution is to say nothing and walk away from the subject, and that's what I fully intend to do on this individual and subject

I get where you're coming from but remember when Walter Smith died and we marked his passing with dignity. Contrast this with how our bitter rivals have marked the deaths of members of the Celtic Family. It is for that very reason I started this thread.
From what I know of Andy Goram I hate just about everything he stood for and am old enough to have known and hated him as a rival player. But he was a person who had a family and some people will genuinely grieve his loss.
We as Celtic Supporters have the humanity and decency to rise above the hatred and treat our enemies with the respect they would have denied any of us. I posted this thread in confidence it would not descend into something hateful or disrespectful because I know we are better than that.

1656772948623.png

1887 - 2023

No time left, for still waiting for change, we move on leaving behind many embittered and wasted lives spent hating for no other reason than an ingrained hatred and bitterness of ordinary people, who express an indefference to anothers freedom to practice or take solace from a different opinion to reach the same God (if thats what their aim is).

It shocked me hearing Peter Grant speak so highly of this guy..not only as a goalkeeper but as a person.Theres a few ex Celtic players that think a lot of him but i just think Bigot when i think of Andy Goram.Great keeper and i wouldnt wish cancer on anyone.RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back