Andy Goram dead at 58 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is under any illusions regards the evil influences Andy Goram fell under. Hatred is a poisonous influence and many who work close to it are affected by it.
I'm not making excuses for Andy Goram but, as one who has had to and still has to deal with hateful emotions, it would be hypocritical of me to condemn him.
He was a great goalkeeper and was held in some regard by named Celtic greats who could see past the misguided influences.
I'm in no position to 'cast the first stone'. Few have lived model lives.
The first step in defeating hate is learning not to be triggered by it.
We shall overcome.
Andy Goram R.I.P.
Fair do's to u i aint no angel either mate but im sick of us always having to be the better persons while they do/say wit they want im surprised aswell since he wore the black armband for his loyalist pal at the outporing of sadness really dont want to be in this thread just doing u the courtesy of an answer cancer has affected us all at some point i'd imagine its such a horrible disease and theres troops on here have recently been affected by it so i dont want to be in here incase i hurt one of our owns feelings so al leave u all to it #fuckcanceršŸ™

Thatā€™s the difference between us and them, their a klub founded on hate, racism, we arra peeplo etc, we are NOT, we are a respectful club, all inclusive with standards that get maintained, his loyalists leaning allegiance is well documented, up to the point where he was caught shagging a loyalist prisoners wife, and was run out of Northern Ireland at hun point.

If your a religious person, youā€™ll know heā€™ll have to stand in front of his maker and atone for his sins, wither or not heā€™s goes through the pearly gates, or goes somewhere a wee bit warmer, no one knows

Letā€™s not reduce this to something youā€™d find over on follow follow if one of our players passed awayā€¦.Iā€™d hope weā€™d aw be better than that

To quote a line fae bambi ā€œ if you canā€™t say anything nice, donā€™t say anything at allā€

Exactly why I don't think we should have a thread for him. He was a divisive figure and regardless of what Celtic as a club stand for, people have their own emotions and feelings. We don't create threads for any other player from any other team that passes away....only seems to be hun players...and that's fine if the guy who used to play for them was just your average Joe football player earning a living, which Goram was not. We all know his personality. Celtic fans aren't holy than thou saints. We love and hate just like the huns. We have idiots in our support, just like the huns....and there is no way every Celtic fan will RIP someone like Gorum. This thread will only cause division amongst our own. Where is the threads for ex Dundee players or thistle players or county players....there isn't any. There doesn't need to be one for an ex loyalist supporting, racist bigot....its fucking stupid IMO. Let the scum mourn their dead. It will divert their attention from mocking ours, which I'm sure Gorum would have joined in on doing in the right company....we don't have to always he the bigger people.

Thatā€™s the difference between us and them, their a klub founded on hate, racism, we arra peeplo etc, we are NOT, we are a respectful club, all inclusive with standards that get maintained, his loyalists leaning allegiance is well documented, up to the point where he was caught shagging a loyalist prisoners wife, and was run out of Northern Ireland at hun point.

If your a religious person, youā€™ll know heā€™ll have to stand in front of his maker and atone for his sins, wither or not heā€™s goes through the pearly gates, or goes somewhere a wee bit warmer, no one knows

Letā€™s not reduce this to something youā€™d find over on follow follow if one of our players passed awayā€¦.Iā€™d hope weā€™d aw be better than that

To quote a line fae bambi ā€œ if you canā€™t say anything nice, donā€™t say anything at allā€
Ive just posted im sick of being the bigger person and how they get to act however they want but its ok we just shut up and god will deal way him as i said above i dont want any part of this thread mate im just doing u the courtesy of an answer cancer has affected us all and i dont want to reduce it to a debate about him

Ive just posted im sick of being the bigger person and how they get to act however they want but its ok we just shut up and god will deal way him as i said above i dont want any part of this thread mate im just doing u the courtesy of an answer cancer has affected us all and i dont want to reduce it to a debate about him

I should have just said this and left the thread šŸ‘†šŸ‘†

Fair do's to u i aint no angel either mate but im sick of us always having to be the better persons while they do/say wit they want im surprised aswell since he wore the black armband for his loyalist pal at the outporing of sadness really dont want to be in this thread just doing u the courtesy of an answer cancer has affected us all at some point i'd imagine its such a horrible disease and theres troops on here have recently been affected by it so i dont want to be in here incase i hurt one of our owns feelings so al leave u all to it #fuckcanceršŸ™
I live in an area which was terrorised by the image of Billy Wright for whom Andy Goram wore a black armband.
I've attended wakes and funerals for victims of that terror; some of whom I'd known since childhood. Billy Wright was also a victim of that terror; in life and in death. Indeed it can be said so too was Goram.
Seeing your first corpse, a teenage friend with bullet wounds to the head, in an open coffin while only a teenager yourself takes a few decades to get over. But you have to get over it or the hate will control you.
I sneered at John Hume as a youth but I see his point now. It was the same point being made by Martin Luther King Jnr and it is follows the spirit of the immortal words of Terence Mac Swiney

"It is not those who can inflict the most, but those who can suffer the most who will prevail."

Where has being the bigger/better people got us?? It dosent work if theres no accountability on the other side

By being the 'bigger people', who stood up and saved our club, Celtic supporters ensured we would forever be the bigger club.
Lesser clubs can only hope to compete with us by engaging in fraud and criminality. Lesser people condone and ignore the crime.
Living under British rule there is never 'accountability on the other side' and I don't just mean in the 6C. How can you expect the crown's subjects to behave with accountability with such role models as Tories and Windsors.
We are the 'bigger/better' club and our stadium and fans are regularly mentioned in the favourites lists of legends of the game whereas the lesser club's fans lament being 'only 10th' in a nobody's most hated list.
It's not really that hard to be the 'bigger/better' fans. As it says in the bible

And lo Jesus sayeth onto them - "do onto others as you would have done onto you".
"but Lord how doth we doest that" sayeth Peter.
And Jesus fixed him with a piercing glance and with fire in his eyes sayeth "just don't be a hun FFS".

Fenians 1888.

Last edited:
I live in an area which was terrorised by the image of Billy Wright for whom Andy Goram wore a black armband.
I've attended wakes and funerals for victims of that terror; some of whom I'd known since childhood. Billy Wright was also a victim of that terror; in life and in death. Indeed it can be said so too was Goram.
Seeing your first corpse, a teenage friend with bullet wounds to the head, in an open coffin while only a teenager yourself takes a few decades to get over. But you have to get over it or the hate will control you.
I sneered at John Hume as a youth but I see his point now. It was the same point being made by Martin Luther King Jnr and it is follows the spirit of the immortal words of Terence Mac Swiney

"It is not those who can inflict the most, but those who can suffer the most who will prevail."
Thats the reason i would never try and talk to irish people about this shud happen or that because we never lived thru it yes both sides had innocents killed and both sides had people who stood up for theyre communities and for they reasons both sides had to put the guns down and start talking and thankfully for yous all over there peace broke out but all that has nothing to do with the hatred i had for goram we had a paper tell his story about how the black armband was for his poor wee auntie even on his death bed he was a lying scumbag

By being the 'bigger people', who stood up and saved our club Celtic supporters ensured we would forever be the bigger club.
Lesser clubs can only hope to compete with us by engaging in fraud and criminality. Lesser people condone and ignore the crime.
Living under British rule there is never 'accountability on the other side' and I don't just mean in the 6C. How can you expect the crown's subjects to behave with accountability with such role models as Tories and Windsors.
We are the 'bigger/better' club and our stadium and fans are regularly mentioned in the favourites lists of legends of the game whereas the lesser club's fans lament being 'only 10th' in a nobody's most hated list.
It's not really that hard to be the 'bigger/better' fans. As it says in the bible

And lo Jesus sayeth onto them - "do onto others as you would have done onto you".
And Jesus fixed him with a piercing glance and with fire in his eyes sayeth "just don't be a hun FFS".

Fenians 1888.
As i said earlier if by being the bigger people it sparked real debate about the klan then fine but it just disnae work all the Press are shitbags theres no accountability for them until they meet some imaginary maker who condems them to hell for eternity

By being the 'bigger people', who stood up and saved our club Celtic supporters ensured we would forever be the bigger club.

Fenians 1888.
That last verse must surly be one of the lost scripturesšŸ¤£

I have been in a similar position to yourself. Im afraid i will not be offering condolences to supporters of these sectarian murder gangs.

Last edited:
Thats the reason i would never try and talk to irish people about this shud happen or that because we never lived thru it yes both sides had innocents killed and both sides had people who stood up for theyre communities and for they reasons both sides had to put the guns down and start talking and thankfully for yous all over there peace broke out but all that has nothing to do with the hatred i had for goram we had a paper tell his story about how the black armband was for his poor wee auntie even on his death bed he was a lying scumbag
Newspapers also carried stories of mental health issues. Links with narco-terrorists would suggest those mental issues could have been caused or complicated by drug use. Allegedly sleeping with a jailed narco-terrorist's wife suggests serious detachment from reality.
It's not difficult for me to have compassion where Andy Goram is concerned. A world class football talent who will be remembered for all the wrong reasons after a horrible death at a young age. If he hadn't played in the poisonous atmosphere of Ibrox his life and career could have been something to be celebrated.

I have been in a similar position to yourself. Im afraid i will not be offering condolensces to supporters of these sectarian murder gangs.
Understood and respected cara.
Michelle O Neill layed a wreath at the Somme memorial in Belfast recently and I've no problem with that. I'd never wear a poppy or donate to the 'appeal' but I've no issue with people commemorating their dead. There's very little chance of the DUP laying a wreath in Carrickmore or Milltown any time soon and that's OK. We've endured for near a millennium and we shall overcome.

Newspapers also carried stories of mental health issues. Links with narco-terrorists would suggest those mental issues could have been caused or complicated by drug use. Allegedly sleeping with a jailed narco-terrorist's wife suggests serious detachment from reality.
It's not difficult for me to have compassion where Andy Goram is concerned. A world class football talent who will be remembered for all the wrong reasons after a horrible death at a young age. If he hadn't played in the poisonous atmosphere of Ibrox his life and career could have been something to be celebrated.
Agreed i think ibrox and everything connected with that club especially back then didnt help someone like goram heard craig brown say he grew up a man utd fan amd had played for think it was oldham if he had not moved up here then ur most probably correct in that we wid not be talking about this and aye he was a cracking keeper

Understood and respected cara.
Michelle O Neill layed a wreath at the Somme memorial in Belfast recently and I've no problem with that. I'd never wear a poppy or donate to the 'appeal' but I've no issue with people commemorating their dead. There's very little chance of the DUP laying a wreath in Carrickmore or Milltown any time soon and that's OK. We've endured for near a millennium and we shall overcome.
Heres where i contradict myself 32 in a political sense ms o'niel has to be the bigger person MLK had it right eventually attitudes will change 25 year odds since peace process the generations born after on both sides theyre attitude towards it all will be so different i really think a unified ireland is a real possility within the next century unfortunatley change for the better takes too bloody long

No tears shed here.

Fuck him,and everything he adopted when he pulled on his hun top.

Cancer is a fucking level playing field for good and bad, and I hate the fucking thing, but it doesn't mean I have to sympathise with a bigoted hun cunt that would shoot or support someone shooting my children because of their religious beliefs.

No tears shed here.

Fuck him,and everything he adopted when he pulled on his hun top.

Cancer is a fucking level playing field for good and bad, and I hate the fucking thing, but it doesn't mean I have to sympathise with a bigoted hun cunt that would shoot or support someone shooting my children because of their religious beliefs.
No tears here but I can offer sympathy through understanding.
We only have to look around the world to see the affect of toxic philosophies.
Goram fell victim to a toxic philosophy for whatever reasons. He made excuses for his behaviour rather than owning it. He doesn't appear to have been the most intelligent of people. But he is dead and any hate he carried has died with him. Better to let it go and not allow that hate to live on among the living. (Anthrax fans :) šŸ¤˜)

No tears here but I can offer sympathy through understanding.
We only have to look around the world to see the affect of toxic philosophies.
Goram fell victim to a toxic philosophy for whatever reasons. He made excuses for his behaviour rather than owning it. He doesn't appear to have been the most intelligent of people. But he is dead and any hate he carried has died with him. Better to let it go and not allow that hate to live on among the living. (Anthrax fans :) šŸ¤˜)
His excuses and his ex boot of a wife saying religion changed him is to my mind a crock of shite, fuck him and fuck awe the small minded people that believe its OK believe its OK to sympathise with a bigoted hun cunt.

Bye fukin bye ya fuckin hun orange bastard. Say hello sorry hello hello to wee Jimmy. Yer deed like yit team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back