Ange and Spurs

A wee bit of personal perspective before I go on to make my points. Saturday was for me and my family, one of those days which life throws up now and then that stops us in our tracks.
Leaving Hampden was, for me, a slightly strange experience: I was, of course, delighted to witness our clubs history making achievement. I felt both humbled and grateful to be there. On my leisurely walk back to my daughters place, I had a pleasant time going over the events of the season in my head. Have to say I thought our performance on the day was way below what I expected, but overall, I was delighted.
Arriving at my daughters I went straight to the rust bucket to get my phone, I'd it left in the glove compartment: sure enough, I had a couple of messages which, I guess naturally enough, I thought would be about the result. How I wish.
While I was watching our club make history one of our family passed away, so, in the blink of an eye, football was suddenly, and completely irrelevant. Wasn't really unexpected, but still a crushing blow.

Saturdayt 3rd June 2023. I'll never forget it now...for multiple reasons.

Ange. What to make of him ? Well, in truth, I'm not too worked up about it. Disappointed for certain: but I'm too long in the tooth now to be either shocked or surprised.
A couple of weeks back I got a call from a friend, he's a manager in the junior game as its happens. He is as straight and down to earth as they come, no BS or rumour mongering. Just not his style.
He told me Ange had been offered a new three year contract. He got this from someone in our inner circle at Paradise. I stress, I was told this two weeks ago. It is now going the rounds on net.

Ange apparently verbally agreed, but then renegaded on his word. I'm not normally one for speculation, but I have to admit to thinking there's a good probability of this being near the truth.

I think we also have to have acknowledge the difficulty in both recruiting, and keeping, folk of real talent in the Scottish game. This is a problem that won't go away anytime soon. As things stand, we even struggle to keep our best prospects in our academy.

My biggest disappointment is the fact that I feel Ange actually lied to us. That really is the bit I find hard to take. Not the fact that he wants to manage in the EPL, no, it's more the overall dishonesty he has shown. The events since Saturday have proceeded with such alacrity that it's impossible to believe anything else.

A wee bit of personal perspective before I go on to make my points. Saturday was for me and my family, one of those days which life throws up now and then that stops us in our tracks.
Leaving Hampden was, for me, a slightly strange experience: I was, of course, delighted to witness our clubs history making achievement. I felt both humbled and grateful to be there. On my leisurely walk back to my daughters place, I had a pleasant time going over the events of the season in my head. Have to say I thought our performance on the day was way below what I expected, but overall, I was delighted.
Arriving at my daughters I went straight to the rust bucket to get my phone, I'd it left in the glove compartment: sure enough, I had a couple of messages which, I guess naturally enough, I thought would be about the result. How I wish.
While I was watching our club make history one of our family passed away, so, in the blink of an eye, football was suddenly, and completely irrelevant. Wasn't really unexpected, but still a crushing blow.

Ange. What to make of him ? Well, in truth, I'm not too worked up about it. Disappointed for certain: but I'm too long in the tooth now to be either shocked or surprised.
A couple of weeks back I got a call from a friend, he's a manager in the junior game as its happens. He is as straight and down to earth as they come, no BS or rumour mongering. Just not his style.
He told me Ange had been offered a new three year contract. He got this from someone in our inner circle at Paradise. I stress, I was told this two weeks ago. It is now going the rounds on net.

Ange apparently verbally agreed, but then renegaded on his word. I'm not normally one for speculation, but I have to admit to thinking there's a good probability of this being near the truth.

I think we also have to have acknowledge the difficulty in both recruiting, and keeping, folk of real talent in the Scottish game. This is a problem that won't go away anytime soon. As things stand, we even struggle to keep our best prospects in our academy.

My biggest disappointment is the fact that I feel Ange actually lied to us. That really is the bit I find hard to take. Not the fact that he wants to manage in the EPL, no, it's more the overall dishonesty he has shown. The events since Saturday have proceeded with such alacrity that it's impossible to believe anything else.
The lies are what have annoyed a lot of people. He obviously has a forked tongue and he is no legend as far as I am concerned.

Sorry for your loss Frank certainly puts fitba in perspective

HH 🙏

That is very sad news to receive, particularly at such a joyous time and I'll send you my best wishes and condolences. YNWA Frank. 💚

Sorry to hear of your loss Frank as you say at times like that football is of no consequence.
Condolences to you and your family YNWA.

Take care Frank, sorry to hear your sad news.

H.H and YNWA

Ange 06/06/2024
351324346_180248901672751_8542299023370305429_n.jpg

I’m noo gonna get upset by aw the ange lies and stuff, aw the hurt and name calling, we as Celtic fans expect all players and coaches to feel the same way about this club as we do, whilst in reality they don’t, they can sing the songs, kiss the badge, pump their chest, we’re just a big club trapped in a piss poor league on the edge of a continent, we’re a stepping stone to the abundance of riches just over the border…….

The only consistent thing is us lot, the fans 💚🤍💚🤍

I’ve no real interest if ange is a success or failure at spurs, but a know that that’s him and his family set up for life, which I guess would be everyone aim in life

We can only hope that the next transient manager to sit in the seat is also wanted by a top English club, because that would mean he was a success….

Faithful through and through
Hail Hail
Stay strong
Keep the faith
💚🤍💚🤍
🏆🏆🏆x8
🇮🇪

The lies are what have annoyed a lot of people. He obviously has a forked tongue and he is no legend as far as I am concerned.

Sorry for your loss Frank. 🙏

Aye, it's a day of mixed emotions for me felt like this before, when KD left for Liverpool, when Big Jock left for Leeds, Big Cesar left for Villa, when Henrik left for Barcelona, it happens & it feels like betrayal, but its not. It's just they're time at Celtic is over.

Our love for Celtic knows no bounds, our commitment & dedication is there until we die, what do we get back in return days like Saturday, these days are priceless, some if us remember the 90s 1 trophy in 9yrs, remember Wim stopped the 10 & left, remember Barnes football's like chess another fuckin idiot, we we're delighted tae see the back off, but one thing never changes, us.

I remember when the real RFC stopped our 1st 10. My Da told me tae 'KEEP THE FAITH' Tommy

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️WE'RE GLASGOW CELTIC☘️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
The difference is those guys (JS, BMcN, HL) were all great sevants to club. Postecoglou and BR were out at the first flash of EPL knickers after a couple of seasons. So to me it does feel like betrayal.
Then we get all the usual great club, fantastic support, etc guff in the parting statement. Fuck off Ange and spare us the hypocrasy.
🤬🤬🤯

Just read the statement, brought tears to my eyes. The whole club didn't want him to leave. But he has and we move on.

As our captain (can we call him a legend, oh yes!) has stated, "“We move on to our own challenges. Our performances this season mean we will take our place deservedly in the Champions League and we can’t wait for it.

I can't wait either..... Come on! Champions League here we come!

Just read the statement, brought tears to my eyes. The whole club didn't want him to leave. But he has and we move on.

As our captain (can we call him a legend, oh yes!) has stated, "“We move on to our own challenges. Our performances this season mean we will take our place deservedly in the Champions League and we can’t wait for it.

I can't wait either..... Come on! Champions League here we come!
Reminds me of the old saying "if you love something set it free, if it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it"!

Members online

Latest posts

Back