Any builders on the Noise?

Since this has become the driving thread 🤷‍♂️ the missus convinced me to take her out last night to photograph the aurora....
KP5 solar storm, all the stats going off the scale, going to be amazing apparently 🙄
The only place with clear sky's according to the Met Office? Aviemore, yes fucking Aviemore!
Arrived in Aviemore at 11pm fucking starving, is there a McDonald's, KFC, Burger King? Is there fuck, there's a chippy and a subway but both shut. Fine there's a Tesco, tried that it's shut. Went to the only petrol station to get a shite overpriced sandwich, its shut as well. Fuck me this is supposed to be a winter tourist attraction!!
Drove to the Cairngorm carpark for a night of exciting aurora watching, cloudy as fuck! Sat there for 2 hours drinking luke warm coffee from a flask listening to my stomach rumble, no mobile reception so I couldn't even fuck about on my phone to entertain myself! What a ball ache! Then we left to drive home, about 10 miles down the A9 a suicidal deer jumped out in front of us, don't know why it was suicidal perhaps it had spent an evening aurora watching in Aviemore! Anyway it was very close to having Honda permanently stamped on its arse!
Got home at 4.30am with this nagging question repeating in my head, why didn't I just stay at home and get pished???🤷‍♂️

Since this has become the driving thread 🤷‍♂️ the missus convinced me to take her out last night to photograph the aurora....
KP5 solar storm, all the stats going off the scale, going to be amazing apparently 🙄
The only place with clear sky's according to the Met Office? Aviemore, yes fucking Aviemore!
Arrived in Aviemore at 11pm fucking starving, is there a McDonald's, KFC, Burger King? Is there fuck, there's a chippy and a subway but both shut. Fine there's a Tesco, tried that it's shut. Went to the only petrol station to get a shite overpriced sandwich, its shut as well. Fuck me this is supposed to be a winter tourist attraction!!
Drove to the Cairngorm carpark for a night of exciting aurora watching, cloudy as fuck! Sat there for 2 hours drinking luke warm coffee from a flask listening to my stomach rumble, no mobile reception so I couldn't even fuck about on my phone to entertain myself! What a ball ache! Then we left to drive home, about 10 miles down the A9 a suicidal deer jumped out in front of us, don't know why it was suicidal perhaps it had spent an evening aurora watching in Aviemore! Anyway it was very close to having Honda permanently stamped on its arse!
Got home at 4.30am with this nagging question repeating in my head, why didn't I just stay at home and get pished???🤷‍♂️
You like a whinge pal by fuck your do
I feel for the mrs more than the suicidal deer

I’ve done the same thing 2-3 times, now I’ve gave up, someone once said to me if you go looking for it, you’ll never see it, wife still has the aura watch app on her phone, it sends notifications/alerts, when she says there’s a strong chance of seeing the northern lights tonight…..ah just say,….is it …aye 🤣🤣🤣

Members online

Latest posts

Back