Are my eyes deceiving me mhairi black mp wins award in Scotland

This is hopefully brief and to the point.
Many on this site are second generation Irish scots and proud to be.
To hear that the mp from Paisley and a young snp voice has won an award in Scotland fills me with deep sadness about the country I have been brought up and lived and worked in for most of my life. This after all was the same mp who wrote of the plastic Irishmen . When writing of my community . Not even private prejudices whispered in the lodge or committee room, but brazenly espoused instead in an open forum of public pronouncements . Published confidently in the firm knowledge that this statement would not harm her standing in the Scottish establishment but enhance it.
Barely a year later an award is forthcoming to ms black from some body or other in the best small country in the world.
Plenty of room at the back of the bus bhoys.
There has to be some way to show our disdain for this insult to injury moment. This is more of the Neil Lennon brought it on himself. Mcgeady being a traitor for playing for Ireland , the game will be played at murrayfield ( I personally suggested a boycott ) and of course all this free press that are only allowed non controversial commentary on the StRangers fc.
Am I alone in my outrage at this?

To hear that the mp from Paisley and a young snp voice has won an award in Scotland fills me with deep sadness about the country I have been brought up and lived and worked in for most of my life. This after all was the same mp who wrote of the plastic Irishmen . When writing of my community . Not even private prejudices whispered in the lodge or committee room, but brazenly espoused instead in an open forum of public pronouncements . Published confidently in the firm knowledge that this statement would not harm her standing in the Scottish establishment but enhance it.
Barely a year later an award is forthcoming to ms black from some body or other in the best small country in the world.
There has to be some way to show our disdain for this insult to injury moment. This is more of the Neil Lennon brought it on himself. Mcgeady being a traitor for playing for Ireland , the game will be played at murrayfield ( I personally suggested a boycott ) and of course all this free press that are only allowed non controversial commentary on the StRangers fc.

How do you think we should respond? Vote for the Labour Party who have betrayed the working class in Scotland? She made a cunt of it with her tweets. People can change. She does a good job now. It’s another symptom of how we hold onto old scores. I’m not outraged at all. People come out with a lot of shite when they are young. They can change though, and I really focus on how people do now. Not what they tweeted when pished. For the record I too was raging when McGeady chose to play for the Republic, but for purely football reasons.

I hated what she said, but I hate the Labour Party up here even more for their treachery in aiding with Tories, for voting for the Bedroom Tax. For voting £30b benefit cuts to balance the books. For supporting Project Fear during Indy.

Compared to those crimes whatvshe said as a Sevconian wee lassie pales into insignificance.

What has this to do with football , on a Celtic site ?
Has she commented on the latest upsurge in Celtic's form , has she drummed up support for the Sevco 'journey ' , has she come out in support of the SFA ?
When she or any politician starts commenting on the football then we can discuss their views .

Has she commented on the latest upsurge in Celtic's form , has she drummed up support for the Sevco 'journey ' , has she come out in support of the SFA ?
When she or any politician starts commenting on the football then we can discuss their views .
To be fair this is in the general chat thread and with a majority of Celtic’s supporters being people with Irish heritage there’s no reason for Auld Celtic Punk not to discuss it on here if he/she wants to.

To be fair this is in the general chat thread and with a majority of Celtic’s supporters being people with Irish heritage there’s no reason for Auld Celtic Punk not to discuss it on here if he/she wants to.

People get outraged too often about too much. She was awarded whatever the fuck it was for being an MP, not for drunken I’ll advised moronic tweets.

To say people can’t grow up and denying her the chance to do so and contribute more to society is a bit much was my view.

People should be able to post what they like and people can respond as they like, it’s a two way street.

People get outraged too often about too much. She was awarded whatever the fuck it was for being an MP, not for drunken I’ll advised moronic tweets.

To say people can’t grow up and denying her the chance to do so and contribute more to society is a bit much was my view.

People should be able to post what they like and people can respond as they like, it’s a two way street.
Totally agree with you. It’s a two way street indeed, people should be allowed to discuss what topics they want.

This forum is General Chat. Yes?

To me that means it is reasonable that we can all chat away in the "General Chat Forum" about any topics we would like to discuss, hopefully within certain acceptable boundaries.

That may even be why there is a "General Chat Forum" and also a seperate "Celtic Chat Forum" Yes?

So whether it's Mhairi Black or Cilla Black as long as the topic is not offensive or in breach of the blog guidelines imo then surely any poster has the right to discuss what he or she wants without censure.

If you don't like the topic then stay away from it or express an opinion to the contrary like has already been done.

Makes sense to me!

I do not even know where to start with this response to my post.
I posted about the second class treatment of my community by a sitting mp in this parliamentary year from Scotland who was a member of the snp for Paisley . Her name is mhairi black .
The snl mp for Paisley mhairi black was given a saltire society outstanding woman of Scotland award this week in spite of her anti Irish scots statement of December 2017 ( less than a year ago and presumably therefore not a drunken wee fourteen year olds post. Instead a presumably honestly held opinion which she freely gave in an interview to the Scottish political forum holyrood.com and published on 18 12 2017)
I went further to chastise Scottish society in general for allowing this sort of overt racism to continue, and worse flourish by the presenting of an award to an opinion former who expresses such opinions.
I then pointed out a few other examples that are pertinent to the football world.
I am not and never have been a part of any political party. Theverdict you have brought your own prejudice into play . You have deflected and aggressively attempted to move my discussion points to benefit an argument you are not having on what I have said But upon what you wish or think I have said in order to push an agenda you are trying to push.
From your basic anti labour diatribe I feel you have some snp connection and I would urge you from within the party to question such opinions which do your cause no credit and further rather than defending the plastic Irish comment I would urge you to press for some form of censure for the mp in question.
If this is not forthcoming I would urge fellow Irish scots who support Celtic to chose their political party on the basis of their treatment And intention towards us rather than what we assume they intend to us.
Yep and I posted on the general chat thinking this was the purpose. If I am out of order by doing so it was not my intention.
Yours in Celtic hh.

SNP were making noises about changing Act of Settlement but then wee diddy doadie (big heed nae bodie) Nicola started concessions that we would still have the Queen and the protestant trimmings - never a party to be trusted. Celtic fans should stop confusing Scottish Nationalism with Irish Nationalism. They introduced a Law to address sectarianism and used it primarily against Celtic fans. Billy Connolly doesn't want Brexit and neither do I but f*** the SNP. Celtic Board betrayed their own fans once with the misuse of our support and cash but I didn't abandon them for Rangers. HH

SNP were making noises about changing Act of Settlement but then wee diddy doadie (big heed nae bodie) Nicola started concessions that we would still have the Queen and the protestant trimmings - never a party to be trusted. Celtic fans should stop confusing Scottish Nationalism with Irish Nationalism. They introduced a Law to address sectarianism and used it primarily against Celtic fans. Billy Connolly doesn't want Brexit and neither do I but f*** the SNP. Celtic Board betrayed their own fans once with the misuse of our support and cash but I didn't abandon them for Rangers. HH

So who do you vote for?

I must add that i knew this when i checked out the thread and could have avoided it. I chose to be nosey. I personally think this forum doesn't need political issues as there are plenty of other forums to voice any concerns over politics.
I apologise in advance if in saying this i upset some.
HH?

I must add that i knew this when i checked out the thread and could have avoided it. I chose to be nosey. I personally think this forum doesn't need political issues as there are plenty of other forums to voice any concerns over politics.
I apologise in advance if in saying this i upset some.
HH?

Nobody will be upset. Some might not agree with you. But, that’s life.

I posted about the second class treatment of my community by a sitting mp in this parliamentary year from Scotland who was a member of the snp for Paisley . Her name is mhairi black .
The snl mp for Paisley mhairi black was given a saltire society outstanding woman of Scotland award this week in spite of her anti Irish scots statement of December 2017 ( less than a year ago and presumably therefore not a drunken wee fourteen year olds post. Instead a presumably honestly held opinion which she freely gave in an interview to the Scottish political forum holyrood.com and published on 18 12 2017)
I went further to chastise Scottish society in general for allowing this sort of overt racism to continue, and worse flourish by the presenting of an award to an opinion former who expresses such opinions.
I then pointed out a few other examples that are pertinent to the football world.
I am not and never have been a part of any political party. Theverdict you have brought your own prejudice into play . You have deflected and aggressively attempted to move my discussion points to benefit an argument you are not having on what I have said But upon what you wish or think I have said in order to push an agenda you are trying to push.
From your basic anti labour diatribe I feel you have some snp connection and I would urge you from within the party to question such opinions which do your cause no credit and further rather than defending the plastic Irish comment I would urge you to press for some form of censure for the mp in question.
If this is not forthcoming I would urge fellow Irish scots who support Celtic to chose their political party on the basis of their treatment And intention towards us rather than what we assume they intend to us.
Yep and I posted on the general chat thinking this was the purpose. If I am out of order by doing so it was not my intention.
Yours in Celtic hh.
Yours in Celtic hh.
You do not need to apologise in any way
MB was NOT a daft wee lassie when she made her infamous statement
She was an adult running for power
Yes she will mature .... but I’ve said it on here a few times. What is in your heart eventually comes out of your mouth
She is deeply bitter for some unknown reason about Catholicism and or Celtic ..that much is certain.
I have listened to her quite a few times since that outburst and in general I have been impressed with her
She has taken on board a few difficult subjects and excelled
There is no doubt she has been gifted with a brain and a good Catholic education has no doubt helped her
You are right to question why in God’s earth is she getting any award
Unless and until such time as she apologises profusely for her remarks then she should be considered the same class of racist bigot as the currently outed Ian Durrant
AND btw keep posting on the general chat area what you think is of relevance to us
FWIW I thought you’d post was interesting and very relevant as I wasn’t aware of her award

Back