Are my eyes deceiving me mhairi black mp wins award in Scotland

This forum is General Chat. Yes?

To me that means it is reasonable that we can all chat away in the "General Chat Forum" about any topics we would like to discuss, hopefully within certain acceptable boundaries.

That may even be why there is a "General Chat Forum" and also a seperate "Celtic Chat Forum" Yes?

So whether it's Mhairi Black or Cilla Black as long as the topic is not offensive or in breach of the blog guidelines imo then surely any poster has the right to discuss what he or she wants without censure.

If you don't like the topic then stay away from it or express an opinion to the contrary like has already been done.

Makes sense to me!

Voice of sense, well said imatim ????

What exactly did Black mean by her comment about Plastic Irishmen? For the record, I have never voted SNP in my life. When I lived on Scotland (decades ago) the SNP were a bit of a toxic pill. I was under the impression that things had changed and so I would like a better of idea of Black's intent. Perhaps she has been exposed to Yahoo's who couldn't point to Derry on a map, who knows? But she has clearly rejected her Catholic background, which she is free to do.
My two daughters decided to stop attending Mass, and these days have nothing in common with anything Catholic, so it can happen and I accept their decision (although it does make me sad to think about it). Black may have a reason for her name calling (and quite a few on here have gone down the path of low level insults so she is not unique.)
So before things go too far, can anyone give some insight to the context of her use of the phrase 'plastic Irishmen' and whether it was comedic or poor taste and crass.

I do not even know where to start with this response to my post.
I posted about the second class treatment of my community by a sitting mp in this parliamentary year from Scotland who was a member of the snp for Paisley . Her name is mhairi black .
The snl mp for Paisley mhairi black was given a saltire society outstanding woman of Scotland award this week in spite of her anti Irish scots statement of December 2017 ( less than a year ago and presumably therefore not a drunken wee fourteen year olds post. Instead a presumably honestly held opinion which she freely gave in an interview to the Scottish political forum holyrood.com and published on 18 12 2017)
I went further to chastise Scottish society in general for allowing this sort of overt racism to continue, and worse flourish by the presenting of an award to an opinion former who expresses such opinions.
I then pointed out a few other examples that are pertinent to the football world.
I am not and never have been a part of any political party. Theverdict you have brought your own prejudice into play . You have deflected and aggressively attempted to move my discussion points to benefit an argument you are not having on what I have said But upon what you wish or think I have said in order to push an agenda you are trying to push.
From your basic anti labour diatribe I feel you have some snp connection and I would urge you from within the party to question such opinions which do your cause no credit and further rather than defending the plastic Irish comment I would urge you to press for some form of censure for the mp in question.
If this is not forthcoming I would urge fellow Irish scots who support Celtic to chose their political party on the basis of their treatment And intention towards us rather than what we assume they intend to us.
Yep and I posted on the general chat thinking this was the purpose. If I am out of order by doing so it was not my intention.
Yours in Celtic hh.

Absolutely not, its a thread in the correct part of the forum, its not you that needs to wind your neck in here.

Ffs people trying to censor our own, if it offends don’t read it be responsible for yourself and we’ll all get on fine

What exactly did Black mean by her comment about Plastic Irishmen? For the record, I have never voted SNP in my life. When I lived on Scotland (decades ago) the SNP were a bit of a toxic pill. I was under the impression that things had changed and so I would like a better of idea of Black's intent. Perhaps she has been exposed to Yahoo's who couldn't point to Derry on a map, who knows? But she has clearly rejected her Catholic background, which she is free to do.
My two daughters decided to stop attending Mass, and these days have nothing in common with anything Catholic, so it can happen and I accept their decision (although it does make me sad to think about it). Black may have a reason for her name calling (and quite a few on here have gone down the path of low level insults so she is not unique.)
So before things go too far, can anyone give some insight to the context of her use of the phrase 'plastic Irishmen' and whether it was comedic or poor taste and crass.

No she was acting like a nasty wee hairy and showing her complete disdain for one side of glasgow. She was playing to the blue gallery without a doubt and nicola sturgeon wasn’t happy about being asked about it.

Mhairi Black doesn't need me to defend her but I've read the full article in the Holyrood Magazine and I think I can understand what she meant by the phrase ''plastic Irishmen'' . Whether others wish to actually read the article is up to them - and their conclusions are their own affair .

She was standing as an MP in 2015 and was , naturally under attack from all quarters of the Labour Party as she threatened one of their own - Douglas Alexander - and was receiving all kinds of abuse for her comments ( as a 14 year old ! ) about alcohol , partying , Celtic and other topics .
She saw some of the critics as hypocrites or ''plastic Irishmen '' because their only connection with Ireland was for 90 minutes at a football game , yet they were condemning her views as if they had given their lives for the Cause .
Everyone is entitled to their view . If you don't like Mhairi Black or the SNP , fine . I for one can understand exactly where she was coming from as my own mother could be classed as a ''plastic Irishwoman '' given that she was a stout supporter of Ireland and all things Irish ( including singing rebel songs endlessly when drunk ) despite never having any connection whatsoever with Ireland .

Mhairi Black doesn't need me to defend her but I've read the full article in the Holyrood Magazine and I think I can understand what she meant by the phrase ''plastic Irishmen'' . Whether others wish to actually read the article is up to them - and their conclusions are their own affair .

She was standing as an MP in 2015 and was , naturally under attack from all quarters of the Labour Party as she threatened one of their own - Douglas Alexander - and was receiving all kinds of abuse for her comments ( as a 14 year old ! ) about alcohol , partying , Celtic and other topics .
She saw some of the critics as hypocrites or ''plastic Irishmen '' because their only connection with Ireland was for 90 minutes at a football game , yet they were condemning her views as if they had given their lives for the Cause .
Everyone is entitled to their view . If you don't like Mhairi Black or the SNP , fine . I for one can understand exactly where she was coming from as my own mother could be classed as a ''plastic Irishwoman '' given that she was a stout supporter of Ireland and all things Irish ( including singing rebel songs endlessly when drunk ) despite never having any connection whatsoever with Ireland .

Millsy i appreciate what your saying but your original post to the old bhoy that started the thread was one of censor, now this is the general chit chat thread and i wouldvlike to remind you that your good self voted in TETS thread, about supporting a general chit chat thread and that it should be respectful but not censored.
When we do this too each other it may withdraw the pleasure sought through conversation on a subject thats appealing for the OP.

HH Millsy ☘️

I think I have always been respectful , haven't I ? Can you point me to a post of mine where I have been disrespectful to anyone on here ?

How sad huns would have exploited Gazza and how could the guy possibly go up and accept his award, the guy is ill, no matter how you dress it up the photo on the right is the real Gazza at present, the guyis a mess and needs help not trophies. An award would only have provided more gravy for the vultures to exploit the guy.
Untitled.png

I think I have always been respectful , haven't I ? Can you point me to a post of mine where I have been disrespectful to anyone on here ?

Oh no, thats not what i was saying pal so if you took it that way that was not my intention and im sorry for that.

I was making the point when our man TET posted a thread on the possibilty of a general chit chat section that 95% of a few posters voted on you and i included the notes said well yes shouldn’t be a problem as long as people were respectful.

I believe on that thread your own note was tongue in cheek stating should we open a thread to ask about posting a thread.

I read from that that you were definitely in agreement for a general chit chat as a few posters prior to that were getting censored of other tims.

No Millsy you have never been disrespectful.

Just think the auld bhoy was a bit lost on why he seemed to be getting censored and if im honest it seems he was, from my interpretation of your post.

People needvto be comfortable to post as some are not as vocal as others, it would be a shame not to hear from everyone thats all im saying.

HH ☘️

How sad huns would have exploited Gazza and how could the guy possibly go up and accept his award, the guy is ill, no matter how you dress it up the photo on the right is the real Gazza at present, the guyis a mess and needs help not trophies. An award would only have provided more gravy for the vultures to exploit the guy.
View attachment 283

Id rather congratulate the main man mr roy aitken. Seen him many times in the 80’s.

Nice to see he didn’t get cheated here.

Get in their big man ???

Id rather congratulate the main man mr roy aitken. Seen him many times in the 80’s.

Nice to see he didn’t get cheated here.

Get in their big man ???

Regardless of awards and who gets them the Gazza scenario showed that it was more about the huns getting the guy in than the guy as a person. The guy is a wrong un we know but he is in need of help before he is punished, everybody deserves that. The guy is been misled and is at a stage he will no longer see it, he has one aim and its the next fix and it could be the last.

Millsy I do not take offence with your opinion . I do take umbrage at your rewriting of the facts. It is a classic deflection tactic. You stated that the plastic Irishmen statement was from the election. If I am reading your comment correctly. If this is your opinion you are wrong . As the published account of the election was added to by the comment about plastic Irishmen which is clearly a comment in 2017 as far as I can determine for the Dec 18 2017 article and not a historical comment as stated in your piece.
I hate facts getting in the way of your good argument but facts are facts. Is there no one in all this web that is able to oppose my case , or are there just no snp followers supporters or party members who have the strength of character to stand up for decency . For the decency to condem both the the 10 month old anti Irish scots comment , for the decency to reject thePaisley mp for her bigoted comment and for the saltire society for rewarding such an opinion thus making me feel it necessary to comment.
Can some of you who condemn me not listen to what I am posting rather than what you think I am saying.
I am not part of any political party and never have been . As I stated I find this award abhorrent and a kick in the teeth for all Irish scots myself not least. This is why I started this thread.
IT is a sad day when the ideology of a party prevents those party supporters from seeing the facts of an argument for what they are. Or feel they cannot oppose for fear of what this results in rather than being strong enough to call a spade a spade.
Yours in Celtic hh

Regardless of awards and who gets them the Gazza scenario showed that it was more about the huns getting the guy in than the guy as a person. The guy is a wrong un we know but he is in need of help before he is punished, everybody deserves that. The guy is been misled and is at a stage he will no longer see it, he has one aim and its the next fix and it could be the last.

You n i both know my history wi the booze, only gaza can help himself but your right no-one should be without help.

I reckon looking at him he does not posess the urge to fight and i am not without compassion for his plight.

But here’s the thing Boab, nobody can fight the fight for him.

He has over-indulged to excess and everyone battered that gravy train on when his misery was as clear as the nose on your face.

They will all turn up at his funeral with crocodile tears and no-one will accept they helped put him in the box.

I would hazard a guess and its only a guess that most Celtic supporters in the wrst coast of scotland mind do indeed have irish heritage/ancestry.

The OP was saying after her comment that its a disgrace that she is being given an award, i agree with him, also this does take nothing away from the SNP other than their ability to act accordingly at the time.

They themselves have called for the resignations of other public speaking mps for slights against constituents with sweeping generalisations that are deemed offensive.

Surely as an mp they should know better than to let their mouths run away with themselves

Back