Atmosphere

I have to say everywhere I travelled to watch my beloved Glasgow Celtic I felt the atmosphere. ..loved being in Seville and experiencing what my Dad did in Milan in 70 and his Dad in Lisbon 67 .....3 European finals in one lifetime for me and for many others on the noise I am sure ...But i have to say I felt the same when I travelled anywhere the atmosphere was always in my head. ..of course there are special memories and so many have been called out on this thread . ..I am just so delighted that I attended most ...the beauty is we all know there is more to come ....great thread STG. Hail Hail 🍀
As one of the old timers on the noise I remember Lisbon watched on telly, dinner was mince and totties, couldn't eat it too excited, after the final whistle can remember my old man holding me as we watched out of the window as the fans in our street sang and danced it still brings tears to my eyes, 7years old and a supporterof the champions of Europe HH

As one of the old timers on the noise I remember Lisbon watched on telly, dinner was mince and totties, couldn't eat it too excited, after the final whistle can remember my old man holding me as we watched out of the window as the fans in our street sang and danced it still brings tears to my eyes, 7years old and a supporterof the champions of Europe HH
Weer aboot the same age pal 🍀

Reminded my older brother of the day this week that my dad put him on his shoulders and danced in the street..the auld mans anniversary is this week i promised my wee maw i would remember my dad forever and if you look Smelltheglove in the Greenock Telegraph on the 26th you will see I stuck to my promise 23 years and counting.

So true, he was world class and gave us his best years. Was really glad for him that he won the CL with Barcelona, a game he turned when he came on as a sub.
I was lucky enough to be at the game in Seville, it was an incredible day to be a Celtic supporter made you proud but I have never watched the match again even though I have it on dvd. Just can't bring myself to, it was tough to get that close and not win. Even though Porto were probably the best team in Europe at that time.
Im sure it was Henry after the game that said thank Henrik Larsson for Barca winning it,something like that anyway.

The difference in Seville was wee Deco,bad for the diving but what a player that wee guy was.

PSG in Paris early 90s

out sung the psg ultras at the game and after it they stayed and stared in disbelief we'd lost the game but out sung them atmosphere was buzzing

Mark hughes testimonial was bouncing at old trafford

but this for me was a great atmosphere

Another game whereby another Hun thug gets away with GBH thanks to the cheating MIB, Collum

Reminded my older brother of the day this week that my dad put him on his shoulders and danced in the street..the auld mans anniversary is this week i promised my wee maw i would remember my dad forever and if you look Smelltheglove in the Greenock Telegraph on the 26th you will see I stuck to my promise 23 years and counting.
Nicely put today mag 7 👏
Thoughts with you and yours

Members online

Back