Atmosphere

Smelltheg-love

Nothing like a bit of Russ Abbott

Nah seriously, was talking about games of old with pal and we were pondering about the best atmosphere we've been in.
We broke it down that sometimes its a big game and sometimes its just a few minutes following a big goal. It doesn't have to be a whole game can be a few minutes, here and there.

From memory of that convo,
the end of their ten was class,
the return to the CL and the tune getting blasted out v Man City,
the birthday bash v Barca, got to my seat and a boy turns round from row in front, here lads, i brought in 2 bottles of Bucky but won't drink 1 - lift off
Being 20 yards fae the lazio fans at Parkhead and that last few minutes

oh and memorably, getting tickets besides the huns for that first game with only 800 huns at parkhead,
the downside was we were a few yards fae the cops so the hipflasks and the puff were kept in pockets,
but my abiding memory was full time and the celtic fans refusing to leave so they couldn't, giving them pelters for 15 minutes and watching their end going fucking tonto in anger

over to y'all, it's time to remind ourselves why we suffer moments like these for our love of being a part of the Celtic family

Last edited:
Nothing like a bit of Russ Abbott

Nah seriously, was talking about games of old with pal and we were pondering about the best atmosphere we've been in.
We broke it down that sometimes its a big game and sometimes its just a few minutes following a big goal. It doesn't have to be a whole game can be a few minutes, here and there.

From memory of that convo,
the end of their ten was class,
the return to the CL and the tune getting blasted out v Man City,
the birthday bash v Barca, got to my seat and a boy turns round from row in front, here lads, i brought in 2 bottles of Bucky but won't drink 1 - lift off
Being 20 yards fae the lazio fans at Parkhead and that last few minutes

oh and memorably, getting tickets besides the huns for that first game with only 800 huns at parkhead,
the downside was we were a few yards fae the cops so the hipflasks and the puff were kept in pockets,
but my abiding memory was full time and the celtic fans refusing to leave so they couldn't, giving them pelters for 15 minutes and watching their end going fucking tonto in anger

over to y'all, it's time to remind ourselves why we love being a part of it
Hip flasks and puff..dont expect any less from a fuckin bam fae Greenock

8000 of us at their place wining & doing the bounce after them singing we couldn't do it. For 30mins after the game we partied & laughting at them. Them going nut & 1 guy wanting to square go us all. Think it might have been the game Rooney was at. That was funny.

Big Billy’s winner in the Scottish Cup Final v Dunfermline.....absolute fckn bedlam.....Jock Stein had arrived and Celtic were on the way to total domestic dominance and European glory.....canny beat that...
Got a framed photo, ( black and white ), of that goal. For many of us that was the start of the journey with, of course, the squad which eventually gave the club its greatest achievement in Lisbon . It's another one of those questions highlighting how privileged I feel to be able to say I'm a Celtic supporter. Just too many wonderful moments. Albert Kidd anyone ? I simply can't fill a post with a lifetime of joy. Even walking to my seat in Paradise almost feels spiritual. Thanks for the question STG. A wonderful diversion from some of the depressing stuff we've been talking about recently. HH

In terms of decibels I'll go back decades to when we could all stand , which helped especially when it was a freezing cold night at CP, the body heat was welcome under the wee half roof of the Celtic end. The loudest I've ever heard has to be the Celtic 2 - 2 Ajax game. I couldnt hear my mate who was all of 30 centimetres away ears popped it was incredible , truly awesome in the truest nature of the word. Also working as a steward in the broomloan when the king of kings , petrov and I think Thompson put 3 past klos. I was very lucky to land such an innocuous job that allowed me access to places ordinary punters like maself could only dream of. I would also like to give a special mention to a game I wasnt at but was in Tennants bar the night Celtic overturned a 2-0 defeat to shakhtar karagandy and the atmosphere in that pub when our 3rd goal went in was something to behold. Could write a book on this actually ( Dinna worry I'll keep it to a novel) lastly the 3-0 game against Dundee on the clubs 100th birthday was simply unique. Never before or after have I seen thousands of supporters walk down the touchline from Celtic end to the rangers end whilst the game was still playing. We all know that this was because the board had let in too many people, 45, 000 to be exact 😂. That Celtic board had no shame CP could easily accommodate 45 thousand people but there were easily 90, 000 inside the stadium . The Kelly's and Whites as much lying tax Dodgers as any of the old / new/mob at ibrokes

Rocket, bam fae Greenock
It all coming out now

You from some leafy suburb somewhere, likely you bought a plastic plant fae B&M and you think you do, just like your moniker of a pretend gangster, the only thing you can likely batter is your keyboard ya fucking walloper
Im no into the arguing online ya muppet but i reckon id have no problems with you 🤣

There ye go Bri, Ian St John and Arthur Montford commentating.
Celtic could have scored 4 or 5 in the second half o that game. Some great saves fae the Madrid keeper. Johnny Doyle's goal is great too.
Lennox in the team too- 13 years after Lisbon. What a career.
Tragic too when ye think of Doyle and Cunningham who would be lost to tragic accidents in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
Back