Back home in my own bed

Final update on my Aortic Journey

I was discharged from Golden Jubilee yesterday evening 5 days after having my new Aortic Valve fitted

They seem to be chuffed with my progress as indeed am I

Have nothing but complete respect for all of these people I"m certainly not cut out to do it

So no driving for at least 3 weeks

On Warferin for life but it is what it is

Start exercising again get back to maximum fitness Spend the summer down at the beach with my grandsons weather permitting

Just want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who messaged liked or enquired over my situation It honestly meant so much to me

I believe whoever wrote 'Celtic More Than Just A Club' definitely got the overall consensus and feeling of the supporters from the get go and I feel proud and privileged to have experienced such emotion and encouragement directed towards me in my own personal circumstances over the past few months as I struggled through

HH?

Good to hear that you're recovering my friend. I hope you keep progressing. Sláinte mhath!

HH.

I was discharged from Golden Jubilee yesterday evening 5 days after having my new Aortic Valve fitted

Have nothing but complete respect for all of these people I"m certainly not cut out to do it

Start exercising again get back to maximum fitness Spend the summer down at the beach with my grandsons weather permitting

Just want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who messaged liked or enquired over my situation It honestly meant so much to me

I believe whoever wrote 'Celtic More Than Just A Club' definitely got the overall consensus and feeling of the supporters from the get go and I feel proud and privileged to have experienced such emotion and encouragement directed towards me in my own personal circumstances over the past few months as I struggled through

HH?
Great to hear you're home Bill, you'll be amazed at how good you'll feel as the weeks go along, just don't overdo it mate
I did after mine and ended up back in hospital for a week, with pneumonia
My boy went through qaquintuple bypass recently & has been home now for three weeks today
He's doing well and gets stronger every day
Remember to sit in the back seat when you're being chauffered around for the first few weeks/months, due to the airbags in the front
It's funny to see people's faces, when I take Kyle out, for a grocery run, or doctor's appointment, we have Beau (our dog) in the front seat and Kyle in the back
You're doing great mate and sending you the best for this Father's Day (here) and the future, to you and your family
YNWA
HH

Great to hear you're home Bill, you'll be amazed at how good you'll feel as the weeks go along, just don't overdo it mate
I did after mine and ended up back in hospital for a week, with pneumonia
My boy went through qaquintuple bypass recently & has been home now for three weeks today
He's doing well and gets stronger every day
Remember to sit in the back seat when you're being chauffered around for the first few weeks/months, due to the airbags in the front
It's funny to see people's faces, when I take Kyle out, for a grocery run, or doctor's appointment, we have Beau (our dog) in the front seat and Kyle in the back
You're doing great mate and sending you the best for this Father's Day (here) and the future, to you and your family
YNWA
HH

If you're busy looking after your son, Dill, I'll take Beau off your hands for you. Just for a wee while of course. ;)

HH?
Glad your hame Bill,take it steady mate hope you have had a great day today my best to you and your family. Jim

Last edited:
He looks like he has a lovely nature, too. Must be the hairiest ever Celtic fan.
He does have a beautiful nature, we go to the local care home twice a month and he brightens up everyone's day
He loves the attention & they have about 20 pics of him in a glass picture frame, at the facility
This lady is originally from Edinburgh, when we first got there, he walked straight up to her and sat down,must have been her accent ;-)
Bill, sorry we seem to have hijacked your thread
So glad to hear you're back in your own environment and wish you all the best as you recuperate
You've been through major trauma and rest when you need it, exercise when you're up to it, with moderation
HH

Attachments

• Beau Maureen cuddle 2.JPG
    Beau Maureen cuddle 2.JPG
    639.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Beau Jocelyn 1.JPG
    Beau Jocelyn 1.JPG
    618.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back