Bad feelings foreboding and misgivings

BILLCOWIE1958

I'm sitting writing this post and wondering what kind of reaction if any it will induce but it's not being written to receive adulation or criticism It's being written because I believe it needs saying

Over the next 2 weeks we have 4 matches which will go a long wait to defining our season

2 games in the Europa League qualifiers v AIK
Hertz at home in the League and the HUNS away

After our showings in our last 2 games my confidence is the same as the team's Shot to bits

Cards on the table I believe we will FAIL to qualify for EL group stages I think we will be lucky to get a draw v Hertz and as for the match at Ibrokes I don't even want to contemplate that We could be decimated Truly humiliated
I cannot remember the last time if ever I've felt so negative at the start of a season

Not since Strachan's 1st season have we failed to qualify for Europe and our 1st league game v Motherwell away where we'd thrown away the Title on the last day of the previous season we only managed to scrape a 3-3draw by the skin of our teeth We did however go on to win the Title by a 17 point margin Right now I'd happily accept winning the Title by a margin of 1 point
We also won the League Cup

I note we've signed our 5th acquisition of the season Jonathan Abolabi from Southampton I hope to fuck that he is a better prospect than his surname makes him sound I'm pretty sure I know what his nickname is going to be

Do we need to have a failure of a season to make the Board and Lawell sit up and take notice? Would it make them take any notice? Does Desmond want out and leave with as much money as possible? Lawell certainly won't want out as he knows on which side his bread is buttered

I hope in my heart of heart that I'm wrong and that the Pessimist Pixies have just been fucking with my brain but sometimes I just get that feeling of impending danger and right now red lights are flashing the sound of sirens is giving me earache and my brain is screaming 'DEFCON2'

HH?

I'm sitting writing this post and wondering what kind of reaction if any it will induce but it's not being written to receive adulation or criticism It's being written because I believe it needs saying

Over the next 2 weeks we have 4 matches which will go a long wait to defining our season

After our showings in our last 2 games my confidence is the same as the team's Shot to bits

Cards on the table I believe we will FAIL to qualify for EL group stages I think we will be lucky to get a draw v Hertz and as for the match at Ibrokes I don't even want to contemplate that We could be decimated Truly humiliated
I cannot remember the last time if ever I've felt so negative at the start of a season

Not since Strachan's 1st season have we failed to qualify for Europe and our 1st league game v Motherwell away where we'd thrown away the Title on the last day of the previous season we only managed to scrape a 3-3draw by the skin of our teeth We did however go on to win the Title by a 17 point margin Right now I'd happily accept winning the Title by a margin of 1 point

I note we've signed our 5th acquisition of the season Jonathan Abolabi from Southampton I hope to fuck that he is a better prospect than his surname makes him sound I'm pretty sure I know what his nickname is going to be

Do we need to have a failure of a season to make the Board and Lawell sit up and take notice? Would it make them take any notice? Does Desmond want out and leave with as much money as possible? Lawell certainly won't want out as he knows on which side his bread is buttered

I hope in my heart of heart that I'm wrong and that the Pessimist Pixies have just been fucking with my brain but sometimes I just get that feeling of impending danger and right now red lights are flashing the sound of sirens is giving me earache and my brain is screaming 'DEFCON2'

HH?
Normally I wouldn’t be 100% behind a post like this Bill, but I said before Cluj I was feeling a bit edgy/nervy. Mainly because we still looked a bit fragile defensively but I could not have predicted the team that Lennon put out. It was a major mistake in my eyes, follow that with not making the change at halftime and then saying it wasn’t the reason for the chaotic nature of the game and subsequent defeat. That’s just bizarre and the really worrying part for me as it means he believes he was right so no need to fix anything!?

To my friend Maria, Cyber cuddles on the way pal, haven't a clue what's been going on recently as I have had some personal stuff to deal with.
Thank fuck you are harder than a coffin nail and will thru time will recover and bounce back and teach us all a lesson in getting back off the canvas.
A truly inspirational woman. ??????

Bill , I think most of the support get kinda the same feelings, it’s gojng to be tough this year, we have had it our way for a long time now but this will come to an end at some point, it’s just a shame if it comes to an end because we have dropped our standards and not because other teams have raised theirs
It’s early days yet but signs are not good , get rid of Lennon now , make the change quickly , don’t fuck about , and maybe we can still achieve , I hope I am wrong as NFL is a legend , but sadly not the right choice for manager
The Huns are creaming there pants as we speak

No the feeling too well. Any more people want to slaughter me by pm?

Apparantly i’ve got big shoulders

I sent you instructions on how to ensure only people you want to speak to can send you PMs and yet the madness continues. NOBODY wants to read about your personal drama and yet we are treated to off-topic pollution of multiple threads.

My daughter is a big Celtic fan she too has the same thoughts as you
Billcowie,She is very positive by nature but has fears about our Season.I too am inclined to agree especially in the Europa,I feel we will exit fairly
quickly.Hopefully this is the end of our bad spell and we regain
confidence.

HH?
No sure where u think we'd struggle tae get a draw wae Mini Huns who are w/out Naebaws & are ABSOLUTE PISH!! AIK I kno nuthin abt but they struggled by a Mob fae Moldova so imo they are nae great shakes! As regards the Filth they have as bad a defence as ours despite whit they claim Tavpen tae be????..In baith games at Diepox last yr we wur fukin WOEFUL wae Calmac at LB & Duds like the 'Honey Monsta' Burke playin! We MUST get bak tae basics, we are the Tbl Tbl winnaz, start fukin showin it!! HH☘☘☘

HH?
A very honest, forthright and 'gets to the heart of the matter' post, Bill

It's no secret where I stand on the current divide. I do not take this position blindly. I just can't foresee where there is an appropriate alternative who will instantly reshape our current set of circumstances.

Only a fool would believe that there aren't at least cracks behind the scenes. There may even be ruptures - it's difficult to tell with the amount of stonewalling going on at the moment.

There have been positive signs on the park though. With the exception of yesterday, we have looked a potent threat going forward from middle-to-front; however - that is somewhat negated by how leaky we have been from middle-to-back.

As for the manager - he has made several tactical miscalculations in recent games and there appears to be a lack of decisiveness throughout the team as a direct consequence.

There have also been rumours that there have been grumblings of discontent among the playing staff. These rumours may just be the product of a mischievous media, but as a few of these rumours have been raised on less traditional media platforms - it does raise a question or two.

In the same way that only a fool would believe that everything was fine and dandy behind the scenes - only a fool would enter into the next few games thinking that we would sweep all before us. Logic would tell us that it may be prudent to look at tried and tested formulas that worked previously, but seeing as many of the 'go to' players are no longer with us, we may have to fashion a new way to win matches.

I happen to believe that there are positive signs regarding Boli, but it's still maybe too soon for him, as his confidence will have taken a bit of a battering. It's difficult to gauge Julienne, as he has not had enough competitive football in our league, which is far more agricultural than what he has previously been used to. There are question marks over other areas of the team too and this leads me to the next point.

John Kennedy and Damian Duff seem like pleasant enough and decent enough lads. That does not necessarily make them a potent backroom team. I feel Lenny needs a strong and capable No.2 who can rein in his excesses and offer forceful resistance to his more curious decisions. I believe that big Johan had this will in Lenny's first stint and someone in a similar mould may add more balance in team matters.

I don't want to discuss the board at the moment. It's a topic that's been discussed and debated at length, but it's difficult to properly debate when the flow of dialogue only appears to be coming from the supporters.

My big fear is that Lenny panics and either starts making signings for signings sake, or that he starts throwing young talent like Karamoko or Oko-Flex into the deep end and, effectively, to the wolves.

It's times like this that true champions prosper. During adversity. Let's see what these champions are made of and hope that EVERYONE (you too Lenny) takes responsibility for their performances and actions.

Great post, Bill, I appreciate your honesty and very much hope, like yourself, that you're wrong and that the pessi-pixies are just jiving with your juju.

HH?
You are right in saying what you think, and that’s the problem with(some) fans on here and other Celtic forums ,it does not take the brain of Britain to work out what the hell is going on ,?
And anyone who says different has head buried in the sand ! We HAVE let this slip to this ! to think a bunch of loan players ,,most who won’t get be hear next season ,COULD win the title is in my view totally unforgivable,the almost total demise of a plan ,is just mind blowing, yesterday was shambolic ,again !like you don’t see improvement for Thursday ! If we allow the huns breathing space they could develop a gap difficult for us to haul back .but at this moment it is all MAYBE ,.we can recover from This BLIP,,it is down to players and coach ,which I don’t hold much confidence in ,gets less every day, my views only ,hope I am was off the mark ,hh

A very honest, forthright and 'gets to the heart of the matter' post, Bill

It's no secret where I stand on the current divide. I do not take this position blindly. I just can't foresee where there is an appropriate alternative who will instantly reshape our current set of circumstances.

Only a fool would believe that there aren't at least cracks behind the scenes. There may even be ruptures - it's difficult to tell with the amount of stonewalling going on at the moment.

There have been positive signs on the park though. With the exception of yesterday, we have looked a potent threat going forward from middle-to-front; however - that is somewhat negated by how leaky we have been from middle-to-back.

As for the manager - he has made several tactical miscalculations in recent games and there appears to be a lack of decisiveness throughout the team as a direct consequence.

There have also been rumours that there have been grumblings of discontent among the playing staff. These rumours may just be the product of a mischievous media, but as a few of these rumours have been raised on less traditional media platforms - it does raise a question or two.

In the same way that only a fool would believe that everything was fine and dandy behind the scenes - only a fool would enter into the next few games thinking that we would sweep all before us. Logic would tell us that it may be prudent to look at tried and tested formulas that worked previously, but seeing as many of the 'go to' players are no longer with us, we may have to fashion a new way to win matches.

I happen to believe that there are positive signs regarding Boli, but it's still maybe too soon for him, as his confidence will have taken a bit of a battering. It's difficult to gauge Julienne, as he has not had enough competitive football in our league, which is far more agricultural than what he has previously been used to. There are question marks over other areas of the team too and this leads me to the next point.

John Kennedy and Damian Duff seem like pleasant enough and decent enough lads. That does not necessarily make them a potent backroom team. I feel Lenny needs a strong and capable No.2 who can rein in his excesses and offer forceful resistance to his more curious decisions. I believe that big Johan had this will in Lenny's first stint and someone in a similar mould may add more balance in team matters.

I don't want to discuss the board at the moment. It's a topic that's been discussed and debated at length, but it's difficult to properly debate when the flow of dialogue only appears to be coming from the supporters.

My big fear is that Lenny panics and either starts making signings for signings sake, or that he starts throwing young talent like Karamoko or Oko-Flex into the deep end and, effectively, to the wolves.

It's times like this that true champions prosper. During adversity. Let's see what these champions are made of and hope that EVERYONE (you too Lenny) takes responsibility for their performances and actions.

Great post, Bill, I appreciate your honesty and very much hope, like yourself, that you're wrong and that the pessi-pixies are just jiving with your juju.

I agree with you that Boli will come good SP, and has John Kennedy more clout than people think regarding team selection and formation? i think he has but the final decision is still Neil Lennon's.

Neil Lennon is losing the confidence of the players and If there's no confidence in him then it's over and he's got to go.

As if the game against cluj wisnae bad enough, i sat through that tripe yesterday and he comes out with "you did us proud pish" ffs nae wonder ma big blue nose pal cannae wait for the game against us.

The boat we are all in has been sailing for the rocks the last two years, where the rudder we knew needed shifted, wasn’t. Lack of ambition. Going cheap or not at all. Disastrous defensive signings, Comperr, Hendry, Gamboa, Boli, possibly Julien.

Not one who has come in looks anywhere near the level we desperately need.

We are in a tailspin. But, tailspin’s can be got out of. What we need is a new pilot to fly the boardroom plane. Until we do that, the ground gets closer with every game we play.

Imagine not even qualifying for the EL, when all our hearts were set on getting good players in and qualifying for the big one?

That and going to Mordor with the same pathetic defence fills me with dread too. Added to that the shot confidence of the players doesn’t auger well for the verdict whistling happy tunes and smiling at strangers.

Back