Bernard Higgins - Yes or No?

Are you and 1888 trying to infer something? If so, please be very clear about it. I actually enjoyed the Bertie Auld thread and (in part) let better people than me leave comments. There was no ulterior motive.

Paying a personal respect to a much loved and departed Celtic icon or soliciting links?.....it’s all about choices right enough...

The last few years, we've had these lavish Christmas productions.

Entertaining enough, but you're bang on, Brim. They haven't spent significant dough just to entertain us - they've spent significant dough to make us spend even more significant dough to line their pockets.

Interesting that they should choose to speculate to accumulate with TV ads, but that that philosophy doesn't appear to be a valid priority with the actual football team.

I also agree, Brim. Higgins will be given a substantial budget to beef up security. I'm pretty sure that it will be used to employ bodyguards for our board, rather than protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of our fans.
All these supposed businessmen on the board who can't seem to figure out that we would get a lot more from investing in the team and getting to the Champions' League than we would selling a few hundred extra tops for Christmas presents. It's unbelievable!

All these supposed businessmen on the board who can't seem to figure out that we would get a lot more from investing in the team and getting to the Champions' League than we would selling a few hundred extra tops for Christmas presents. It's unbelievable!
I think the presents will be in the thousands. Kids, brothers, sisters, dad's, mums, aunts, uncles and so on, around the world, hundreds of thousands. So now we see why they do it. Big money.

Are you and 1888 trying to infer something? If so, please be very clear about it. I actually enjoyed the Bertie Auld thread and (in part) let better people than me leave comments. There was no ulterior motive.
My post was in answer to the question posed in the original post, nothing to do with you, in fact i can`t remember if i posted on the Bertie thread myself. Leave the paranoia outside the door.

seems bayern fans want to change their board too

Yeh read about that, fans don't want Qatar's airlines sponsoring them anymore. So it's not just us.
To be honest, I don't really know how I feel about mixing politics and sport. Although it's irreversible now. I think it's up to each individual to assess where they stand. But I don't think a group should demand your acquiescence because you support the same football team.

Are you for or against this potential appointment?

The link below to Phil's Blog comprehensively lists all the Celtic Fans Organisations, Fan Media & Online platforms and Celtic Supporter Clubs that are against such an appointment. The list is substantial.

I didn't see the Celtic Noise mentioned anywhere, perhaps David can share his position with us?

Personally, I don't want to see this man anywhere near our Club.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO did I mention that I personally think NO?

Anybody who utters the words 'the Celtic fans should leave their politics at the turnstiles or face arrest' not only shouldn't be anywhere near Celtic Football Club but they shouldn't be anywhere near positions of power or influence anywhere in a sane democratic society let alone be in a leading role in the Polis.

Let's be clear about what we're actually asking here....Should we employ a man who set out to criminalise one section of society {ours) for exercising their legal democratic right of 'political expression' while at the same time that same man turned a blind eye, a deaf ear and done NOTHING about tens of thousands who engaged in illegal anti-Irish racism and anti-Catholic bigotry?

Eh....FUCK NAW a million times over!

Last edited:
Paying a personal respect to a much loved and departed Celtic icon or soliciting links?.....it’s all about choices right enough...
I think that's a really cheap shot. "soliciting links"?? Can you please expand on this? I've obviously offended you (which I most certainly did not want to do). Please expand and at least let me defend myself. Maybe you're right and I've totally got the wrong end of the stick but please let me know!

My concern, like many, is you can't trust this board whatsoever.
Still hold them all responceable for the shitshow of last season, and think this could be another tactic by them into saving sevco scum (SS).
We might need to be careful about falling into a well made trap for us all still.
Spot on John no, fighting the enemy from within.

Right fuck it it's devil's advocate time because I can't help myself and I'm bored, The polis don't create laws, they enforce laws. The law was passed by the Scottish government, the polis are duty bound to enforce that law. Equally the polis don't criminalise people that's up to the courts based on evidence.
I've read lots of comments about dawn raids against our fans but I haven't read anything specific about the circumstances surrounding these dawn raids, maybe I'm naive but I'd be surprised if the polis would commit much man power to host a dawn raid because some Tim sang the Celtic Song or waved a Tricolour.
Head of security in any major UK (Sorry but we are in the uk) is usually held by an ex senior polis or an ex senior Army officer, take your pick.
Is Bernard Higgins a good guy? I have no idea. Should he be head of security? Honestly I don't give a shit.
So there should be a third option to the op, yes, no, or who gives a shit ? I'd rather we won the league.

Right fuck it it's devil's advocate time because I can't help myself and I'm bored, The polis don't create laws, they enforce laws. The law was passed by the Scottish government, the polis are duty bound to enforce that law. Equally the polis don't criminalise people that's up to the courts based on evidence.
I've read lots of comments about dawn raids against our fans but I haven't read anything specific about the circumstances surrounding these dawn raids, maybe I'm naive but I'd be surprised if the polis would commit much man power to host a dawn raid because some Tim sang the Celtic Song or waved a Tricolour.
Head of security in any major UK (Sorry but we are in the uk) is usually held by an ex senior polis or an ex senior Army officer, take your pick.
Is Bernard Higgins a good guy? I have no idea. Should he be head of security? Honestly I don't give a shit.
So there should be a third option to the op, yes, no, or who gives a shit ? I'd rather we won the league.
Matter of principle in my book Hoopy.
I would stand in favour of the GB, even if I don't agree with everything that they do.
Yet we have a board that's prepared to go against our main vocal support, just cause they show them up for the tossers that many remain within the boardroom.
Not much of a choice to be made imo, and this dipstick Higgins must be right up there with the arsehole of all arseholes if he's even considering taking the role if offered to him, yet he would fit in well with the current boardroom members still.

Last edited:
I think your devils advocate is too one sided imo and so if you can give us a more balanced view taking in what we know about ‘specific’ impact to Celtic fans then we can respond. Naivety doesn’t count in devils advocate scenarios.

His job is to protect the board and the property they consider theirs, ie Celtic Park. As an ex cop they will think he has a working knowledge of the GB. The board use the GB when it suits them, like the fantastic tributes for Bertie yet totally ignore them on issues like this.

I think the presents will be in the thousands. Kids, brothers, sisters, dad's, mums, aunts, uncles and so on, around the world, hundreds of thousands. So now we see why they do it. Big money.
My thought was that, Celtic supporters being who they are, those who are going to get tops, strips, etc will already have them so there will be maybe a few thousand. I am sure someone gave a breakdown of merchandise revenue to a club previously (probably when it was suggested that a huge transfer fee would be recouped in shirt sales so it was possible CR7 to Juventus) and I seem to recall that the club will get a small share of a top costing (for example) £50 by the time Adidas takes its manufacturing and distribution costs and profit and retailers factor in their costs and profits. Also, since Adidas has given Celtic a sponsorship deal, that has to be recouped through the price of the merchandise too.

Devil's Advocate my baws! Yer clearly bored and oan a wee fishing expedition tae entertain yerself! 🎣 Yer a fuckin troublemaker I tells ya! 😂

Back