BEST BUY OF THE SEASON????

Best signing of the season.
Ange Postecoglou.

Presumably we paid his old contact up so "bought" him like a player.

No Ange, no Japanese terrors chasing down defences like madmen.

No POTY.

Look at yesterday, all goals scored by this seasons signings.

If we'd have got Eddie Howe and his "team" we'd have been looking at some ex Bournmouth players and a long term rebuild with the predicted 2nd place and we'd have been happy wirh that under him.

Ange has set the place on fire

Remember that first training session?

not loan do you think has had the biggest impact for us this season and not counting Ange either?

You didn't read the the question big fella. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
i just read question from title. didnt go back to beginning lmao

ok I would have picked CCV but he aint bought
Kyogo has been very good
But i like Hatate best from new year on
Maeda close second

And Hart best value of lot since he starts nearly every game and has been 1000 times better than i imagined at this style of football plus he is better keeper than i first thought too

Kyogo made an immediate impact and showed us all what an amazing impact Ange could have. Not only that but his success will have eased the path for the other Asia-Pacific players that will follow.

Carter-Vickers would have been my vote but you discounted on-loan signings so that ruled out him, Maeda & Jota.

There are many possible nominees such as Abada, Juranovic, O'Riley, Hatate, etc. Personally I would voted for Joe Hart - until his complete no-show yesterday. He was an absolute disgrace as he contributed nothing in that game against St Johnstone!!!

He has come in and steadied our defence (apart from that horrible tippy tappy keech across our own back line - but this is Ange's demand. Not only is he a fantastic player, but he presents himself and our club in the right light with the thoughful way he conducts himself.

I have nothing but absolute respect and love for the guy. I would be delighted if he stayed with the club after his playing days as a coach. I always used to think of him as a bit of an arsehole but I admit I was wrong. Hart reminds me of the likes of Sutton, Hartson, Petrov, Lubo & Henke - he wasn't born and grew up as a Celtic fan but he now has us in his heart and will be a fan for life.

For me it has to be Kyogo, a man who's psychological warfare impact could have been the product of decades of Japanese military research. Or even a thousands years old Samurai legend where the golden-haired hero sets out to battle infamous monsters, assisted by local warriors. The monsters grow to fear the Golden Samurai but roared in triumph when they learned of the injury keeping him from the field of battle. The vainglorious fools believed the local warriors would collapse and fail to defend the Golden Samurai but then he was joined by other Samurai who had learned of an honourable quest for glory. Round about the time the illusion of competition shat it.

All joking aside about O'Riley, I think Kyogo has been our best buy. First of all, just for coming to this side of the world, secondly for paving the way for the other Japanese bhoys and last of all for demonstrating the true meaning of Angeball.

There isn't a body from Ange to the keeper that hasn't been ready to graft for Celtic and this must have been the most successful 2 transfer windows ever.

We have a team that's going places but I would be well impressed if we can buy Jota, CCV etc. If we do the treble it might give them a taste for medals and the desire for more.

For me it has to be Kyogo, a man who's psychological warfare impact could have been the product of decades of Japanese military research. Or even a thousands years old Samurai legend where the golden-haired hero sets out to battle infamous monsters, assisted by local warriors. The monsters grow to fear the Golden Samurai but roared in triumph when they learned of the injury keeping him from the field of battle. The vainglorious fools believed the local warriors would collapse and fail to defend the Golden Samurai but then he was joined by other Samurai who had learned of an honourable quest for glory. Round about the time the illusion of competition shat it.
Don't we need another 3 Samurai? 7 is a good number after all.

Kyogo san best bar none. He lead the line alone lit up Scottish fitba was electric ⚑️
Also because of him the rest that followed
Settled in Quickly Ange helped too and as the manager said it’s only stage one of his rebuild. Good times ahead methinks
Mon the Hoops

HH πŸ€

As several posters have alluded to, the last 2 transfer wondows have been the best ever for us. But they needed to be. Remember that out of all of the senior registered football teams in the whole world, Celtic were ranked third out of well over 8,000 clubs/holding companies for loss of players from the season before!

It is amazing (not!) having a string manager with total belief in himself and his coaching ability - and finally a CEO who trusts the judgement if his technical staff - to buy players who he thinks he can get to play the way he wants and also to be able to persuade the other players he did not personally scout/recommend to trust him to try their best for a completely different philosophy.

Back