Betfred Cup Final: Celtic v Aberdeen - all comments here please

So I didn't try to get ticket for Sunday.

Have been to couple games this year. Dont have SB as work at weekends a lot so not justifiable in my budget.

But go when I can, was at Linfield at home.

Home Europa midweeks clashed with work so couldn't do that.

My brother in law was over from Oz for a wedding that co-incided with Sevco game, so we managed to get tickets from family member for that.

But I didn't try to get tickets for Sunday because others that go to every match can't get so I feel would be unfair for me to take and I hate Hampden park, horrible ground to watch football.

But, email in work during week about volunteering opportunity, bucket collection at Cup final before game, with ticket for it included.

Wow serendipty I feel, I apply, TBH didn't hold out much hope, 30 going and thought would get jumped on...and I ain't that lucky...usually.

Return email next day, am in...yaay...freebie to the first Trophy of treble squared.

I will stand in rain and do that, fuck I have done worse for less.

Also consider that have wee week annual leave next week and my sisters, nieces and nephews all come home in 9 weeks for a month, I am thinking "things looking up".

But, alas, the curse strikes again, walking home yesterday and, we have all done it, miss the pavement and roll my ankle....."aaaarrgggghhhh fuck" I scream and look around for a hun to kick....no luck. But home I plod.

Now I am sure you can see where this is going, but indulge me, feel sorry for me....and if you not sure where it going...I can only say WTF????

To work today, good weekend coming up and week off, cold outside and old fitba injures and the increase in weight over the years my joints are sore and a bit arthritic, but you put up with it. You have to.

Anyway Cup final to look forward to.

Ankle gets worse and worse, am hobbling about work like Joey Barton chasing Broony.

Like all good, decent men, I ignore it.

To home, now I live alone...aww poor me again....but see my dear old mammy and like all good Scottish mammies she "says what the fuck up way your ankle" I try to shrug away, I should know better, "shoes aff dickhead"........."ur ankle is swollen what u done"....this is when I remember rolling it.

"Get it up and rested" ..."but looks bad, will get worse"

Now, if you haven't drifted off by now, firstly I salute you, you really have the staying power of a Tim, if you have drifted off...well what's the point you are asleep.

Anyway, I live alone as I say ......awwwww.....so I can't rest it, how do I get beer or food? no fine Whoman to look after me......[roll sad puppy dog eyes]

So mammy phones, "how ur ankle?" ..."eh it's ok maw.." ....nope she not having that "is it still swollen?" ....you see where this is going.....

Again if you don't, I say WTF???

So mammy starts to insist on A&E -- nope not to GRI on Friday night I say....will see in morn if still same then minor injuries I go, I say. No appeasment there.

"DAVIE" (the auld fella) she shouts "we taking him (note that name not required) to hospital in morning" no response, not required, it's not in his job description.....

So looks like wee bone in ankle broken cos, as mammy had predicted, it has just got worse over time.

Now, all of us will be familiar with that type of scenario, so I am sure you are asking......firstly When will this end? (but thinking I have got this far, I am not giving up) and secondly....There better be a point!! (thinking if there isn't then I hope his ankle is fecking painful)

So here it is...finally the end...well almost...the points first?

To make people feel sorry for me....awwwww

Also, Should I, when I find out the inevitable, still attend the charity work? I wouldn't to let them down..and as such after it have a wee sit down inside the stadium?

If I do, how do I handle mammy and her, annoyingly..always annoyingly, logical well thought out points, that will be, in no small measure, wrapped up with guilt and emotional blackmail....such as "I will worry about you all day" etc?

So, now the end....Help...your advice, please?

N.B. I will accept any abuse you see fit to throw at me for putting you through it.
always listen tae yer mammy, mammy's know best!!!

Wee update on my dilemma (not that you care, and if you do, thanks), I have not broken anything.......well my mammy says her heart......but that's the emotional blackmail I mentioned.

But my ligaments have been done, any football fan knows that it's actually a worse injury...again ....awwwww poor me.

But tomo still not looking good, canny walk properly, so BT for me looks like.

Don't be hasty. Some strong pain killers will probably do it. Go along, do your bit and then watch history unfold.

yer nephew, dinnae worry,fae a disabled pensioner,two heart attacks and an embolism, ma wee sis(sb holder!) told me if ah snuff it before 10 in a row, she'll feckin kill me! HH buddy you look after yersel!!!

I reckon Masonic Dallas will have a say in outcome, "like father like son" Scumbags bothof them!!

GOOD MORNING, CELTIC NOISE, GLASGOW & BONNIE SCOTLAND.

Today is the day The Famous Glasgow Celtic start their quest for a historic Treble Treble at Hampden Park. Against Aberdeen the Dandy Don's aka The Mutton Molesters.
MON THE HOOPS GET FVCKIN IN TAE THUM.

Will be watching from big chair in the living room, with my wee Sevconian pal Duggie, he'll be seeing what a Trophy looks like, when Broony lifts it above his heed.

Well everything is set in The Hoose of The Tartan Wan, Fridge full of lagers, whisky, already having a wee pre match Highland Coffee.

Enjoy the game folks, MON THE HOOPS

CELTIC: Bain, Lustig, Boyata, Benkovic, Tierney; McGregor, Christie, Rogic; Forrest, Sinclair; Edouard.
Subs: Gordon, Simunovic, Gamboa, Hayes, Brown, Ntcham, Griffiths

For everyone's sanity I would advice that you all avoid sports news in Scotland for the next couple of days. Sevco are top of the league. Gerrard is the saviour of Scottish football. Back where they belong. We are back. The gap is closed. These are terms that will be getting chucked about until we restore the natural order.

For everyone's sanity I would advice that you all avoid sports news in Scotland for the next couple of days. Sevco are top of the league. Gerrard is the saviour of Scottish football. Back where they belong. We are back. The gap is closed. These are terms that will be getting chucked about until we restore the natural order.
I hear you Lubo. Lot of pish. Well sort the knuckle draggers out. We always prevail.
HH?

I'm happy with line-up. I think Broony and the Griff will both have roles from the bench.

Latest posts

Back